Status Update 27th July 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Raptor02
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 27th July 2017

Post by Raptor02 »

I'm thinking bobcat is a good guess. Makes sense and would fit well. I would love to hunt them in game. So hopefully it's true.

Very good news on feeders. Can't wait for that either.
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

I live with two tomcats and can't wait to shoot some bobcats...

Closest I ever came to pvp in the hunter. no, really... I hope it is Bobby. Really, squirel them screwalls...

Me thinks it be sum time for sum felines 8-)

(that be me getting into the spirit of actually using RB as a prime location for something else than just ducks)
Duke1943

Post by Duke1943 »

I believe a Bobcat would fit the description. They are very hard to find IRL.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Very happy to finally see RB getting some love. That the new species will also be available elsewhere can only be good news I think. Share the wealth, as they say. Raccoon maybe? I'm stumped. :)
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Nice info, maybe the Shitthawk is entering the ehr, that would be coool...
Btw, the epic trophy, is it a must to shoot epic butt shots...? ;)
Have a nice day everyone :D

Zarpa
Tracker

Post by Zarpa »

L3M182 wrote:Unless hirsch expanded its borders I'd say it would have to go to a new European reserve.
The problem is all europe is very similar to Hirschfelden. I mean, I'm from Spain, and Hirsch could perfectly be Spain (or France, Italy, Romania, etc). Exactly same animals (including the fallow deer yes) and environment.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

L3M182 wrote:
Prinz1989 wrote:Hm I don't know if I'm to exited about another very challenging species.
Most animals added after the WRR release are rather difficult to hunt.
I have a house rule to always focus on the animal I have the least kills of.
In theory this should lead to maximum diversity in hunts, but it actually leads to hunting wolfs and Dall sheep half of the time.

But do you not get more satisfaction from hunting more difficult animals. I know I do. Bison offer me no thrill at all
I agree with you if it's a fair challenge then it is more satisfying. For example I enjoy hunting the grizzlys which can't be baited more than the baited bears and I love hunting Big Horn Sheep.
The ideal challenging animal are for me the Coyotes. For a new player they are very difficult to hunt. But over time you learn their spawn points and also how to lay proper ambushes and to aim well with a silent bow to kill multiple coyotes in the same ambush. You overcome the chalenge through skill and strategy and that is really satisfying.

But let's take the wolfes, I think their chasing mechanic must be called broken and this more than annything else makes them so challenging and that isn't fun at all.
The Dall sheep are very spread out in a vast terrain and often roam mountains that the player can not access. Again not much fun, as you often have to search for more than 30min before even finding tracks.

So lets say the new animal is bobcat.
1. It will roam the maps alone, so no multiple kills will be possible.
2. There will probably be only a few of them per map so you will have to search a long time (1. time luck is big a factor).
3. It should have neither call nor caller or other lure.
4. It should be very sensitive and shy.

So unless they release a dog that chases the bobcat up a tree (which would be pay to win), what would your average bobcat hunt look like?
1. On average you will search more than 30 min for tracks.
2. Follow the tracks wich is very boring and annoying.
3. Propably spook the animal 3-4 times (this again has much to do with luck) when getting close especially on SC and RB before you finally see it and shoot it.
It simply doesn't sound like a fun hunt (or good gameplay) to me and I can't think about a good strategy that it offers.

But maybe I'm wrong and the animal falls into the good category of challenging who knows.
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

If it is the Bobcat, it should be challenging. Like others have said, they are stealthy and hard to find. What I know about them is that they can be lured with predator callers and they can make a loud screech that can send shivers down your spine if you don't know what it is.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

@Prinz1989... I love your first 1, 2, 3, and 4 things you said about the bobcat... But isn´t the bobcat attracted to anything, not even blood (dead animals), or other animals...? Maybe we can put out blood traps at one pount in this game...? I love the sound of difficult, that brings out the hunting instinct (in me, and I love to think). An animal can´t be too difficult, unless it´s name is Bigfoot... I´m hoping for a Shitthawk that crosses the map rarely in the sky, that if your lucky can get with a .22... ...or baybe it sircles sometimes among the crows... :D

ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

Nice update.

The announcement of a bobcat and a future reserve would suit me nicely!

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”