Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Treedweller
Tracker

Re: Game Updates 19th and 20th July 2017

Post by Treedweller »

I tried to update through Steam, as the standalone version gives an error and stops working after downloading the game patch, and my Bitdefender antivirus found a trojan in the downloaded launcher.exe file and moved it in quarantine. It's the first time this happened and I've been using this antivirus for a long time. So I'm stuck now with a Steam version which can't update the launcher and a standalone launcher which can't update the game.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey EW team. For the future could you edit some of the trophy poses so the pack is at our feet or we can move the pack around :) i just took a photo and thought man it would look great with the pack on the ground by my feet.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Treedweller wrote:I tried to update through Steam, as the standalone version gives an error and stops working after downloading the game patch, and my Bitdefender antivirus found a trojan in the downloaded launcher.exe file and moved it in quarantine. It's the first time this happened and I've been using this antivirus for a long time. So I'm stuck now with a Steam version which can't update the launcher and a standalone launcher which can't update the game.
I had the same problem where it would not D/L after the launcher was updated on the site. The new launcher will load only.
I then went to STEAM and updated theHunter there.
Copied the game file only, then pasted it over the web version game file.
It worked after that.
If you have problems with the update on the web you can manually delete the files inside of the game folder only and it will rewrite with new update files,
or it will at least update the new launcher if it doesn't make it through the updated game folder files process. If it doesn't then you can take the STEAM game folder and copy over it to make it work.

To make the web version game update load new files again just delete the content out of the Launcher folder and the Game folder and make sure you have STEAM for Back-up files if needed.

A little copy and pasting will at least get you playing the game.
Last edited by gas56 on July 20th, 2017, 12:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Treedweller wrote:"I tried to update through Steam, as the standalone version gives an error and stops working after downloading the game patch",...... " So I'm stuck now with a Steam version which can't update the launcher and a standalone launcher which can't update the game."
same problem here...when will we get a fix for this problem ?. ...seem to be talking and fixing other problems with this update...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Alena Rybik wrote:Your comments to the game update from the 19th July 2017 and from 20th of July.
The game update link does not work from the 20th of July.
guess I will go to the game..... ;)
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Thank you for the update. Wow, I like the new turbo inventar/map load. The only last slowload I have is while enter the trophy lodge.
I don't know if this possible, but saving the trophy lodge datas local too would be great.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Pittie wrote:I don't know if this possible, but saving the trophy lodge datas local too would be great.
Unfortunately that data has to be stored on the server.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Treedweller wrote:I tried to update through Steam, as the standalone version gives an error and stops working after downloading the game patch, and my Bitdefender antivirus found a trojan in the downloaded launcher.exe file and moved it in quarantine. It's the first time this happened and I've been using this antivirus for a long time. So I'm stuck now with a Steam version which can't update the launcher and a standalone launcher which can't update the game.
I've had this happen two times in the past - I don't know what caused it, but my antivirus quarantined "thehunter.exe" and the Steam update failed. The only way I could make it work again was to completely remove the game and reinstall it with my antivirus temporarily disabled. Far from perfect, but it hasn't happened again in the last two months - so I thought this problem was solved. Seems I was wrong... :(
Image Image Image
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

Usually the problem of "virus" comes from a steam update that is to be done before the update of TheHunter.
Rebooting the PC, STEAM updates and then the update of TheHunter is done without problems.
GreatBighorn
Scout

Post by GreatBighorn »

Happy to see working on bug fixing. However still have unstoppable crashes at Whiterime
Patience is virtue for hunting
Always perfect shots "on the wing"
If you don't find me flush the roosters you'll find me blast some puddle drakes
Nothing harder than shooting WT Ptarms at dusk!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”