Game Update 4th July 2017 - Rustic Trophy lodge

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Game Update 4th July 2017 - Rustic Trophy lodge

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I don't like the new lodge. Start over and make mine with red cedar instead. I would like a nice aromatic scent to come from my computer to freshen up my room a bit and to combat all the old beer cans and pizza boxes scattered about. :D In all seriousness, you guys out did yourself with this new lodge. Great job and thank you very much!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Yeah same with DOTA. But this is not just cosmetics it has two new features as well. If it was all just the same but cosmetically different than yeah I would agree. I put $30 into an immortal skin in Dota... so trust me I know that you know, what I know is what you know... or something like that. :lol: But again yes if it was just cosmetics I wouldn't have a problem. Like a new cellphone model it's cosmetics and new features :) this is the big difference. I just feel burned for putting money into the game, you know if it was released 6 months down the line the burn would be less... but it's not it's like 7 weeks or something haha

TK
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I picked up the new TL- and I noticed as you come in through the out-door... that there are little cubby holes with certain items in 'em? I wonder if we will see Gun-Lockers, Gun Racks etc. I think it would be cool to see all my rifles lined up nicely and maybe a few more on wall-racks. I could walk up to 'em and choose, which one I want to take with me on any particular hunt. I know the inventory system is already available- via- when you start a hunt, but being able to see ones rifles and what-not all lined up on a wall, would even make these lodges more appealing. So how about it EW? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Mrmr123 wrote:Great looking lodge, thank you :) but i have to say that the coyote stand is in a bad spot, cant it be moved down stairs maybe next to the radio? Also bit disappointed that we only get one deer full body stand, why cant we have the bear stands to work also for deers full body mounts? as a person who is not interested in bears. can make use of these empty spots :D

EDIT: Here is why i think the coyote stand is in bad spot

This is what I was saying, too. I love the whole thing, except for that. Feels odd to put one in front of a door and you can't really see it :(

As for the talk about those who bought the old lodge--I can understand the frustration. It's mere luck that I didn't get the other first, and I'd be disappointed if I had, too. A suggestion? Maybe in the future, those with an older model could upgrade for 1/2 price? Like, you lose the old, gain the new, get 1/2 off? It'd probably be hard to code, though. I don't know if there's code available for checking and then REMOVING things from inventory.

Or, to encourage buying in general--maybe those who buy one get a discount on one in the future? Buy a lodge, get a voucher for 50% off another lodge, including models that may come out in the future?

Just a thought to maybe help smooth things over for others!
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Anyone knows how to visit someone lodge who is not in your friendliest? it says search for person but nothing comes up, not sure if they mean that as for search in friend list? was trying to look up metalmind lodge :oops:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

BCKidd wrote:.... I think it would be cool to see all my rifles lined up nicely and maybe a few more on wall-racks. I could walk up to 'em and choose, which one I want to take with me on any particular hunt. I know the inventory system is already available- via- when you start a hunt, but being able to see ones rifles and what-not all lined up on a wall, would even make these lodges more appealing. So how about it EW? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Wow!
One of the best suggestion I ever read so far! ;)
I hardly support this idea! 8-)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Just bought the new lodge, and I enjoy both lodges enough that I'm not even bitter about the bundle that gives you one of each (though, if I'd seen the bundle a couple minutes sooner, I probably would have just paid the extra 200 ems for another lodge, oh well!). Truth is, it'll probably take me an eternity just to fill up the two lodges I already have and even when I do, I will then strive for even better trophies to replace the first ones with.

That said, I do have a few small qualms with the new lodge. I really don't care for the medium animal platform on the top of the second staircase. I liked theshewolf's way of putting it as being "shoehorned" in. It sort of doesn't fit in there, and you can't get around it to admire any angle of the animal except for the front. Maybe you could angle the stand (even though that would surely mess with my OCD... Perhaps put a potted plant behind it to fill the hole?) so that there is slightly more of a side view of the trophy? Or put something else up there and find a different spot for a medium animal stand? I put a wolf on the stand to test it out and none of the poses do the animal any justice the way it is now.

My second slight disappointment is that there is only one full body animal stand. Don't get me wrong, it's AWESOME. But there are now four other fairly large stands spread around the room that only allow bears and roos. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't care much about roos and I don't really think I need one of every bear in my lodge to be happy. I'd really, really love to see these stands also allow full body mounts of the smaller deer species. You'd be bringing more full body mounts to the lodge, which has seemed like a popular desire given how beautiful some of the rares can be, and you'd be making your existing stands (which are in both the classy and rustic lodges) more versatile.

The radio is a nice touch, but I will admit I tabbed out of the game and started looking for whatever tab I may have had open on my computer that started talking. It took me way too long to realize that talking was coming from the radio in the lodge (I hadn't read about the radio yet, or even visually noticed it at that point). I found the talking to be rather distracting and ended up turning the radio off. I would much prefer to hear some sort of quiet music, maybe a few tunes that you can switch between just by clicking on the radio.

Anyway, I still love the new lodge and think it is definitely more "rustic" and traditional compared to the first lodge that was released. I can't wait to fill it with some awesome trophies. Thank you EW for another excellent addition to the game.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Mrmr123 wrote:Anyone knows how to visit someone lodge who is not in your friendliest? it says search for person but nothing comes up, not sure if they mean that as for search in friend list? was trying to look up metalmind lodge :oops:
They have to be in your friends list.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

xOEDragonx wrote: My second slight disappointment is that there is only one full body animal stand. Don't get me wrong, it's AWESOME. But there are now four other fairly large stands spread around the room that only allow bears and roos. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't care much about roos and I don't really think I need one of every bear in my lodge to be happy. I'd really, really love to see these stands also allow full body mounts of the smaller deer species. You'd be bringing more full body mounts to the lodge, which has seemed like a popular desire given how beautiful some of the rares can be, and you'd be making your existing stands (which are in both the classy and rustic lodges) more versatile.
Yeah, this, too :) I think the majority of hunters are primarily deer-hunters? I'm not a big fan of bear. I can plonk more bear AROUND, and I'm glad to have the one full-body deer mount but I'd love the option to change it up and have more deer.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Mrmr123 wrote:Anyone knows how to visit someone lodge who is not in your friendliest? it says search for person but nothing comes up, not sure if they mean that as for search in friend list? was trying to look up metalmind lodge :oops:
They have to be in your friends list.
I thought the public can access lodges too, didnt know it was private for friends :( now i have to be friend with metalmind to see his rare animal :oops: ????

Also i am glad so far there is 3 people including me who want bear stand to be able to hold deers full body :mrgreen:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”