Status Update 16th June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 16th June 2017

Post by Pretty_Boy »

I must say I'we been through a lot of surveys @ work, but the results has never been of any interest...
This survey by EW, "on the other hand" is very nice...!

Quote "Our efficiency at dealing with bugs was evaluated with 7.02 as the weighted average"
CongratZ...! This is a realistic optimistic result I would like to see in the future to come too, or even better... ;)

...I took a quick and dirty QA and calculated the weight myself: 7.022552

The Pie of values 1 - 10, "dealing with bugs satisfactory", given by the 5454 Hunters are shown below clockwise...
I'm impressed...!

...yea, and btw Welcome to the Team Kitty the Cat, A Frontend Developer working with the Lodges, thats just nais...!
... maybe @Kitty the Cat can make it say "Pretty_Boy" instead of "Lodge" on the Lodge signs/plates in-game, that would also be nais... ;)

Happy Hunting :D
PB

killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Goodbye Dennis and Magnus, you shall be missed :(

Welcome Katarina

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Thank you everyone for your feedback about competitions, a lot of food for thought here.

About community designed competitions; I didn't really get what the general opinion is - great or not really? I liked the suggestion where instead of choosing the whole pack we would mix-and-match great ideas from different players, because often we like two or three in the set but not the rest. We will do like this in the future. We will also try to be faster at implementing them. It's usually not the process of setting them up but the testing part that takes most time.

On a side note; what do you think about ptarmigan missions and competitions? Would you like to have one set for all three of them, same as we have it for ducks? Or have different sets for all three of them? We are a bit on the fence about that one.
vsaet wrote:First welcome to Kat. :)
Second about the survey price you choose ,randomly you said and I believe that, 2 non existent players and one guest. I would like to know what survey a guest can complete :?: and how an non existent player can complete the survey :?: :roll:
In the survey I think you ask for the player's name.
One player's name doesn't exist indeed, but we trust people to enter their theHunter names and accept that mistakes happen. Sometimes people confuse their theHunter names with other game / forum name / Steam / whatnot. In that case we announce their names as stated in the survey and wait for them to contact us. If the player in question doesn't get in touch, we will pick a new winner. Guests have as many chances to be picked, we don't discriminate.
Ravenousfox wrote:I have an idea Devs...
Please make duplicate comps like how it was last week but instead of having both single player make the other duplicate comp Multiplayer.
That way there's a single player version of the comp and a Multiplayer version.
Similar to Member and Guest comps.
For those that say hunting as a team in MP doesn't bring you an advantage it does in a huge way considering most people in MP games do drive hunts and don't even hunt properly to stalk animals.
I am afraid we already have too many competitions. We've been collecting some data over the last months and a lot of competitions are joined by fewer than 10 players and some only by 1 - 3 (!). Even fewer players play competitions to the end, i.e. get their scores on the leaderboard. The participation is very low in general, one of the reason we're investigating is that the amount is simply overwhelming for an average (not hard core "competitionist") player.
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

I think it's better to have the ptarmigans all together, since they all share the same gameplay and are all featured in the free species rotation together.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
Flinter
Scout

Post by Flinter »

Alena Rybik wrote: I am afraid we already have too many competitions. We've been collecting some data over the last months and a lot of competitions are joined by fewer than 10 players and some only by 1 - 3 (!). Even fewer players play competitions to the end, i.e. get their scores on the leaderboard. The participation is very low in general, one of the reason we're investigating is that the amount is simply overwhelming for an average (not hard core "competitionist") player.
As I'm sure you have seen many times: I know for myself and friends, if more comps were multiplayer, we would join them. We often decide where we will hunt based on the multiplayer competition that is going on at the time, but lately we have not been all that interested due to the repetitiveness of the multiplayer comp sequence
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

drakle wrote:I think it's better to have the ptarmigans all together, since they all share the same gameplay and are all featured in the free species rotation together.
I also thought you could keep the ptarmigan missions together and if they are free to hunt at the same time it is indeed a good reason.

Ptarmigan comps I would keep separate because they are all in different places.
Flinter wrote:As I'm sure you have seen many times: I know for myself and friends, if more comps were multiplayer, we would join them. We often decide where we will hunt based on the multiplayer competition that is going on at the time, but lately we have not been all that interested due to the repetitiveness of the multiplayer comp sequence
The repetitive sequences have been mentioned a few times to be a negative and I agree.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:I have an idea Devs...
Please make duplicate comps like how it was last week but instead of having both single player make the other duplicate comp Multiplayer.
That way there's a single player version of the comp and a Multiplayer version.
Similar to Member and Guest comps.
For those that say hunting as a team in MP doesn't bring you an advantage it does in a huge way considering most people in MP games do drive hunts and don't even hunt properly to stalk animals.
I am afraid we already have too many competitions. We've been collecting some data over the last months and a lot of competitions are joined by fewer than 10 players and some only by 1 - 3 (!). Even fewer players play competitions to the end, i.e. get their scores on the leaderboard. The participation is very low in general, one of the reason we're investigating is that the amount is simply overwhelming for an average (not hard core "competitionist") player.
That's a shame, well thanks anyway to take the time to read through my idea/post about the comps. :)
Easy em$ to the few people that join in those comps, am I right? ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Ravenousfox wrote: That's a shame, well thanks anyway to take the time to read through my idea/post about the comps. :)
Easy em$ to the few people that join in those comps, am I right? ;)
Exactly :)
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

what do you think about ptarmigan missions and competitions? Would you like to have one set for all three of them, same as we have it for ducks? Or have different sets for all three of them? We are a bit on the fence about that one
I don't know if these competitions are a good Investment into the game. All people I know don't like these birds and they would not play ptarmigan competitions.
Perhaps it would be better to give us first comps for the other species (dall sheep, grizzly, wolf etc.)?
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Pittie wrote:
what do you think about ptarmigan missions and competitions? Would you like to have one set for all three of them, same as we have it for ducks? Or have different sets for all three of them? We are a bit on the fence about that one
I don't know if these competitions are a good Investment into the game. All people I know don't like these birds and they would not play ptarmigan competitions.
Perhaps it would be better to give us first comps for the other species (dall sheep, grizzly, wolf etc.)?
Grizzly is being tested and coming soon. Wolf is in the works. Dall sheep will be in the next round of the community design competition, together with goats. We want to add competitions and missions for all species, sooner or later, and ptarmigans are a bit of a pickle, that's why I am asking for your feedback. Plus I know people who love hunting them :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”