Status Update 16th June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update 16th June 2017

Post by Radamus »

Jinglepants wrote:As a trivial footnote, my favourite species to hunt is Coyote. This is in no small part due to the competitions it has.
One of my favs as well, and there's one day where 2 yote comps are active at once.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Jinglepants wrote:I have always suggested in surveys that competition can be either multiplayer or single-player. The distinction is pointless in most competitions as the player with the kill shot is the one credited with the competition entry.
In MP comps, as you describe, 7 other players help you find the one to kill. Not cricket by anyone's logic.

Joe, Bill, Harry, Bob, Dave, Tom, Larry, and Phil, all in a MP comp together. "Okay Phil, it's your turn to collect the trophy we all help you find. Next game, we will be in a different comp, and it's Bill's turn."

Do you really think that's fair to those who play SP?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Lemmanski
Spotter

Post by Lemmanski »

Thanks for the update !
Welcome Katarina, great sunglasses 8-)
Congrats to the winners of the 1000 em$

I don't participate in the competitions concerning longest distance and total weight of animals shot (too time consuming and no fun for me).
But I like most of the other competitions. Normally, I only play in SP.

Don't make the competitions too complicated (using a specific weapon at a specific distance in a specific stance etc.) !

For some competitions, 2 days are maybe a bit too short (especially for those competitions with an average of the best of three etc.); three days will be better for those competitions. And if some competitions are two days and other three days, the schedule will be a bit more irregular. This way, people who only play during weekends, can participate in more diverse competitions and not in the same ones every weekend as it is now.
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger... except bears. Bears will kill you ! :o
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this update.
Best wishes for your projects Denni and thanks for the job done.
Welcome aboard Katarina :)
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thanks and welcome aboard Katarina !
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Jinglepants wrote:I have always suggested in surveys that competition can be either multiplayer or single-player. The distinction is pointless in most competitions as the player with the kill shot is the one credited with the competition entry.
In MP comps, as you describe, 7 other players help you find the one to kill. Not cricket by anyone's logic.

Joe, Bill, Harry, Bob, Dave, Tom, Larry, and Phil, all in a MP comp together. "Okay Phil, it's your turn to collect the trophy we all help you find. Next game, we will be in a different comp, and it's Bill's turn."

Do you really think that's fair to those who play SP?
:lol: It's so easy to do something like that : Fox Lady(single player), Fox Lady(multiplayer) and Joe, Bill, Harry, Bob,Dave, Tom, Larry and Phil can hunt together enjoy and win comps :lol:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Fare well Dennis and Welcome Katarina!

Thanks for the RME competitions. So far ok for me.

Gimme that nifty CotW ATV in Classic please! :D

With all those team changes it is about time for a new team picture. It's been a while. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Just as a fun idea,
I think maybe as well or instead of em, probably instead... the animals that win the comps get taxidermied free and have a gold, silver or bronze edge around the mount. Then when someone right clicks on one in a trophy lodge it comes up with its usual stats plus what competition it placed in. This would make trophy lodges even more fun to visit..... "wow nice Elk and I see it won you a comp" Plus it means you can actually show off your trophys.

TK
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

TreeKiwi wrote:Just as a fun idea,
I think maybe as well or instead of em, probably instead... the animals that win the comps get taxidermied free and have a gold, silver or bronze edge around the mount. Then when someone right clicks on one in a trophy lodge it comes up with its usual stats plus what competition it placed in. This would make trophy lodges even more fun to visit..... "wow nice Elk and I see it won you a comp" Plus it means you can actually show off your trophys.

TK
I love this idea :)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Goodbye Dennis, hello Katrina....
Comps... don't got much to say about that!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”