Game Update 7th June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: Game Update 7th June 2017

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Yes, nice update, but maybe lift the roof of the Lodge just a little :)

Sqwee
Outfitter

Post by Sqwee »

Digging the ability to have scarves and glasses now!
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Generalkommendant wrote:I don't know about the Eurohoppers either because frankly I don't see the reason to track those ones :roll:
I track them often when I want to hunt them. Actually, tracking helps a lot finding their burrows. Given that they tend to leave roaming tracks that lead away from their hiding holes, a fleeing track is particularly useful because it shows the most promising search direction. So, unless you are happy with accidentally stumbling over their burrows, tracking them (until you find burrows) makes a lot of sense, IMHO.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

MonacoSteve wrote:I track them often when I want to hunt them. Actually, tracking helps a lot finding their burrows. Given that they tend to leave roaming tracks that lead away from their hiding holes, a fleeing track is particularly useful because it shows the most promising search direction. So, unless you are happy with accidentally stumbling over their burrows, tracking them (until you find burrows) makes a lot of sense, IMHO.
I fully agree with this. Finding euro rabbit tracks in general simply means the warren is close, but you still have to find it if you want to set up on it. Following all roaming tracks in every direction doesn't exactly help to point you in the right direction. Having fleeing tracks might not be necessary since you already know the holes are close and they're not too difficult to stumble upon, but it can certainly expedite the process of finding the warren. Especially if the holes are conveniently hidden in bushes or obstructed by tall grass.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

xOEDragonx wrote:
MonacoSteve wrote:I track them often when I want to hunt them. Actually, tracking helps a lot finding their burrows. Given that they tend to leave roaming tracks that lead away from their hiding holes, a fleeing track is particularly useful because it shows the most promising search direction. So, unless you are happy with accidentally stumbling over their burrows, tracking them (until you find burrows) makes a lot of sense, IMHO.
I fully agree with this. Finding euro rabbit tracks in general simply means the warren is close, but you still have to find it if you want to set up on it. Following all roaming tracks in every direction doesn't exactly help to point you in the right direction. Having fleeing tracks might not be necessary since you already know the holes are close and they're not too difficult to stumble upon, but it can certainly expedite the process of finding the warren. Especially if the holes are conveniently hidden in bushes or obstructed by tall grass.
It's the way to do it. Another suggestion, if you are hunting rabbits, especially in BRR, fire a shotgun in the air when you find multiple roaming tracks. It helps to create fleeing tracks that lead to the warrens.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Black Bear sounds: If they were supposed to be lowered, it certainly did not work. I got two serenading me right now, just as loud as ever. Overlapping each other and everything.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Black Bear sounds: If they were supposed to be lowered, it certainly did not work. I got two serenading me right now, just as loud as ever. Overlapping each other and everything.
I haven't experienced any differences me neither. From before til after the update.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Black Bear sounds: If they were supposed to be lowered, it certainly did not work. I got two serenading me right now, just as loud as ever. Overlapping each other and everything.
I'd mentioned this a couple pages back--the roars sounded clearer and like separate soundfiles or something, like I could hear faint static cut out between each roar, but they're still going on, and on, and on, and cutting one another off. I wanted to quit a hunt because of how irritating it was, just really getting on my nerves. Just remove the moaning and give them the "huffing" of brown bears when close, imo.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

to me, the volume seems to depends on the distance. some are louder than others.
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

It does seem to have changed that way, yeah. But it's still very constant.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”