Status Update 2nd June 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BCKidd

Re: Status Update 2nd June 2017

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks for the update! Congrats to all winners. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Thanks for the update and for all the new additions. Congrats to all the winners. I am so glad you asked what new clothing we would like. First and foremost working blaze orange camo and summer forest dog vest.

Head wear
1. bandanas to match all the summer camos, army, and blaze orange
2. beanies to match all the fall camos, winter forest, b&c, blaze orange
3. matching caps and boonies for all the summer, fall, winter forest, and blaze orange (camo already with caps add boonies, camo already with boonies and caps)

Face scarfs
1. summer forest, summer field, summer swamp, summer alpine
2. fall forest, fall field
3. summer ghillie, fall ghillie (maybe not matching 3D leaf versions if it looks bad but the pattern that's on the summer dog scarf would be perfect for summer ghillie and make one similar for fall ghillie)
4. perhaps forest green, khaki, and happy camper forest green for completeness

*also new camo paint to be used in the fall environments. (something with not so much green in it)

Dog vest
1. SUMMER FOREST! SUMMER FOREST! SUMMER FOREST!
2. b&c and army
3. perhaps forest green and khaki for completeness

Dog pack
1. summer forest, summer field, summer alpine, arid, fall field, winter forest
2. b&c and army
3. happy camper forest green for completeness

New Camo Patterns
1. Fall alpine for mountain regions on TGT (the summer alpine does not really blend well into that environment in my opinion)
2. Perhaps some sort fall evergreen forest/field for the green forested areas and fields of TGT (if current summer forest and fall forest camo got together and had a baby that would be the pattern for TGT)
3. Some sort of summer hardwood or woodland pattern style combo that will work in both forest and fields of northern regions of Rougarou that is not swamp

New ghillie suits
1. fall and summer field suits made of grass strands instead of leafs to be used in the fields
2. swamp ghillie made of reeds

I like maros.kuzar suggestion of an all around camo pattern that can be used against all species the way the outback outfit works.
Last edited by JamboWhoDat on June 2nd, 2017, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Congratulations to all the winners,.... I was surprised I came in 2nd place on the Trophy Shots.
and thanks for the Trophy Lodge!
Although I have taidermized animals already without the lodge, and the $10 Em is a good fee.
I guess now I will see what they look like inside of the lodge. :P
Last edited by gas56 on June 2nd, 2017, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I understand the reason for having the large platforms and large plaques in those trophy lodge locations because of clipping. I would like to ask if we could have the option of placing smaller mounts in those places instead. A location with a large plaque or large platform can be substituted with a medium plaque or medium platform. However, the reverse cannot be true in the medium locations. Also wall mounts for waterfowl and upland birds in flying poses would be a nice addition to the lodge too.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I noticed in the sales you are missing the red lumberjack hat that matches the red happy camper shirt and dog pack. Gotta complete the set. :D
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Oh here is another suggestion to add to the store. Please add the alpine blind to the store (I saw it in the store when you hosted the WRR and ducks beta). My style of hunting will make great use of it even though there is no callers or scents for big horn and ibex (although feel free to add those callers and scents as well). I am sure others will have a good use for the blind too.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Grats to the winners! There's been some really awesome Lodges shown off since release.

Since theHunter was released, there's been a bit of a trend in camo in the real world, with digital camo and things like Kryptek, OptiFade, etc. I'd like to see any of those fresh camo patterns.

As for something that would fill a needed gap in my opinion, I'd like to see Predator Deception, or Predator Deception Brown for use with canines and any upcoming predators. These could be Excellent for predators & Moderate for everything else.

Predator Deception

Predator Deception Brown

I agree with others that there's a need for the high country of TgT to have their own camo pattern that better matches the terrain. Below are some patterns that would work well up there, along with a few others that I just personally like.

Kings' Desert Shadow

Kryptek Highlander

Opti-Fade Concealment Open Country

Opti-Fade Concealment Forest

Cabela's 02 Octane
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Congrats to the winners! Nice layouts.

I hope you are working on the problems with taking trophy shots and getting the pop up asking whether or not you want the animal taxidermized? I have the settings as show it all the time, yet it's completely random. I have missed taxidermy (no pop up in-game and no offer to still do it in the next 24 hours) several times which is very frustrating. Here you are, having a contest for pictures of trophy lodges, and I can't put anything in it that is decent. Sometimes I harvest an animal and do not take a trophy shot, and I get the pop up, other times no. Sometimes I take a trophy shot, and get the pop up while it's uploading, sometimes not. In both cases, I don't get any option to still taxidermize later. Also, it seems the 24 hours starts when you harvest the animal, not when the hunt ends. Is it supposed to be that way?

All of this could be due to the crappy wifi I'm experiencing as I travel. At home, I'm hard wired and have no issues.
Yep I am willing to bet your issues are related to your traveling since you have no problems at home. I am assuming you are staying at mostly inexpensive traveling hotels/motels. You are sharing not so great bandwidth wifi with many other guest at the hotel. You will experience slow connections and packet loss. You need to tell your company to put you in 5 star hotel suites with dedicated internet access. You need to tell your company you have priorities and obligations to the Hunter that must be met and second or third rate hotel stays just won't do.

Although the 24 hours starts when you harvest an animal, you will not be charged the extra em$ to taxidermize until after you end your current hunting session. As long as you are still in your hunting session that you harested the trophy, you will still be charged 10 em$.
Riumma
Spotter

Post by Riumma »

Thank you guys, congratulations to the rest of the participants and a special thanks to TheHunter team for the award and to give me the desire to open up to your fantastic simulator.
Thanks for all!!! :D :D :D.......Sorry for my poor english.
AngelOne63
Tracker

Post by AngelOne63 »

Congrats to all winners... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”