Status Update 19th May 2017 - Trophy Lodge!

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Re: Status Update 19th May 2017 - Trophy Lodge!

Post by MonacoSteve »

Ravenousfox wrote:Goto this link: http://steamcharts.com/app/253710
You'll find it's about 700 players average in the last 30 days.
Playerbase is really low now.
Well, this is probably an underestimation. Steam is not everything. Many players play also via the web launcher. Honestly, however, I have given up estimating thC player numbers. Only EW knows the truth - and they never share this number anyway. We can only guess on orders of magnitude, perhaps. When EW run the community game to uncover the trophy lodge picture, 1 Mio animals were harvested by the players within ca. 10 days. It is tempting to make some calculations from those numbers, too, but in the end it would also only be a rough guessing.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

it's a trend tho, doesn't matter the actual numbers, they are getting lower. if you want to know the truth, make a new guest account, earn 1HS and see where that puts you on the list! A lot higher than 6,000,000th and COTW has lost >66% of the initial players.
Last edited by phil1 on May 31st, 2017, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

MonacoSteve wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Goto this link: http://steamcharts.com/app/253710
You'll find it's about 700 players average in the last 30 days.
Playerbase is really low now.
Well, this is probably an underestimation. Steam is not everything. Many players play also via the web launcher. Honestly, however, I have given up estimating thC player numbers. Only EW knows the truth - and they never share this number anyway. We can only guess on orders of magnitude, perhaps. When EW run the community game to uncover the trophy lodge picture, 1 Mio animals were harvested by the players within ca. 10 days. It is tempting to make some calculations from those numbers, too, but in the end it would also only be a rough guessing.
I realize not all players use Steam for thehunter.
However I'd say it's quite accurate considering we're very lucky to get over 800 players to enter the special event comps now. (Xmas, Easter, etc)
the 1,000,000 harvested animal counter isn't a good comparision to go by since you can get about 50 Geese or Ducks in one hunt. ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Agree RF, 128 players in Sneakathon 17!!
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

phil1 wrote:it's a trend tho, doesn't matter the actual numbers, they are getting lower. if you want to know the truth, make a new guest account, earn 1HS and see where that puts you on the list! A lot higher than 6,000,000th and COTW has lost >66% of the initial players.
That number won't be usable though...The game has been around for years, thousands (I'm guessing) of those HS numbers higher than the 1 just earned are from dead account. Players that only played a few times. Or, older players that wanted to see what the player base was by creating a guest account.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

So where's the cutoff for good info, I've asked friends ranging from 500 to 37000 hunterscore, so I've got a good idea of how many are playing, combined with the number of people in competitions, special events and those of my friends who were long time players, but have stopped playing. BTW I never believed the 6,000,000 player rubbish, nor the previous 5,000,000 or the 4,000,000. ;)
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

phil1 wrote:So where's the cutoff for good info, I've asked friends ranging from 500 to 37000 hunterscore, so I've got a good idea of how many are playing, combined with the number of people in competitions, special events and those of my friends who were long time players, but have stopped playing. BTW I never believed the 6,000,000 player rubbish, nor the previous 5,000,000 or the 4,000,000. ;)
I think we are just stuck without good info. :evil: I've often wondered about it when I'm looking at the available MP servers & number of players. Is that really all there are? Because that really isn't much at all, even considering a 24/7 scenario.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Violator31 wrote:I was just thinking about this again....like I've said many times, I don't do a lot of MP hunts, but I can already imagine the scenario where you are on someone else's server, you shoot a monster. The score is shown at the bottom of the screen. Your host sees this & thinks about how it would look in his trophy room & boots you from the game & goes to harvest your trophy for his trophy room. :twisted:
Once the score is shown on your screen, it's too late to kick another player and harvest it yourself. The score is only shown when the animal has already been harvested. What could happen though: someone writes into chat that he just shot a big albino elk and gets kicked before he can collect it. I agree that only the person that killed an animal should be able to taxidermize it!
:lol: :lol: ....sheesh. well, that confirms my statement about not MP hunting very often. :roll: As soon as I read your reply I remembered that. For crying out loud, how would the score come up before the harvest screen confirms it. :oops: (sorry)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

Small calculation (certainly false, only because I love math :) ):
1 000 000 harvest /(10 days = 240 h ) = 4167 harvest/h
if average 15harvest/h per hunter ( HS=0 => Hoo )
=> 278 hunters
gaming 2 h / day / hunters
278*24/2 = 3500 hunters
uncertainty : Probably +/-150 % ;)

:idea: Another solution: take the best HS, read one by one all the hunters, count those whose last hunt was made less than a month ago, add up.
(I do not have much time but I can make the first page) :P
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

I check the steam numbers fairly regularly as it's really the only piece of solid info we have and in the time thehunter has been on steam it has
Peaked and troughed plenty of times ranging from an average of 1k down to 600 players. New reserves and species always provoke a peak and we haven't had one in a while . Late spring early summer iseems always to bethe quiet time. Late 2016 to March 17 seen the highest average numbers since steam release. I wouldn't go worrying that the games dying it's not it's just quiet. Wait a few weeks for the may data to drop in and you'll probably and you'll probably see a jump off the back of the trophy lodge

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”