Status Update 19th May 2017 - Trophy Lodge!

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Status Update 19th May 2017 - Trophy Lodge!

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Funkygecko wrote:So I just saw a picture of someones lodge and I saw the Turkey on the floor NEXT to the bear. So I guess it doesn't take the spot OF the bear which is very nice!
But still sucks you have to choose between the goose, turkey, or pheasant. (I believe.) Either way once lodges go on sale im sure most of us will pick up another one. Gonna go look at some more lodges :)

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 68#p874768
I think there should be more flexibility in which plaques and platforms we choose to display and in which locations. If you wanted to do a lodge dedicated to a reserve, for example a loggers point reserve, you have so much wasted space. You would not be able to fill the large wall nor the back corner wall with small plaques for deer or hogs because it requires large plaques which are not needed for loggers, nor the corner spaces for the large platforms that require bears. Those corners could easily be used for more pheasant or coyote mounts.
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

I had two nice critters fail to prompt for mounting, but knowing there was a bit of an issue, made sure I took trophy shot of everything I would mount. Buggy or not, this is a wonderful addition. Thank you for all the time and effort.
Spoiler:

BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Just a heads up, but still no em$ or trophies for the comps that ended or early saturday.
I just got mine... thx!

And I just lost a blue arctic fox for my trophy lodge. :cry: Why does the taxidermy seem to work for those boring critters, but not for the nice ones. :?:
Me too, got the money and trophy.

On the other hand, I'm not being too terribly lucky to get animals worth stuffing, but the 4 I tried, I succeeded.
Spoiler:
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Funkygecko wrote:So I just saw a picture of someones lodge and I saw the Turkey on the floor NEXT to the bear. So I guess it doesn't take the spot OF the bear which is very nice!
But still sucks you have to choose between the goose, turkey, or pheasant. (I believe.) Either way once lodges go on sale im sure most of us will pick up another one. Gonna go look at some more lodges :)

I agree. We will add more platforms for those birds.
JamboWhoDat wrote:

I think there should be more flexibility in which plaques and platforms we choose to display and in which locations. If you wanted to do a lodge dedicated to a reserve, for example a loggers point reserve, you have so much wasted space. You would not be able to fill the large wall nor the back corner wall with small plaques for deer or hogs because it requires large plaques which are not needed for loggers, nor the corner spaces for the large platforms that require bears. Those corners could easily be used for more pheasant or coyote mounts.

it would be fun indeed, but then there will be tons of wall, ceiling and animals clipping with each other. Things won't be pretty.
Tanngnjostr wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Just a heads up, but still no em$ or trophies for the comps that ended or early saturday.
I just got mine... thx!
We had some server delays over the weekend related to the start of a new season, so leaderboards took their sweet time to update and competitions didn't end when they should. Eveything should have been sorted as of yesterday.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Has anybody else tried doing ducks for the trophy lodge? I think I found two issues. 1) The ducks are not keeping their poses. For example, I set the mallard duck in the pose with the spread out wings. I leave the lodge and come back in a session later, the duck is in the default pose where it is nibbling at it's back. It is doing this for all species of duck. No matter what pose I place it, it is always going back to the default. 2) Ducks are flying through the lodge. When ducks are passing directly overhead, they are passing directly through the lodge. It does look cool though with the ducks coming through the french doors.
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

MissIceWolf wrote "Also, I believe you misunderstood the deleting trophies thing. When you taxidermy an animal, it is saved into your trophy manager. You can have as many taxidermy animals as you want in the trophy manager and you can switch your displayed animals whenever you want. You are not forced to display the same mounts forever. They were just saying you can't permanently delete a stuffed animal from your trophy manager, as I'm sure there would be a handful of people who accidentally delete one of their favorite trophies and demand EW get it back for them."

My problem is having too many in the trophy manager that I want to delete , Is this possible ? (sorta got out of hand , I was so thrilled at the room ) :D
such as getting a larger animal, it would be nice to just mount that one instead of the
4 or 5 others you have mounted already in the trophy manager. 8-)
Hunter300
Spotter

Post by Hunter300 »

HooCairs wrote:While I understand that you cannot do a taxidermy for a past animal due to missing info, can I suggest that you could at least give us REPLICAS of those. This could be done rather easy (I think) if we tolerate a certain deviation from the original. Simply generate a random animal until you find one that scores within 5% of the given animal, then label it with the values of our original animal, and add the tag "Replica" to it. Who cares whether an elk rack for example looks exactly as the original as long as I can place that trophy animal. For all animals scored by weight or head size it would not even be possible to tell the difference between a replica or the original. Just generate a big bear and tell me it is that 28.7 scoring brown bear from 2014.
I really wish that the developers would consider HooCairs' excellent suggestion, the same kind of thoughts have been on my mind too.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Hunter300 wrote:I really wish that the developers would consider HooCairs' excellent suggestion, the same kind of thoughts have been on my mind too.
It has been considered.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p874994
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

caledonianblues wrote:
Hunter300 wrote:I really wish that the developers would consider HooCairs' excellent suggestion, the same kind of thoughts have been on my mind too.
It has been considered.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p874994
Honestly, I would not order replicas, even if I could get some. It would not be the same, even if everything in this game is just virtual and not "real". Living under an irreversible time vector, I guess we humans sometimes will simply have to accept the fact that time which passed is gone forever, and not everything from the old times should be recovered.

Long ago I have already lost track of my rare animals harvested within the last 8 years. It would have been nice to have a record of them somewhere, but we never even got a separate rare statistics, and so I have learned to live with my - admittedly gappy - memory. No doubt that I will taxidemize all future rares - so this leaves room for an interesting time to come. I hope that this game will continue to be available for long and I that have thus no reason to regret that I canot look back...
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

The main purpose of a trophy room is to remember past successful hunts. To be told that it was considered 'too difficult' to have past animals available for display has stopped a lot of people buying it. I'm pleased that you are happy with the way it is at the moment, a lot of other people aren't.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”