Status Update 19th May 2017 - Trophy Lodge!

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update 19th May 2017 - Trophy Lodge!

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Nice way to be on it Alena. Fingers crossed that it works and the patch will be here shortly!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Nice way to be on it Alena. Fingers crossed that it works and the patch will be here shortly!
Probably not today, but fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Alena Rybik wrote:Probably not today, but fingers crossed for tomorrow.
:) Thx!
Image Image Image
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Villkatta wrote:
ForstHeld wrote:Hey Alena, i didnt know that feature with the different poses, but unfortunatly that didnt help with my red deer stag:

I don't think big red deer(260+) or big Elk fit at all in that corner. The roof is too low. Bison works well, moose I don't yet know(got to shoot one first). I did manage to fit my 247 stag in there by a hair, but anything larger winds up in the roof. You might have to move that trophy to the big "main wall" for now.
Maybe lowering the plaques would correct this problem! ;)
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Grizdude wrote:
Villkatta wrote:
ForstHeld wrote:Hey Alena, i didnt know that feature with the different poses, but unfortunatly that didnt help with my red deer stag:

I don't think big red deer(260+) or big Elk fit at all in that corner. The roof is too low. Bison works well, moose I don't yet know(got to shoot one first). I did manage to fit my 247 stag in there by a hair, but anything larger winds up in the roof. You might have to move that trophy to the big "main wall" for now.
Maybe lowering the plaques would correct this problem! ;)
I think allowing us to have the option of placing a small plaque in that corner will work also.
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

Alena Rybik wrote:UPDATE: It looks like we have found the problem with some animals not getting a taxidermy prompt. We are testing the fix right now, together with some other things for the Trophy lodge. We are planning to deliver the new patch to you as soon as we are sure that the fixes are working.
Excellent news, thanks for the prompt response! :D
Funkygecko

Post by Funkygecko »

Ideas for head clipping seen above- Having the option to move the plaques a few tiles around would help with roof clipping. Dropping them down a bit or left or right etc. And if the HEAD Plaques could be custom adjusted like leave the 4 poses and make another one be like trophy shot mode where we can move the head how ever we want but can click again if we mess it up so it goes to original pose. This would make our trophy rooms less cookie cutter and more distinctive.

Picked up the Trophy Lodge yesterday and was able to bag a 183 whitetail for 3rd place in the competition which got me thinking.

Wanted to suggest some ideas you guys might be interested in. It would be cool if you when you win a competition Gold, Silver, Bronze. Or maybe only for gold im just throwing the idea out there to be brainstormed.

-If you win you get a voucher to be used on the animal that won or placed. Voucher could either be a free mounting or discounted mounting (like when price goes back to 20ems, you win first place and max will taxi for you for 10ems with the competition voucher and only the winning animal etc.) Idea from this come from if you won the competition said animal is probably a trophy and your gonna want to remember your win.

-Expanding on the competition idea. Maybe in the future you guys can have a special competition plaque (for first place animals in comps, i dunno gold border plaque, maybe the trophy from the competion hangs under it. I like the trophy idea better but any of these would spice up the room and make those competion winners stand out from you other trophies )
or my idea was a Ribbon or 3 ribbons for 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc like the fair. This ribbon would be added/pinned (ex. bottom right) to the plaque to show this animal was a competition winner.

-Maybe the only thing I didn't like about the trophy lodge was that. You can only have one Turkeys, geese, and pheasants in the corner which takes up a big spot and takes place of the kangaroo , and bears etc. Maybe the addition of 2 mounts from the roof or something similar for these flying birds would be able to open up some space so we can still have at least 2 of these birds while still having some of the Huge animals. (But benifit of the doubt, I havent seen the turkey, geese or pheasant mounted so I have no idea how it looks.) not sure if you can put 2 pheasants on one big stand like if they are on a tree or something. guess Ill find out once I bag a nice one lol.

-Max need to get his rug making in order we need to make a nice warm bear skin rug for the lodge. Would love to get one of these :) (bear skin rug mount)

Keep up the good work guys and gals the lodge's look and feel great.
Funkygecko

Post by Funkygecko »

So I just saw a picture of someones lodge and I saw the Turkey on the floor NEXT to the bear. So I guess it doesn't take the spot OF the bear which is very nice!
But still sucks you have to choose between the goose, turkey, or pheasant. (I believe.) Either way once lodges go on sale im sure most of us will pick up another one. Gonna go look at some more lodges :)

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 68#p874768
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Alena Rybik wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Nice way to be on it Alena. Fingers crossed that it works and the patch will be here shortly!
Probably not today, but fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Just a heads up, but still no em$ or trophies for the comps that ended or early saturday.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

BuiuRei wrote:Just a heads up, but still no em$ or trophies for the comps that ended or early saturday.
I just got mine... thx!

And I just lost a blue arctic fox for my trophy lodge. :cry: Why does the taxidermy seem to work for those boring critters, but not for the nice ones. :?:
Image Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”