Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Post by DHRifleman »

I admit I jumped some while watching the stream to just see how the system worked and not the actual hunting that went on (except the big mule and Alena colorful expletive), so was it shown how to select animals to mount after the decline during the hunt?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Tanngnjostr wrote:EDIT: Quick Jimbo beat me! :)
TOO SLOW TANN!!! When hunting bears I would gladly allow you to tag along... so I would have someone I can outrun!!! 8-) :lol:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DHRifleman wrote:I admit I jumped some while watching the stream to just see how the system worked and not the actual hunting that went on (except the big mule and Alena colorful expletive), so was it shown how to select animals to mount after the decline during the hunt?
After you've taxidermized an animal, you can open the "trophy manager" inside a lodge and select which animals to display. I think you can change it as often as you want, the taxidermized animals are yours forever. :)
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:I admit I jumped some while watching the stream to just see how the system worked and not the actual hunting that went on (except the big mule and Alena colorful expletive), so was it shown how to select animals to mount after the decline during the hunt?
After you've taxidermized an animal, you can open the "trophy manager" inside a lodge and select which animals to display. I think you can change it as often as you want, the taxidermized animals are yours forever. :)
I think he meant "Did they show the process of selecting for mounting an animal that you had declined at harvest?" I didn't see that, but I left early. It makes sense that would be part of the trophy manager.
Last edited by JimboCrow on May 18th, 2017, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

they did that on the launcher without showing it, as twitch was capturing what was happening in the game.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Doc's Desk Mystery [REVEALED]

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

You know, until the stream and now more in this thread, I have never, ever heard the term "taxidermize". I know it is, in fact, an actual word, but usually when people talk of getting taxidermy done, they usually say "mount", as in "would you like to mount this trophy?"

Just an observation, sorry. Self admitted grammar nazi here :lol:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:You know, until the stream and now more in this thread, I have never, ever heard the term "taxidermize". I know it is, in fact, an actual word, but usually when people talk of getting taxidermy done, they usually say "mount", as in "would you like to mount this trophy?"

Just an observation, sorry. Self admitted grammar nazi here :lol:
Transitive verb ......Taxidermy ---> Taxidermize (To preserve by means of taxidermy.)

To use an example you're undoubtedly more familiar with:

Lobotomy ----> Lobotomize ( To reduce the mental or emotional capacity or ability to function. AKA living in New York :shock: ).
Personal Bests...
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

John...exactly what part of "I know it is, in fact, an actual word.." was not clear?

*turns on megaphone*

I KNOW WHAT IT MEEEEEEAAAAAAAANNNNNNSSSS!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Haha, I couldn't resist, ol' buddy!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Just to be clear about the "mounts", you don't actually pay for these. By that I mean the pieces of wood (or plaques) that the animals are attached to, or the wooden floor platforms, or the smaller platforms that rabbits and birds are displayed on. These are part of the lodge. Other than the purchase of the lodge itself, you only pay taxidermy fees for the animals you wish to taxidermize. As was mentioned above, the fee to taxidermize on the spot is slightly cheaper than if you choose to do it later from your hunt summary (which you can do up to 24 hours afterwards).

Chuck, I'm with you. I consider myself to have a fairly good vocabulary and until recently had never heard of the term "taxidermize". That being said, it's never a word I've had to think about or use before. It sounds kind of awkward to me, like there should be a better word for it. Oh well, it's now part of my vocabulary and I can't wait to start taxidermivizationating the crap out of stuff.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

killertut wrote:they did that on the launcher without showing it, as twitch was capturing what was happening in the game.
OK but was it explained how it will be done? Is it from the hunt, or the score sheet? and is the 24 hours from harvest of the animal, or the start/end of the hunt?
And if you have 24 hour to decide, why limit it at all?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”