Status Update 5th May 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Status Update 5th May 2017

Post by Alena Rybik »

Mrmr123 wrote:@Alena Rybik,

I was happy filling the survey until i reached the part where i cant find my country :lol: i feel offended and i need 10k EM compensation for my feelings :oops:

BTW had to choose Israel... i dont plan to redo the survey again, so u guys can fix it from your end i hope.
Sorry, the list of countries us taken automatically from the survey manager universal database.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I forgot to mention, when I took the survey, under "how can we improve the game" etc. that I think the single BIGGEST thing would be increasing animal draw distance. At the moment it's one of the biggest immersion-breakers and frustrating points for me--the scenery renders so far, and animals just blink out of existence so soon! I know it's an engine limitation but if it could ever be addressed, imo that would be the #1 improvement possible for the game.
SIRTEX1
Spotter

Post by SIRTEX1 »

I like this one It’s not cheap to develop a game. Then there is an ethical aspect which is one of our main pillars in theHunter Classic that we treat extremely seriously.
1 develop a game It’s not cheap your right But

whan you make game like The Hunter: Primal / the hunter call of the wild

you could have made a Africa map with the big 5 for the Hunter classic
And this one What is an ethical aspect this is a game not Sex and toys We are playing a hunting Simulation The Animals in this game are Simulation Anyone who has Shot a Animals know that sounds that a Wounded animals makes
it Uncomfortable Any hunter who cares about the animals he/she hunts has struggled with these sounds All I am saying we know you would never put that in a game. That is unethical

un·eth·i·cal. ADJECTIVE not morally correct "it is unethical to torment any creature for entertainment

and we won’t be adding Africa until we feel that our game design in that respect is 100% bulletproof

Were in any of your game is it 100% bulletproof That Done Now I love the new maps that come out and animals and there in no way 100% bulletproof

so next survey ask the players if they want Africa map with the big 5 for the Hunter classic :D

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

what i dont get is how much more expensive is africa to develop to say japan or china? that was in the server and from an ethical point of view, any animal killed in an inhumain way is unethical but were not asking to beat them with clubs. how does a deer, bear or bison differ from any of the big 5? and it cant be a conservation status thing as we have polar bear and they share the same vulnerable status as the elephant and lion
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

L3M182 wrote:what i dont get is how much more expensive is africa to develop to say japan or china? that was in the server and from an ethical point of view, any animal killed in an inhumain way is unethical but were not asking to beat them with clubs. how does a deer, bear or bison differ from any of the big 5? and it cant be a conservation status thing as we have polar bear and they share the same vulnerable status as the elephant and lion
You are correct. But the safari type hunting that the media blows out of proportion has made it a hot button issue. In the states deer hunting is tolerated. At best. I live in a rural area & most people around here accept it. Although there are some, of course, that protest it, but they do it mildly & quietly (murmuring to close friends that are supposed to keep their mouth shut) :roll: .
Just yesterday I got into a banter over a Facebook post about a guy posing with a giraffe he harvested. It ended with them saying "whatever".... i love that. Too many people don't know what goes into determining tag limits or seasons - they just know that this guy shot a beautiful, "gentle" animal. When you try to educate them, calmly, they crawl back under the rock & squeak out "whatever".
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

L3M182 wrote:what i dont get is how much more expensive is africa to develop to say japan or china? that was in the server and from an ethical point of view, any animal killed in an inhumain way is unethical but were not asking to beat them with clubs. how does a deer, bear or bison differ from any of the big 5? and it cant be a conservation status thing as we have polar bear and they share the same vulnerable status as the elephant and lion
for sure its the conservaton status; the difference is that with africa would came a reservat that "has" to be dedicated to the big 5. a reservat you would hunt only endagered species (not sure bout the buffalo); on the otherside wrr is not build around endagered animals. you can hunt fine without going for the bear. also there are no competitions for polar bear, besides the special events, for that reason as far as i know
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

Violator31 wrote:
You are correct. But the safari type hunting that the media blows out of proportion has made it a hot button issue. In the states deer hunting is tolerated. At best. I live in a rural area & most people around here accept it. Although there are some, of course, that protest it, but they do it mildly & quietly (murmuring to close friends that are supposed to keep their mouth shut) :roll: .
Just yesterday I got into a banter over a Facebook post about a guy posing with a giraffe he harvested. It ended with them saying "whatever".... i love that. Too many people don't know what goes into determining tag limits or seasons - they just know that this guy shot a beautiful, "gentle" animal. When you try to educate them, calmly, they crawl back under the rock & squeak out "whatever".
one thing is hunting for meat or to keep the fauna controlled. another thing is to hunt an animal just for sport and the trophy. that is meant by most people with unethical.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Granti wrote:
one thing is hunting for meat or to keep the fauna controlled. another thing is to hunt an animal just for sport and the trophy. that is meant by most people with unethical.
But the part that goes "misunderstood" & unreported is the fact that there are many factors that go into determining tag limits. It's quite possible that in that area the Giraffe is damaging crops or being pushed into towns/villages, "Nuisance animals" is how they are labeled. The tag fees go into paying the game wardens that are stopping poachers for dropping other animals that are close to extinction. Maybe these animals are overpopulated & causing problems on the roadways - none of these fact will be disclosed by mainstream media because it doesn't fuel the fire. It's the common sense route & they ignore it. Urbanization is taking away land from wildlife by hundreds of acres a day (MORE) the only way to reverse that is to spay & neuter PEOPLE, and we all know that isn't going to happen. Animals instinctively reproduce. Left in their natural state they will, along with the natural predators, maintain healthy numbers. Then, along comes man, developing their natural habitat & pushing them out. Next thing thier available food source has been thinned down to next to nothing. So, do we want all of them to suffer from malnutrition or starvation, or do we thin the herd so that the food source is more evenly spread out? Once again, man steps in. They do population studies, food source studies, then they use these numbers to determine what a "healthy herd" number should be. With that number in mind they sell hunting permits. The fees from these hunting permits pay the game wardens salary so he can catch poachers and continue the monitoring of the herd.
I'm not in any way pointing the finger at you Granti. I have read a lot on how to handle & explain this procedure to people that condemn hunters for their actions. Some of them walk away with a better understanding & some of them mutter "whatever" * sulk off. Most of the time, as long as we do this calmly, they don't know how to respond after a couple of heated accusations. They want a heated conversation because with that heat comes knee-jerk responses that can sometimes be inaccurate or twisted to help their side of the conversation.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Granti wrote:
Violator31 wrote:
is it though? its something like $50,000 all in for a tag for an African lion which a huge chunk goes towards conservation. kill for meat you didnt waste an 1 animal . trophy hunt in Africa and you help to prevent whole species going to waste. it pays the wages of the locals to be national guard to counter poaching instead of doing it for money from the black market ivory and traditional medicine industry. it also fuels the tourism economy to an extent as you dont go to Africa hunt 1 day and come home that evening. animal management is tight in Africa so if animal need culling might aswell let the guy willing to pay top dollar shoot it.

that Cecil the lion bull last year was only out of hand because a few celebs jumped on it and so the rest of the world did. That guy did nothing wrong and the lies that followed that it was poached or lured out of conservation sight were stupid, that poor guy suffered from death threats and his business crashed all because he legally payed for the privilege to kill an ageing lion that was at risk of inbreeding with his young in the range he was in. but nope idiots(nor you granti) who couldn't find Africa on a map signed petitions to get the guy put away for the maximum possible.

its the same as that Kendall Jones girl. poor young teenage girl receiving death threats of groups of grown men because she hunted big game in Africa. type her name into google the first thing that pops up is a petition to ban her from travel to Africa. whats that about?.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

L3M182 wrote: is it though? its something like $50,000 all in for a tag for an African lion which a huge chunk goes towards conservation. kill for meat you didnt waste an 1 animal . trophy hunt in Africa and you help to prevent whole species going to waste. it pays the wages of the locals to be national guard to counter poaching instead of doing it for money from the black market ivory and traditional medicine industry. it also fuels the tourism economy to an extent as you dont go to Africa hunt 1 day and come home that evening. animal management is tight in Africa so if animal need culling might aswell let the guy willing to pay top dollar shoot it.

that Cecil the lion bull last year was only out of hand because a few celebs jumped on it and so the rest of the world did. That guy did nothing wrong and the lies that followed that it was poached or lured out of conservation sight were stupid, that poor guy suffered from death threats and his business crashed all because he legally payed for the privilege to kill an ageing lion that was at risk of inbreeding with his young in the range he was in. but nope idiots(nor you granti) who couldn't find Africa on a map signed petitions to get the guy put away for the maximum possible.

its the same as that Kendall Jones girl. poor young teenage girl receiving death threats of groups of grown men because she hunted big game in Africa. type her name into google the first thing that pops up is a petition to ban her from travel to Africa. whats that about?.
Exactly what I was saying.
It's a shame that the main stream media cannot report the FULL story. They have to build it into a HATE thing in order to sell the paper or bait "clicks" on a website. They encourage the knee-jerk, heated response. Like I stated above, when handled calmly they get frustrated.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”