Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

Post by Fletchette »

The difference is that with the old system, the attraction penalty for shooting an animals didn't take effect during the current hunt, so the 250m attraction radius was never reduced until your next hunt. Now, with the new system, the penalty takes effect immediately (current hunt). It doesn't go to zero, but rather to a smaller radius ( 30m maybe), then increases back to the 250m radius during the 1/2 penalty period.

So if the animals flee or roam outside the smaller attraction radius, they don't come back. Even after the 1/2 hour, only random roaming within the 250m radius will attract them again.
Last edited by Fletchette on May 8th, 2017, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Fletchette wrote:The difference is that with the old system, the attraction penalty for shooting an animals didn't take effect during the current hunt, so they 250m attraction radius was never reduced until your next hunt. Now, with the new system, the penalty takes effect immediately (current hunt). It doesn't go to zero, but rather to a smaller radius ( 30m maybe), then increases back to the 250m radius during the 1/2 penalty period.

So if the animals flee or roam outside the smaller attraction radius, they don't come back. Even after the 1/2 hour, only random roaming within the 250m radius will attract them again.
This is the reason why I don't use the baits anymore. Fun is going away.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Yep I think a good idea would to have the 250 radius then another 100m radious further out but only maybe 25% of the strength of you get me. I really miss extended hunts at a feeder
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

L3M182 wrote: I really miss extended hunts at a feeder
Then again, they aren't really "hunts" are they? :roll:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
L3M182 wrote: I really miss extended hunts at a feeder
Then again, they aren't really "hunts" are they? :roll:

well in that case this game isn't a "hunting" game.......
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Semantics, guys ;)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

im not even 100% sure what hes referring too. is it that its not realistic or something?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

L3M182 wrote:im not even 100% sure what hes referring too. is it that its not realistic or something?
Sitting near a feeder in a blind or tree stand isn't really hunting for anything. Whether it's done IRL or this game, it's not hunting, it's showing up. I made the comment because you lamented about not being able to do it for an extended time. Why would you want to?

Not trying to argue, you are free to play the game however you'd like. I just thought that comment seemed like an oxy-moron.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Stan, I have to disagree bud. Hunting is whatever it takes to lure an animal and make the kill. Sitting in a tree stand or ground blind near a feeder is basically an ambush, or setting a trap if you will. It's a popular method of hunting all around the world, and for various species of animals here in the States as well. In setting up a feeder and blind/stand, isn't the hunter already doing his homework to find out the most effective areas to do this? Would be kind of a waste of time just setting up shop in some random area, correct? So yes, it is still hunting, and that's actually the real term for it: stand hunting. You do not have to be stalking and following an animal or whatever just to be considered hunting, bud. I'm sure you know this. Again, it's just semantics my friend.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
L3M182 wrote:im not even 100% sure what hes referring too. is it that its not realistic or something?
Sitting near a feeder in a blind or tree stand isn't really hunting for anything. Whether it's done IRL or this game, it's not hunting, it's showing up. I made the comment because you lamented about not being able to do it for an extended time. Why would you want to?

Not trying to argue, you are free to play the game however you'd like. I just thought that comment seemed like an oxy-moron.

your forum pic is literaly someone asleep in a tower/blind. its probably the most popular wat to hunt irl. few people are skilled enough to stalk and track

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”