Status Update 5th May 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 5th May 2017

Post by L3M182 »

saying africa in the EW office must be like shouting shakespear in a theatre. they know we really want it and we know they're purposely skirting the topic. seriously we might be getting japan or china before Africa?. we got polarbear so the endangered species thing is out the window and other hunting games have done Africa and had little or no repercussions from PETA or other activists.it would give the current community a massive moral and hype boost to par what it was like after multiplayer got announced, not to mention a big recruitment drive for increasing the possible player base and revenue

seriously after something like 6 years of dodging it can we please get a reason why other than "its a possibility but its not on our current horizon". and end this running joke of why the biggest and longest going trophy hunting game has completely avoided the continent with the biggest and most prestigious trophys. its the mecca of sport hunting and its the place 99% of all hunters would go if they ever got that 1 dream hunt opportunity
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Status Update wrote:In the meantime, we will regularly rid the leaderboards of erroneous scores.
Unless the leaderboard is called Hall of Fame. Cleaning the leaderboards so that in the end you have perfect data to import into a broken and neglected leaderboard. Image
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

L3M182 wrote:saying africa in the EW office must be like shouting shakespear in a theatre. they know we really want it and we know they're purposely skirting the topic. seriously we might be getting japan or china before Africa?. we got polarbear so the endangered species thing is out the window and other hunting games have done Africa and had little or no repercussions from PETA or other activists.it would give the current community a massive moral and hype boost to par what it was like after multiplayer got announced, not to mention a big recruitment drive for increasing the possible player base and revenue

seriously after something like 6 years of dodging it can we please get a reason why other than "its a possibility but its not on our current horizon". and end this running joke of why the biggest and longest going trophy hunting game has completely avoided the continent with the biggest and most prestigious trophys. its the mecca of sport hunting and its the place 99% of all hunters would go if they ever got that 1 dream hunt opportunity
I second this statement.
The survey completed into the last detail.
Thanks for the update!
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

Thanks EW for another great update :D really hope that Doc's desk reveals a customized lodge/cottage/cabin - that would be awesome ;)

Nice to hear that spring finally made it to Stockholm - here in Denmark the weather is also performing pretty nice 8-)

Will have a look at the survey soon. Reading this thread, i must admit, that it would be only fair for us to know, why EW dossent chose Africa for a new reserve - unless it comes now...It has been a big request for years

Keep up the good work :D
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

BIG Ditto from me as well regarding an AFRICA Hunting Reserve!!!

Wetland :D
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

L3M182 wrote:saying africa in the EW office must be like shouting shakespear in a theatre. they know we really want it and we know they're purposely skirting the topic. seriously we might be getting japan or china before Africa?. we got polarbear so the endangered species thing is out the window and other hunting games have done Africa and had little or no repercussions from PETA or other activists.it would give the current community a massive moral and hype boost to par what it was like after multiplayer got announced, not to mention a big recruitment drive for increasing the possible player base and revenue

There are enough huntable species in Africa that aren't endangered, so there's not even a need to include elephants, rhinos and the likes as species for hunting (I wouldn't hunt them anyway, computer game or not). And yes, I'd love to have a reserve based on African savannah. I don't have a doubt either, that this would be the most wanted reserve if it still were in the survey. But alas, I'm afraid it's going to be hunting peccaries in some god-forsaken South American jungle... ;) :lol:
churchcc12

Post by churchcc12 »

There are enough huntable species in Africa that aren't endangered, so there's not even a need to include elephants, rhinos and the likes as species for hunting
I think this should definitely factor in when considering Africa. Why not test it out with one reserve with plains game or something similar? I would love to have a reserve with gemsbok, kudu, eland, or any of the various gazelles or duikers from Africa.I'm probably in the minority, but I would honestly prefer that to the Big 5. There is just so much that could be done with a reserve based on Africa that I wish it could be considered. I would be willing to bet it would be a great way to expand weapons and equipment sales for the game as well.
DOGGRIPSLLC
Tracker

Post by DOGGRIPSLLC »

I too dream of africa and let them know it when I took the survey. I dont buy the endangered species thing. Its a game its not real. If thats the only thing holding them back. why not take small percentage (very small) of everything sold (Guns , Ammo , Calls , scents ,) anything tied to africa and donate it to some reputable endangered african animals organization. Then brag about it on every social and news media. Then how could anyone gripe about us laying waste to all these african cartoon animals. OHHH Yeah!! lion elephant rhino hippo. damm giraffes I dont care. Nothings safe
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

They could also implement a tranquilizer gun for those who do not wish to kill endangered species which is what I would have wanted when they made polar bear huntable that way africa could easily be done had a friend that went to hunt the big 5 like that few years ago.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

I gave an official answer regarding Africa in the last Ask Us Anything. Nothing has changed since I wrote that.
Q: Will we ever see Africa? Is there a reason why it hasn't been implemented yet? It's easily one of the most popular selections in the polls and would provide tons of really great realistic hunting opportunities.

Africa has been discussed for years and years and has been (almost) brought into the roadmap a couple of times. There are a lot of reasons why it hasn’t happened yet, one of them is because it’s a huge risk production-wise for such a small team as ours, it would take a hell lot of development time and resources. It’s not cheap to develop a game. Then there is an ethical aspect which is one of our main pillars in theHunter Classic that we treat extremely seriously, and we won’t be adding Africa until we feel that our game design in that respect is 100% bulletproof.
I don’t want to rule out the possibility of Africa completely though. It might happen one day but there are a lot of question marks that we would need to tackle first.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”