Game Update 26th April 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game Update 26th April 2017

Post by stancomputerhunter »

First time hunting in WRR in a while and right away got a CALL from a Dall Ram..my first harvest. Is there a reason that Bighorn are silent in this game. They are sheep, just like the Dalls. Just like the Feral Goats that you can see for miles, you give them a call. And now Dall Sheep that you can see for miles, you give them a call. Yet Bighorns are impossible to see, and NO call so we at least know the direction to stalk. Now you have to wait until you hear the sound of hooves, and they could be from as far away as 75 meters. By the time you stalk that distance without ever seeing the animal or its tracks, it's gone. How about a call sound for Bighorns, EW?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:First time hunting in WRR in a while and right away got a CALL from a Dall Ram..my first harvest. Is there a reason that Bighorn are silent in this game. They are sheep, just like the Dalls. Just like the Feral Goats that you can see for miles, you give them a call. And now Dall Sheep that you can see for miles, you give them a call. Yet Bighorns are impossible to see, and NO call so we at least know the direction to stalk. Now you have to wait until you hear the sound of hooves, and they could be from as far away as 75 meters. By the time you stalk that distance without ever seeing the animal or its tracks, it's gone. How about a call sound for Bighorns, EW?
That was my first reaction when I heard a call from the Dall -- :lol:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Pittie wrote:Dear Alena,

nice sheep, but please don't forget the slow inventar/map load bug. I can't play BRR, TGT and WRR after the TTG release.
Please look the video here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 13#p854813

Thank you
No news on this one, sorry. We are investigating it but are not able to pinpoint the issue so far, sorry about it. We will continue digging into it.
gas56 wrote:Nice Dahl Sheep.... although I would have liked to see them have come out in the late fall or winter, especially now since it's springtime and that's a winter map.
We thought it would be a good opportunity to give you a chance to cool down a bit, provided it's hotter where you are than it's in Stockholm (did I say snow?) :evil:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Game Update 26th April 2017

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Quick question, has anybody come across any female Dall Sheep? In two hunts for them, myself and a friend have only seen males, even in a small herd of 3-4. Friend killed a very small one that we both thought on sight was a female, but turned out to be a male as well. Is there something wrong here or am I just getting extremely lucky in only getting males?
And by the way, I really like that the males do fight, saw a couple duking it out. However, there is no sound when they fight. Should probably be looked at.
ArcheriusRott
Tracker

Post by ArcheriusRott »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Quick question, has anybody come across any female Dall Sheep? In two hunts for them, myself and a friend have only seen males, even in a small herd of 3-4. Friend killed a very small one that we both thought on sight was a female, but turned out to be a male as well. Is there something wrong here or am I just getting extremely lucky in only getting males?
I have gotten mostly females. They are definitely out there.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Quick question, has anybody come across any female Dall Sheep? In two hunts for them, myself and a friend have only seen males, even in a small herd of 3-4. Friend killed a very small one that we both thought on sight was a female, but turned out to be a male as well. Is there something wrong here or am I just getting extremely lucky in only getting males?
And by the way, I really like that the males do fight, saw a couple duking it out. However, there is no sound when they fight. Should probably be looked at.
I tested them out for a 20 minute quick hunt yesterday and got 4 females,...
didn't see no males & tracks either.
Probably luck of the draw.............. :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
gas56 wrote:Nice Dall Sheep.... although I would have liked to see them have come out in the late fall or winter, especially now since it's springtime and that's a winter map.
We thought it would be a good opportunity to give you a chance to cool down a bit, provided it's hotter where you are than it's in Stockholm (did I say snow?) :evil:
I'll keep the early spring,.. everything is blooming here already in Ohio...... :D
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I had a lot of FUN shooting these new Dall Sheep yesterday and they look GREAT!!! Thanks EW! Shot about 15 Sheep including one DANDY Ram that Scored about 195. he he

Wetland :D
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

So just like your real life, it was a sausage fest? :lol:.....(not that there's anything wrong with that.) :P
Personal Bests...
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Anyone else experiencing "body hits" without even showing the impact when it absolutely should be vital hits? (Please spare me any comments about aiming, it's just unnecessary).

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”