The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 13th April 2017

Post by JimboCrow »

Ravenousfox wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Please not another goat/sheep. :roll:
What would you suggest for all those empty mountains in WRR?
I don't care for WRR.
I'd rather more deer being added then just boring goat and sheep, nothing thrilling or exciting about hunting them.
When was the last time a deer got added to the game anyway? feels like forever.
I was hoping the new animal would be Sambar or Fallow deer. (I don't care what map)
WRR easily has plenty of room for another species on top of those huge mountains. Obviously it can't be Fallow or Sambar deer, but I'm not quite sure what you meant, that you don't care whether or not WRR gets another species, or that you just don't like WRR? I'm definitely excited about seeing bright white Dall's sheep scattered across all those beautiful wide open and uninhabitable moonscapes, it seems like a cracker jack idea to me, especially if they have the unbelievable eyesight of their real life counterparts. I can't wait to hunt them in a blizzard, so I can get close enough.

And if it's a reskin, so what? They all are. It's the environment, their behavior, and how I choose to hunt them that determines my enjoyment. We now have 3 species of goat/sheep, and soon we'll have 4. We have 10 species of deer. Exactly which deer species is tougher, or more exciting to hunt with a bow than the Ibex, Bighorn or Feral Goat, none of which have a caller? To me that's at least somewhat thrilling. (The last time a deer species was introduced to Classic was the Rocky Mountain Elk.)

So let me ask you this, if it doesn't matter which map, does it matter which game, because COTW certainly has Fallow deer?
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

JimboCrow wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:
JimboCrow wrote: What would you suggest for all those empty mountains in WRR?
I don't care for WRR.
I'd rather more deer being added then just boring goat and sheep, nothing thrilling or exciting about hunting them.
When was the last time a deer got added to the game anyway? feels like forever.
I was hoping the new animal would be Sambar or Fallow deer. (I don't care what map)
WRR easily has plenty of room for another species on top of those huge mountains. Obviously it can't be Fallow or Sambar deer, but I'm not quite sure what you meant, that you don't care whether or not WRR gets another species, or that you just don't like WRR? I'm definitely excited about seeing bright white Dall's sheep scattered across all those beautiful wide open and uninhabitable moonscapes, it seems like a cracker jack idea to me, especially if they have the unbelievable eyesight of their real life counterparts. I can't wait to hunt them in a blizzard, so I can get close enough.

And if it's a reskin, so what? They all are. It's the environment, their behavior, and how I choose to hunt them that determines my enjoyment. We now have 3 species of goat/sheep, and soon we'll have 4. We have 10 species of deer. Exactly which deer species is tougher, or more exciting to hunt with a bow than the Ibex, Bighorn or Feral Goat, none of which have a caller? To me that's at least somewhat thrilling. (The last time a deer species was introduced to Classic was the Rocky Mountain Elk.)

So let me ask you this, if it doesn't matter which map, does it matter which game, because COTW certainly has Fallow deer?
I don't care what is added to WRR or what happens to it, that map is built for running simulator and that's not my kind of play style I like in a hunting game.
My favorite map today is still WHI their very first map they've made because it balances the gameplay just right for hunting IMO.

I was just hoping for more of a thrilling animal to hunt rather than another goat/sheep I find them really dull to hunt and stalk, there's no rewarding feeling to shooting them.
A trophy goat to me is just the same as a baby goat. :|
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Ravenousfox, am just curious here, but what would you define as a thrilling animal to hunt? Or rather, what scenario would you look for?
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Ravenousfox, am just curious here, but what would you define as a thrilling animal to hunt? Or rather, what scenario would you look for?
Something that's majestic like an Elk.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Ravenousfox wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Ravenousfox, am just curious here, but what would you define as a thrilling animal to hunt? Or rather, what scenario would you look for?
Oh ok, so the thrill for you is something large with large antlers/horns, varying sizes. I gotcha. You'd be happier with say, Axis Deer on BRR, Fallow Deer in Hirsch ( I am on board with both for sure).
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

They have Rusa deer in Australia, that would be fun to hunt. They're kind of like elk.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:
Oh ok, so the thrill for you is something large with large antlers/horns, varying sizes. I gotcha. You'd be happier with say, Axis Deer on BRR, Fallow Deer in Hirsch ( I am on board with both for sure).
For the record, I would like to see both of those as well, of course, absolutely.

But to say a Bighorn ram is not as majestic as an Elk bull?..., well..., no. :| I grew up in the shadow of the Rockies, and both species are, quite simply, revered.

And the Ibex? Not majestic? Seriously? What are you, a communist? ;) As for Feral goats, I have since discovered a new and very real appreciation for their many horn variations, shapes and sizes. I just don't know what you're talking about.

I have been asking for Dall's Sheep since the day WRR was announced. I'm sorry you don't feel the way I do.
Ash1302
Scout

Post by Ash1302 »

Ravenousfox wrote:Something that's majestic like an Elk.
Axis, Rusa, Fallow, Sambar, I can't wait to see them too but to be fair on the decision of Dall Sheep on WRR, it brings some balance between the animals currently there, takes advantage of those empty mountains and the Bighorn model, adds variety and trophy horns are exciting too!

The devs are focusing on improvement rather than new content at present if I'm correct, in the meantime we get the Dall Sheep, smart decision IMHO.

Of course, patiently waiting for what comes next as well, hopefully our beloved trophy deer on new maps.

I have to point out that it's a shame Caribou could not be added to WRR, having them with behaviour like Elk on the map would be awesome but WRR is still not bad overall.

On the run and gun thing on WRR, I don't like it either but credit to the devs, they gave us magnificent TGT afterwards, and now I can only hope it won't happen again. I just consider WRR as a "different" hunting experience in the game, it works, for me at least.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

At least we will be able to SEE Dall Sheep in the mountains of WRR. They are all but invisible in the scrub trees, long grass, behind rocks, and on slopes that are so steep, when you take a look with binoculars, the distance goes from 50 meters to 250 meters in an inch of movement, on TGT.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

stancomputerhunter wrote:At least we will be able to SEE Dall Sheep in the mountains of WRR. They are all but invisible in the scrub trees, long grass, behind rocks, and on slopes that are so steep, when you take a look with binoculars, the distance goes from 50 meters to 250 meters in an inch of movement, on TGT.
Stan, I'm starting to think that TGT just isn't your favorite reserve anymore, and that Bighorns aren't you're favorite animal. I'm getting a real bad vibe, kind of like it's a "Radamus v. ptarmigan" sort of thingy. "stanc. v. TGT" or "stanc. v. bighorn." Maybe you should have a little chat with Tann. I think he's gotten Radamus' "ptarmigan rage" under control, or at least I think he's able to hunt on Hemm, VDB, or TGT without having to buy a new keyboard every time.... :? ;) :D :lol:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”