Status Update 7th April 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 7th April 2017

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Unfortunate that we have to say goodbye again but best wishes to David and shorty.

Not sure about the new animal Maybe wolves or a Goat/sheep species.
I do wonder though about Caribou. Surely a spawn in the North and a South West migration would work, taking them off the map along the Southwestern boundary.
It would have to be the only option as any other way would have them leaving like Lemmings and jumping into the Sea.

Lemmings, now there's a thought.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
GameDinnah

Post by GameDinnah »

WRR new species wishlist, in order - Wolverine, Walrus, Musk Ox, Arctic Wolf.
Stella94
Tracker

Post by Stella94 »

Oh, ok. Yeah that makes sense. I figured it was just a misunderstanding on my end. Musk ox and wolverine would look nice on the reserve too, tho i would really like to see the arctic wolves. I kinda feel walrus and seals are a bit of a stretch, but would be amazing to try and hunt.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Good bye, David! Good bye, little Richard ( ;))! Best of luck in all your future endeavors!

About new Alaskan animal:
- Caribou would be nice, but large open areas in WRR are already "crowded" by bison and moose. So, my bet goes to something to populate mountain areas: Dall Sheep or Mountain Goat. But we already have 2 goats and only one sheep, so 80% Dall Sheep, 20% Mountain Goat.
- People, arctic wolf again?! THEY ARE NOT LIVING IN ALASKA! So, forget about it!

:arrow: DanthemanBoone: Lemmings?! Ok, try here! :P
Spoiler:

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this status update, new animal is coming... cool !!!
Goodbye to David and shorty, thanks for thejob done and best wishes for your future.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JackRbbt wrote:- People, arctic wolf again?! THEY ARE NOT LIVING IN ALASKA! So, forget about it!
Who wants them to live in Alaska? I want them to live in Whiterime Ridge. Ever seen brown bears in the French Alps - nowadays? ;)
Image Image Image
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:- People, arctic wolf again?! THEY ARE NOT LIVING IN ALASKA! So, forget about it!
Who wants them to live in Alaska? I want them to live in Whiterime Ridge. Ever seen brown bears in the French Alps - nowadays? ;)
Well, brown bear may not be in French Alps, but they are in Italian Alps (200-300 kilometers away, on the opposite side of the mountains). But between Alaska and Arctic Wolf habitat are around 4500 kilometers! So, your argument does not hold water, Marc!
Spoiler:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JackRbbt wrote:Well, brown bear may not be in French Alps, but they are in Italian Alps (200-300 kilometers away, on the opposite side of the mountains). But between Alaska and Arctic Wolf habitat are around 4500 kilometers! So, your argument does not hold water, Marc!
You're right, my mistake. Since WRR is a subarctic reserve, it would have to be grey wolves which isn't a new species at all. So more Caprinae? :)
Image Image Image
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

JackRbbt wrote:
:arrow: DanthemanBoone: Lemmings?! Ok, try here! :P
Lemmings could be a bit like wingshooting. Just stand at the bottom of a cliff and pop them as they jump off :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:Well, brown bear may not be in French Alps, but they are in Italian Alps (200-300 kilometers away, on the opposite side of the mountains). But between Alaska and Arctic Wolf habitat are around 4500 kilometers! So, your argument does not hold water, Marc!
You're right, my mistake. Since WRR is a subarctic reserve, it would have to be grey wolves which isn't a new species at all. So more Caprinae? :)
Grey Wolf it's a totally different story! Yes, Alaska holds largest Grey Wolf population in North America. ;)
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”