Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Status & Game Updates 30 March 2017 - Baiting overhaul

Post by caledonianblues »

DHRifleman wrote:I am happy my suggestion was deemed as a viable compromise, but would like the minimum radius to be 10 or 15 meters instead of 0. This would allow the possibility of getting a second bear if the first was far enough away and dropped on the spot.
I will pass this suggestion to the game designer, thanks.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Thanks
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

DHRifleman wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:
DarkLord wrote:This is not a bad compromise, but I fail to see how it will fix the problem of animals coming back. Spooked animals will still run about 200m from the bait site and not be attracted to anything for about 25 mins after.

Why should a spooked animal come back to the location it was spooked from?
Isn't baiting really designed for close in hunting.
Because it's a bait site and there is food there? For game balance reasons? To justify the cost of maintaining the bait site? I could think of lots of reasons.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Ok. so disregarding then the wrong concept of a penalty distance it would now appear from logic that with only a 150m ATTRACTION radius that the goat feeders are innefective on animals out past that distance.
Therefore sitting in a tower or any stand with a max render view and no feeder, should give the same returns as having a feeder, because no extra animals are going to come into render range. The Feeder has no effect until they are inside the 150m Attraction range.
You will be seeing the same number of animals between 150m and render, without a feeder, before they are attracted.

Maybe an increase in attraction range for goats needs to be considered in the review.
The advantage of a feeder is that animals will stick around for a while, so when you arrive, your chances of seeing goats is a bit better. But I agree with you that having a feeder in an area that offers many open vistas doesn't have that much of an advantage. Baiting makes more sense on a clearing in an otherwise rather dense forest area. (This has probably been different while you could still camp at a feeder and the animals were always coming back)
Image Image Image
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

testing my goat feeders last night have a tower 80m from feeder got there didn't spook any had 3 goats sat in tower for bit over 1hr no more goats came in and the 3 that were there at start never left is this how they are meant to work they seem like bear baits get sum spawn at bait then nothing else is attracted
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I counted nine goats on my first visit to my newest feeder today, which I placed in an area that I had passed through several times before always finding tracks but only the odd goat here or there. I killed three at the feeder and just missed a fourth, which I picked off on my way after the others. I killed three more as I tracked them until they came into view. If this is a regular occurrence, my money is well spent. I have two other mineral feeders on BRR, one has been very lucrative and has supplied several nice goats including the current leaderboard topper, but so far the other one is a complete dud. I'm going to move it somewhere else. I will buy a fourth when it becomes useable.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I've had a change of mind with the feeder system and think the Feral goats should not even flee over 100 M as IRL and should return to the feeder after
a 5 min. penalty, so that every goat on the map should be shot and got ridden of, and make the attraction range out to 1000M. Because let's face it,..
BR is a big place and there is no such thing as a trophy Feral Goat....... :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I guess there ain't a status update for t'day. How come? :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

BCKidd wrote:I guess there ain't a status update for t'day. How come? :? Peace.

BCKidd.
It's coming tomorrow :)
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Let's see how this next updates goes. Another full game installation on my expensive limited mobile broadband, and i think i am done. On the bright side, my excessive spending ingame is over for good after all the latest changes.

Cheers.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”