Status Update 24th March 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Status Update 24th March 2017

Post by stancomputerhunter »

caledonianblues wrote:Being able to fill feeders from the website is in the pipeline. It will almost certainly be a premium feature but I have no idea what it will cost or how it will be monetized.
That is great news. Shorten that pipeline EW! :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

caledonianblues wrote:Being able to fill feeders from the website is in the pipeline. It will almost certainly be a premium feature but I have no idea what it will cost or how it will be monetized.

why should there be a fee for using this feature ? it seems to me that it would increase the sells of the bait because of the ease of refilling the feeder. why should a person pay twice to be able to lure animals ?
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

outrider wrote:why should there be a fee for using this feature ? it seems to me that it would increase the sells of the bait because of the ease of refilling the feeder. why should a person pay twice to be able to lure animals ?
It seems to me we are already paying twice...purchase the feeder, and the bait.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

outrider wrote:

why should there be a fee for using this feature ? it seems to me that it would increase the sells of the bait because of the ease of refilling the feeder. why should a person pay twice to be able to lure animals ?
I am sure since they made bait buyable with gm$ that can be earned doing missions, they feel it doesn't cost the player to get bait, so making it easier to fill them can be charged for.

I would rather they did away with the gm$ awarded for missions, and instead awarded em$ comparable to the gm$ purchasing power now for missions. Then made refilling a free service, and other gm$ purchasable consumables em$ only.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

well however it should or shouldn't work, Alena made it clear when i said the same thing about the trophy shot poses. i personal dont like it but to be fair she gave a pretty good explanation as to what will be charged for as a feature and what wont, and that the game will be getting better not bigger. that much transparency is fair play from a game developer. It gave me a clearer idea of what to expect from future content. in a nutshell , revamped or overhauled is free, added or expanded we shall be paying (indirectly via membership fees for reserves and species).

for anyone interested this is the Alenas post from early February i think

"I've decided to take your post to express my position on this matter, but I will try to address not only yours sentiments but also similar ones of other people.

I get what you are coming from, "pure" features is not something we monetized a lot in the past as opposed to "pure" content, such as weapons, or equipment, or similar in-game items, and I understand that someone's first reaction to this could be surprise and yes, maybe even disappointment. There are two things I would like you to ask you to consider:

1) Why introduce paid features? After 7 years of live operations and constant stream of new and half-new content I am feeling that theHunter Classic has a quite sufficient amount of that, to put it mildly. And I think that the community shares my opinion on that one. Sure, we can always introduce new rifle, or a shotgun, or a piece of equipment, but: a) it's getting more and more difficult to come up with something that would be exciting enough; b) players who have everything are not that keen on buying their n-th rifle, and that's understandable. But we, as a company, still need to make money, every day and every month, for the ship to stay afloat. Salaries, servers and other company bills need to be paid. Otherwise theHunter Classic will seize to exist. When I said in one of the status updates that we are looking for the game to grow deeper, not wider, I meant that, as I feel that this is the only way for us to stay relevant and interesting for our community. But while we are doing it and in order to be able to afford doing it, we still need to produce a constant revenue stream, that's why we are looking into new premium features that would be interesting enough for players to invest money into using them as opposed to owning their 20th rifle.

2) What should cost money? Now to the point what is the meat on the bones (I liked your metaphor) and what should cost money. New reload animations, revamping bears or polishing deer animations is the meat on the bones, and this will never cost extra money. When we release a new animal or a new reserve, this never costs extra, in fact your membership didn't increase in price for many years, so you are now getting access to 10 reserves with 37 animals for the same price as when theHunter had half of that. This is meat on the bones and this is what our membership is about. When we bring out premium features - something you DO NOT need to play and enjoy game, something hat doesn't have a significant impact on the gameplay, something that serves as a little extra for those who care enough, this is what we feel should be available to be purchased. Think of it as a bit of fat on the meat on the bones - it makes it tastier and juicer, but it's not a must to enjoy the meat. Some people don't even like fat ;) Premium poses for your character to make your trophy shots more aesthetically pleasing - one of such examples, because you still have old basic functionality which works well (as we read above, some people think that the existing functionality is better than poses); filling barrels from the web / launcher, if we were to introduce those - same, because you do not need to use the feature to achieve the same result in game, it's a matter of convenience and saving time; overhauling the harvest screen and other game UI, improving the baiting system, adding new animals, reserves, events, competitions etc. - not the same, and we are offering this at no additional cost.

Thank you."
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Trophy poses are 100% cosmetic just like a premium weapon, and filling feeders from the launcher is a game mechanism that will allow a player to use what they bought and earned much more efficiently. Not really in the same category, and shouldn't be treated as such. It is more in line with fast traveling with camping supplies, and that really isn't monetizing it since they can be bought with gm$.

Personally if it is a nominal one time fee it isn't that big of a deal, but if it is a pay per use with em$, it better be very cheap or it will end up being wasted time creating the feature.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

like the original trophy shot the manual filling of bait barrels works perfectly well.
That is why filling from the website could Qualify as a premium service.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
outrider wrote:why should there be a fee for using this feature ? it seems to me that it would increase the sells of the bait because of the ease of refilling the feeder. why should a person pay twice to be able to lure animals ?
It seems to me we are already paying twice...purchase the feeder, and the bait.

OK, paying three (3) times (if you want to nit-pick. :lol: ) to lure animals........and lately, the bear haven't been responding well, so i feel i'm wasting my money on bait that seems to evaporate in to the air with only minimal results (75% attraction and only a couple of bears around- :( ) on attracting animals. but, that's what i get on my single player hunts. and some people may get different results on the same map in their hunts..
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

TBH If I think about it, I am happy with it. I've been saying for years I want the features we have padded out and I want overhauled species not new ones. So I suppose I'd rather pay again and have a much deeper experience hit I gwhat I already like than have a vast array of gameplay mechanics and species that are paper thin
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Cant be true... I pay for feeder which is not working for over half year and now i have to pay again just for your new feature? Maybe just keep working on feeder and than start talking about more payment - Just be careful that it was not unnecessary waste of time and Players prefer to save money. I think this feature how to be membership feature not premium (what is premium btw?).

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”