Game Update 22nd March 2017 - Feral Goats

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Wetland
Outfitter

Re: Game Update 22nd March 2017 - Feral Goats

Post by Wetland »

Love the new Feral Goats on BR! THANKS EW!!!

Wetland :D
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Alena Rybik wrote:We have icons but we don't have code support to display them. Our plan is to add it in the future, so all the common ones have unique icons. No ETA thought right now.
Why not just make them fur variations as has been suggested already? Like with the black or brown bears where fur variations are shown as special icons and named in the score sheet.
Image Image Image
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Better yet, why not fix the launcher... :P :P :x Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

L3M182 wrote:I like that the goats are a bit skittish makes them a challenge. Besides it's gona get easier if your striggeling. It's confirmed they're getting a lure
We don't need a lure for goats. You can see them everywhere in BRR, and they have a call that registers on the HM. We need a way to discover Bighorns. No call that registers on the HM. No sounds except hooves that are either below you where you can't see them, or above you where you can't see them, or they are in the scrubby trees where you can't see them. Don't even know they are there until you spook them. Then you hear them just fine. Running away. But you can't track them in the long grass.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

BCKidd wrote:Better yet, why not fix the launcher... :P :P :x Peace.

BCKidd.
Because it's easier said than done. Our patching system is very complicated and different programmers have already spent weeks of full time work trying to get to the bottom of the problem. We are not giving up and are committed to fixing it, but it is not a piece of cake and is taking time.
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Why not just make them fur variations as has been suggested already? Like with the black or brown bears where fur variations are shown as special icons and named in the score sheet.
Hunting Feral Goats should be like a box of chocolates. We should never know what we're gonna get :D
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Alena Rybik wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Better yet, why not fix the launcher... :P :P :x Peace.

BCKidd.
Because it's easier said than done. Our patching system is very complicated and different programmers have already spent weeks of full time work trying to get to the bottom of the problem. We are not giving up and are committed to fixing it, but it is not a piece of cake and is taking time.
Yeah, I know. I'm glad that at least it is being looked at, and the programmers are doin' their best. I jus' hope that there won't be another game update b'fore April 2. I jus' had my service provider boost my data up, and have now a lil' over 5 gbs that I can use before April 2, after that I'll have 30-Gbs as the data gets reset every month. SO... no more patches 'til then, a'ight! I joke of course, one lil' fella like me can't stop EW from makin' patches- I can hope tho' that there won't be any needed. :lol: :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
LostBullet
Spotter

Post by LostBullet »

Villkatta wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:I shot one today at 9.78m :mrgreen:
ChooglinAlex wrote:I have a competition for you all: who can get closer? :lol: (Bows required)
Well done both of you!
My point exactly, it's not impossible at all, only a challenge.
no one said that isn´t impossible to kill a feral goat at close range... i´d kill...the problem is that 99% is that thye see you before that you see them and they scare all the rest animals... i dont like to be on the top of a mountain for long time just to look for a kill...and i dont have the "luck" to play 15 or 30 minutes and kill the top one.... i like to move.... and if they are like this... why just put all the rest on all maps...and you see what u get. :evil:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
L3M182 wrote:I like that the goats are a bit skittish makes them a challenge. Besides it's gona get easier if your striggeling. It's confirmed they're getting a lure
We don't need a lure for goats. You can see them everywhere in BRR, and they have a call that registers on the HM. We need a way to discover Bighorns. No call that registers on the HM. No sounds except hooves that are either below you where you can't see them, or above you where you can't see them, or they are in the scrubby trees where you can't see them. Don't even know they are there until you spook them. Then you hear them just fine. Running away. But you can't track them in the long grass.

I haven't hunted big horns a great deal but when I did yeah it's hard to find tracks but I just took it as part of the parcel of hunting them. Trick I found was to try to keep above them and when not on a trail head for high ground. Regardless I'm sure the tracking issue will get fixed eventually. It's clearly not as intended as the track are sometimes damn near invisible, but for nownim just accepting and enjoying the added difficulty as i personally want the game more difficult without putting myself at a disadvantage by restricting myself to limited gear
ChooglinAlex

Post by ChooglinAlex »

xOEDragonx wrote:
kahuamp wrote:I hope there will still be some variety in coloring. Seeing only black, white, or brown all the time, would really put me off hunting them.
Why not leaving them the way they are, and design other models that would be called "rare"....
This. While the piebalds and greys are supposed to be "rares", I consider those to be very normal and commonly occurring colors in real life goats. My favorite part of hunting these new goats is their variety, and I don't just mean the horns. Making the current "rares" truly rare would really limit the color palette of the new goats. If anything, I'd really like to see the current colors remain fairly common in the game (less common than the solid colors would be fine, they could be treated as less common variations, like blonde grizzlies) and have a couple actual rare rares, such as true albinos. But maybe that's just me.

Have to agree to the others. Tweaking down certain fur variations would be a step backwards when it comes to the variety those new goates are advertised with. Please leave them as they are, seeing so many different types makes hunting them a unique and entertainng experience. Don't take that away...

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”