Game Update 22nd March 2017 - Feral Goats

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: Game Update 22nd March 2017 - Feral Goats

Post by Villkatta »

Alena Rybik wrote:We are releasing a small patch today fixing the non-exisiting melanistic goats (they are supposed to be common blacks).
And once again I got an error message: "An error occured [launcher_error_31] and now I have to download the full game (4.44GB) again.
Oddly my launcher version is back to v806 v0, although it read v806 v2017032203 after the first goat patch(which also triggered a full download).

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

kahuamp wrote:I hope there will still be some variety in coloring. Seeing only black, white, or brown all the time, would really put me off hunting them.
Why not leaving them the way they are, and design other models that would be called "rare"....
This. While the piebalds and greys are supposed to be "rares", I consider those to be very normal and commonly occurring colors in real life goats. My favorite part of hunting these new goats is their variety, and I don't just mean the horns. Making the current "rares" truly rare would really limit the color palette of the new goats. If anything, I'd really like to see the current colors remain fairly common in the game (less common than the solid colors would be fine, they could be treated as less common variations, like blonde grizzlies) and have a couple actual rare rares, such as true albinos. But maybe that's just me.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

xOEDragonx wrote:This. While the piebalds and greys are supposed to be "rares", I consider those to be very normal and commonly occurring colors in real life goats. My favorite part of hunting these new goats is their variety, and I don't just mean the horns. Making the current "rares" truly rare would really limit the color palette of the new goats. If anything, I'd really like to see the current colors remain fairly common in the game (less common than the solid colors would be fine, they could be treated as less common variations, like blonde grizzlies) and have a couple actual rare rares, such as true albinos. But maybe that's just me.
Agree! Don't make them really rare, just treat them like the color variations of the bears which are also mentioned in the score sheet.
Image Image Image
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

HooCairs wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:We are releasing a small patch today fixing the non-exisiting melanistic goats (they are supposed to be common blacks).
Alena, there are multiple problems with the furs.
- Brown piebald, black piebald and gray occur very often. They are all considered rares.
- White goats appear as brown in the hunt history.
- Black goats appear as melanistic AND lack the icon in the hunt history.
The patch has addressed #3. #2 - it's always the case for common textures when we have more than one - the default one displays (eg. wolves). #1 - they are supposed to be more frequent as deer piebald for example, but we might tweak down their % next week.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Alena Rybik wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Alena, there are multiple problems with the furs.
- Brown piebald, black piebald and gray occur very often. They are all considered rares.
#2 - it's always the case for common textures when we have more than one - the default one displays (eg. wolves).
Fair enough, but I thought you would show black and white goats (like golden brown bears) since you specifically made icons for them. If you always show them as brown we might as well remove the icons from the Wiki. ;)
http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_ ... Feral_Goat
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

HooCairs wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
HooCairs wrote: Alena, there are multiple problems with the furs.
#2 - it's always the case for common textures when we have more than one - the default one displays (eg. wolves).
Fair enough, but I thought you would show black and white goats (like golden brown bears) since you specifically made icons for them. If you always show them as brown we might as well remove the icons from the Wiki. ;)
http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_ ... Feral_Goat
We have icons but we don't have code support to display them. Our plan is to add it in the future, so all the common ones have unique icons. No ETA thought right now.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Ok, thanks for clarification. Of course we will keep the pretty icons in the Wiki. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

First impressions are really good.
I don't think they are too skittish. Sneaking up on a nervous one worked pretty well yesterday.
They like to trott a lot though which makes them a challange as well.
I would like the variety of colours to stay as they are maybe the piebalds should be considered fur variations and not rares then.
Anyway it's a good add to the game.
Thanks team.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Villkatta wrote:
And once again I got an error message: "An error occured [launcher_error_31] and now I have to download the full game (4.44GB) again.
Oddly my launcher version is back to v806 v0, although it read v806 v2017032203 after the first goat patch(which also triggered a full download).
Yep. me too, didn't we just have a fulldwnld yesterday. My data has now been maxed out and won't be back to zero Gbs until April 2nd. I'm done with any comps now, includin' my own. What a drag. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Thank you for the goats. They are a nice addition for sure, for sure. The variety is especially pleasing, and they are a blast to hunt. BRR is a much better place. Hats off!!!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”