Introducing the new Hunter Score

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caribcanuk

Re: Introducing the new Hunter Score

Post by caribcanuk »

There are more than one post where its claimed that if you bought the reskin purely for hs you deserve to lose the points. Which I disagree with as they clearly used the reskins as they were originally marketed. I lost a few pts prior to them changing from 500 to 1000 , Am pretty much back to were I started. My personal believe is that marketing something as a tool to increase your hs without have to fo thru the time to build up its skills then to take away what players earned by doing simply what the rskin was advertised to do I feel is wrong. I was attacking your post just simply agreeing that intent can be hard to establish simply from words.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

caribcanuk wrote:Hmmmmm What exactly are you trying to insinuate with this comment.
DHRifleman wrote:Maybe now they will buy the standard non owned weapons and try to gain points with them.
Sounds like you inferring players who did buy the reskins somehow did something wrong. Well try again most who bought the reskins did so cause they already owned the standard weapons. Seems like the general idea here is buying reskins which were very clearly advertised as sharing the skill set of the original weapon and had a separate achievement that counted to your hs. Please explain how using the weapon in the advertised manner is an exploit or wrong and those who bought them and used them as advertised in the store page somehow deserve to be punished.
Once again you are reading too much into what was said & jumping to conclusions.

If you read the whole post, he means, "Maybe now they will buy the standard weapons [for the rank/weapon groups they still need to work on] and try to gain points with them."

He's not suggesting anyone did it wrong or exploited anything. No one had any idea that a change was coming & what it would be.

Yes, tying HS to weapons is a way for EW to make money. Many people didn't like that they had to by multiple copies of the same weapon, so EW compromised. Now instead of 71 weapons, you only need to own 47... IF ...you want to max out your HS. So now the system is BETTER for players, and not as good (but acceptable) for EW.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
caribcanuk

Post by caribcanuk »

Ok so EW compromised as you state. But that compromise maybe acceptable to EW. but what about to player that purchased the reskins under the pretense that they were needed for max hunterscore. Just what is EW offering them , Under the new system they have thrown away their money of weapons now deemed to be useless with no real value other than cosmetic. Which is clearly not what the weapons were advertised at the time of purchase nor was it written that that could change anywhere on the store page. So it seems it big thank you for you money suckers. Ew should offer those that did purchase the reskins atleast something for the drastic change and not merely this too bad that's life attitude that their getting now. After all they bought them on good faith in EW , which EW has now shown to be unwarranted. And if having to buy 74 weapons to get max hs , I sincerely hope EW keeps their word on making the less of a grind and more fair by removing the muiltitude of missions that require very specific weapons. After all if having to buy weapons to achieve max hs is unfair, so is having to buy weapons to complete missions . Why was that never addressed?
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

caribcanuk wrote:Hmmmmm What exactly are you trying to insinuate with this comment. Maybe now they will buy the standard non owned weapons and try to gain points with them.
Sounds like you inferring players who did buy the reskins somehow did something wrong. Well try again most who bought the reskins did so cause they already owned the standard weapons. Seems like the general idea here is buying reskins which were very clearly advertised as sharing the skill set of the original weapon and had a separate achievement that counted to your hs. Please explain how using the weapon in the advertised manner is an exploit or wrong and those who bought them and used them as advertised in the store page somehow deserve to be punished.
I wasn't insinuating anything, I was saying that since buying re-skins do nothing to advance HS, those that still want to chase the HS may buy weapons that will advance that score.

I also said that since it doesn't require leveling up a re-skin, and the shotguns can be used for ducks and geese it is the logical choice to go that route to gain HS instead of using a tougher weapon, and starting the leveling from scratch. I didn't say it was wrong to do this, and if I thought HS had any value, I would do the same.

My personal opinion is that HS has always been, and still has nothing to do with playing a hunting game, but more to do with gaming the system used to earn those points.
If you are in the HS race, you are best off to do what ever is the easiest, and fastest way to earn those points. For animals that means not being choosy, and harvesting the females and low scoring ones since they are the easiest. Also ducks and geese could be gotten faster, and could earn more points overall. For weapons it would be using re-skins, since you circumvent the leveling up process.

At 1000 for weapons, and 4000 for ducks, your fastest way to level up and get the most bang for your buck would be 4 re-skinned SG's to get the 4000 ducks.

If you like competing for HS those were the smart things to do, and I am sure what has been done. It doesn't make it wrong since each of us play the game for entertainment, and derive fun in our own way.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

caribcanuk wrote:Ok so EW compromised as you state. But that compromise maybe acceptable to EW. but what about to player that purchased the reskins under the pretense that they were needed for max hunterscore. Just what is EW offering them , Under the new system they have thrown away their money of weapons now deemed to be useless with no real value other than cosmetic. Which is clearly not what the weapons were advertised at the time of purchase nor was it written that that could change anywhere on the store page. So it seems it big thank you for you money suckers. Ew should offer those that did purchase the reskins atleast something for the drastic change and not merely this too bad that's life attitude that their getting now. After all they bought them on good faith in EW , which EW has now shown to be unwarranted.
Thank you for your support! :)

For you, it looks like you lost 347 harvests with the 12 ga rank (12 ga Primal). That's it. All your other weapons below 1000 so your reskin harvests still count. You can still use your reskins for those ranks. And you can still use them for the achievements. And you can use them for comps & missions. Or you can let them collect dust & take credit for contributing to the development of the game.

Did I really need that conduit bender I bought for one job? No. But it looks cool hanging in my garage, and I'm the only guy on the block that has one! (Aw, aw, aw!)

If it weren't against the rules, I'd offer to buy that Primal shotgun from you just to make you feel better. (I'd give you 300em$ for it. It's used.) ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

caribcanuk wrote:bought the reskinned weapons and used them with the understanding that was clearly posted in the store page that said reskin would share the skills with the parent weapon and have a separate achievement branch that counted towards their hs
I don't have any screenshots that show what the weapon descriptions showed prior to HS 2.0, but to my knowledge those descriptions haven't changed. Here are some examples of how they read:

"Note: All variations of the .45 Long Colt Revolver share the same weapon skill. This means that you do not need to start over when buying a new variation."

All variations of the Snakebite share the same weapon skill. This means that you do not need to start over when buying an additional variation.

Note: All variations of the .22 Semi-Automatic Rifle share the same weapon skill. This means that you do not need to start over when buying a new variation.

There is no mention whatsoever of Achievements or HunterScore. The focus is on skills, and the statements remain as true today as they did before HS 2.0. Was there something else "clearly posted on the store page" that you're referring to?
caribcanuk

Post by caribcanuk »

Your missing the point , the point the being that the reskinned weapons do not have the at time of sale advertised by EW value. EW decided to change their value with no compensation to those who purchased them prior to HS 2.0I have a lot of tools that I rarely use like my Bridgeport vertical mill or southbend lathe but guess what they still work as advertised when the company sold them so does your tubing bender. Reskins do not they were advertising to add to hs , currently under hs 2.0 they do not which makes them no longer equal in value as to when they were originally put up for sale. That's the issue here , Bend over backwards for the new players and guests and stick it too those who actually supported the game . That's the issue no one is addressing here.

Go use the wayback machine be surprised what you find out. Not mention by removing hs pts from achievements which is clearly acknowledged as being active prior to HS 2.0 and no longer ingame any weapons that are grouped no longer hold their same value as before. That value being they added to hs now its a badge whoopee a bit of bling.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

caribcanuk wrote:Go use the wayback machine
In this video, the description of the side by side shotgun does not mention anything about the hunterscore. It does mention the weapons "skill" (2:50 in the video). The video is from 2015 (not my video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP0KOTQNW3w
caribcanuk wrote:Your missing the point , the point the being that the reskinned weapons do not have the at time of sale advertised by EW value.
So in the store there was no false advertisement.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

My .357 and .44 revolvers are no longer good for turkey like it was when I bought it. I received no compensation, and then needed to buy the .22 if I wanted a firearm for turkeys. They did this because of those that wanted "more reality" and to sell the next weapon they created.
The game evolves and changes, and we change with it or not. Many have said EW was just greedy turning out re-skin after re-skin since they could be easily used to increase HS. They change that and some are unhappy about it. That is how it is when trying to please the majority.

As far as
caribcanuk wrote:That value being they added to hs now its a badge whoopee a bit of bling
HS is just a kill counter, and nothing more, and to me means less than a badge. Not a good enough argument.

All those serious HS contenders are still light years ahead of the general players, and in the end will not suffer falling behind in the ranking.

Much ado about nothing.
Last edited by DHRifleman on March 15th, 2017, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
caribcanuk

Post by caribcanuk »

Do the reskins weapons currently count towards hs like they did prior to HS 2.0. If they do not then there is clearly an issue. Its simple when the reskins were sold they counted towards hs that fact is undeniable. Now they no longer count to hs that fact is undeniable. The fact ppl bought the reskins for hs wether written or implied is irrelevant. Fact is there a lot of upset players who now have close to half their weapon overnight made nothing more than eyecandy and they are upset. That can not be ignored. EW bent over backwards for the guests and members and refuses to even acknowledge that a lot of players spent a lot of money on weapons that are suddenly useless as overnight they became nothing more than duplicate weapons and who buys duplicates.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”