Game Patch - 21st March 2012

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Stefan Pettersson
Outfitter

Game Patch - 21st March 2012

Post by Stefan Pettersson »

We just released a small update (we call it a patch) with some fixes and tweaks.

Here are the changes...
  • Improved animal vision performance (the fps drops (however, not related to spooking animals, that is another issue)).
  • Further improvements to animals visual detection that does consider if the player rotates (without movement) or changes stance. Animals vision does now simulate that movements/rotations may be seen with peripheral vision while if the player is standing still the field of view for spotting the player is narrower.
  • Now not possible to enter inventory from trophy shot mode.
  • Fixed so hogs roam and not trot to interests.
  • Fixed so dead turkeys and pheasants cannot call.
sh4m4n
Spotter

Re: Game Patch - 21st March 2012

Post by sh4m4n »

nice nice :)
gazou62600
Outfitter

Post by gazou62600 »

thanks Stefan
mshvildosani
Spotter

Post by mshvildosani »

nice.
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeman »

Nice with the patch, - Thanks.. ;)

BUT... I forgot to alter the fmod before I went out to try out the new weapon and make some pics to a new update to my fansite... It was not the most brilliant idea I had today... :cry:

Now I have to reinstall the game......

I wish of all my heart they could make a option to turn down/off the intromusic... that would make my fan-life alot easyere...

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
PicSoul
Hunter

Post by PicSoul »

Hawkeman wrote:Nice with the patch, - Thanks.. ;)

BUT... I forgot to alter the fmod before I went out to try out the new weapon and make some pics to a new update to my fansite... It was not the most brilliant idea I had today... :cry:

Now I have to reinstall the game......

I wish of all my heart they could make a option to turn down/off the intromusic... that would make my fan-life alot easyere...

Good thing i read your post! I was about to head out also forgetting about altering the Fmod sound file.

I also agree that we need a off or at the very least a volume slider for menu music!
burnfly

Post by burnfly »

Improved animal vision performance (the fps drops (however, not related to spooking animals, that is another issue)).

what is that issue it is very annoying no matter how low i put my graphic i still lag when they get spook and i can run all max pretty smooth when no animal are getting spook what cause that big perfomence lost? physics? or what? is there something i can do to help it a little?
thank
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

I appreciate the fact that the animal vision is, step by step, approaching a more realistic behaviour! Every tweak in that direction will make our hunting more strategical and intuitive! Bravo!
mooseking
Tracker

Post by mooseking »

Stefan Pettersson wrote:Further improvements to animals visual detection that does consider if the player rotates (without movement) or changes stance. Animals vision does now simulate that movements/rotations may be seen with peripheral vision while if the player is standing still the field of view for spotting the player is narrower.
Now this is sweet! Next step would be to make animals notice reload sounds. It would make us carefully think when to reload!

Cheers.
RangerV1
Outfitter

Post by RangerV1 »

Thank you for the status/update!!!

will the ZZZz be fixed? I thought they would show up at 20 in-game minutes left in the expedition and stay there? They show up for a few seconds and disappear. If this was the way it was Suppose to evolve to, I missed the update notice regarding it.

Also, the hogs I haven't heard making any snorts and grunts when trekking near them. When did they lose their natural vocalization? Their footsteps are already hard to hear, but vocals helped cope with that, now they are absent. Was that planned? Because if they have the ability in the future to maul/kill us, I think that they should be heard just as well as the moose and bear are. To give us somewhat of a chance to prepare or escape.

Just a reminder :P
Last edited by RangerV1 on March 22nd, 2012, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”