Buying membership for guest with steam funds?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
crwilson12

Buying membership for guest with steam funds?

Post by crwilson12 »

Hey guys I want to buy a membership for a guest on here and ive tried this before and always had problems, the funds are on my steam account what is the proper steps to buy someone one of the package memberships that include the 3months and a few weapons, Thanks for your time
Rick
crwilson12

Re: Buying membership for guest with steam funds?

Post by crwilson12 »

The few times I have bought these as a gift the recipient wasn't able to collect them and I had to eat the months membership as I already had all the weapons, so I ended up with like 3 years or membership time and 7 of the same weapons lol
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

You can buy gift codes on the website - go to thehunter.com, log in with your account, then click on "Upgrade/Renew", select the membership you want to give to someone and check the "Check to purcase as a gift" box. After paying, you'll find a gift code in your wallet. You can send this code to someone else and that person can redeem it in the "Upgrade/Renew" window.

This does not work on Steam though. You'll have to buy via the website.
Image Image Image
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if this doesnt work on steam already it would be great to get is sorted for stream funds especially as quite a few games now and more to come can earn money from playing and selling items.then people buy others games with the steam funds earned.many people in pubg for eg do this.which has 25 million players playing.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The DLC can be purchased as a gift on Steam. Not all DLCs are available as gifts. I can not understand why.

For example this is available as a gift:

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

ronMctube wrote:if this doesnt work on steam already it would be great to get is sorted for stream funds especially as quite a few games now and more to come can earn money from playing and selling items.then people buy others games with the steam funds earned.many people in pubg for eg do this.which has 25 million players playing.
Would these Steam funds actually be converted to real money for EW? I am thinking no and why for the most part only the hunter gift code are bought through the website
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DHRifleman wrote:Would these Steam funds actually be converted to real money for EW?
I imagine they would most likely be offset against the monthly Steam commission, so it would still equate to real money in the end. Whether sales made using Steam funds are subject to the same deductions as regular Steam sales, is another question. Steam is a great platform for awareness and user acquisition but it carries a pretty steep price tag. I've never really been convinced that it's the optimal solution for this type of game, but I guess it has its advantages.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

caledonianblues wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:Would these Steam funds actually be converted to real money for EW?
I imagine they would most likely be offset against the monthly Steam commission, so it would still equate to real money in the end. Whether sales made using Steam funds are subject to the same deductions as regular Steam sales, is another question. Steam is a great platform for awareness and user acquisition but it carries a pretty steep price tag. I've never really been convinced that it's the optimal solution for this type of game, but I guess it has its advantages.
So even if there is a monetary value it would be reduced based on the commission making it not really worth it for a non steam only game.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:I imagine they would most likely be offset against the monthly Steam commission, so it would still equate to real money in the end. Whether sales made using Steam funds are subject to the same deductions as regular Steam sales, is another question. Steam is a great platform for awareness and user acquisition but it carries a pretty steep price tag. I've never really been convinced that it's the optimal solution for this type of game, but I guess it has its advantages.
So are you saying EW gets more of my money when I buy em$ on the website compared to when I buy it on Steam? Thing is: Steam is much more convenient and I can avoid that poopoo Paymentwall or however it's called - but if EW makes more from website sales, I'll use that again.
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:So are you saying EW gets more of my money when I buy em$ on the website compared to when I buy it on Steam? Thing is: Steam is much more convenient and I can avoid that poopoo Paymentwall or however it's called - but if EW makes more from website sales, I'll use that again.
Absolutely. Steam takes 30% of revenue if I'm not mistaken. Most card processing companies take nowhere near that. Of course with Steam you also get advertising but when an existing member uses Steam to buy things instead of the website, Expansive Worlds absolutely makes less profit on that sale.

As a user you shouldn't feel bad. You're making a choice that's given to you. And it's nowhere near as detrimental as buying retail packs which I'm convinced Expansive Worlds actually loses money on.

Return to “General Chat”