Render Distance

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Render Distance

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Fletchette ... Same as me :P . But if one wants to know how come they can get these huge , long distances , in a mathematical way ,that's why i posted this .
Funny guy ! ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: Fletchette ... Same as me :P . But if one wants to know how come they can get these huge , long distances , in a mathematical way ,that's why i posted this .
Funny guy ! ;)
I know, I was just messing with you.....Interestingly though, you can't actually use the Pythagorean Theorem to calculate the hypotenuse in the game, since you don't know your vertical height above the target animal. Although using the rangefinder to get the hypotenuse (shot distance), at the exact location an animal de-renders at 220m horizontal, you could rearrange the formula to solve for your vertical distance (height) above the target (if for some reason you really wanted to know that).
Personal Bests...
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Fletchette wrote:I know, I was just messing with you.....Interestingly though, you can't actually use the Pythagorean Theorem to calculate the hypotenuse in the game, since you don't know your vertical height above the target animal. Although using the rangefinder to get the hypotenuse (shot distance), at the exact location an animal de-renders at 220m horizontal, you could rearrange the formula to solve for your vertical distance (height) above the target (if for some reason you really wanted to know that).
Very true . So, in fact , in the game , the only thing you can figure out , that you have numbers for , is the hypotenuse .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

SoftShoe wrote:I know this has been discussed before but I see numbers bandied about that animals render between 200-250m. In my own experience I have watched numerous deer disappear right at about 250m.
Is there a difinitive word on what the actual render distance is?

The reason I ask is I happened to stumble upon the range leaderboard & see guys taking game in excess of twice what I thought the render range was. How is this possible?
Render distance is measured horizontally so if you are 200 meters above animal and the animal is 200m away horizontally you’ll get about 400M+.
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Ravenousfox wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Depens on the terrain.
I've seen animals render in as close as 170m before. :lol:
How come?
Was flat instead of hilly terrain which can = more render distance when looking down.
As to why the animal rendered 170m instead of the normal 210-220m who knows.

My guess would be the gpu couldn’t keep up and that created the delay in rendering distance
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

BuckWill wrote:Render distance is measured horizontally so if you are 200 meters above animal and the animal is 200m away horizontally you’ll get about 400M+.
Somebody needs to go back to math class. ;) Try about 280m
BuckWill wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:I've seen animals render in as close as 170m before. :lol:

My guess would be the gpu couldn’t keep up and that created the delay in rendering distance
That would have to be a really slow GPU. My guess is the animal walked out from behind a tree or over a hill and was just noticed at 170m ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Tod1d wrote:
BuckWill wrote:Render distance is measured horizontally so if you are 200 meters above animal and the animal is 200m away horizontally you’ll get about 400M+.
Somebody needs to go back to math class. ;) Try about 280m
BuckWill wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:I've seen animals render in as close as 170m before. :lol:

That would have to be a really slow GPU. My guess is the animal walked out from behind a tree or over a hill and was just noticed at 170m ;)
I haven't got a slow GPU. :roll:
I saw the animal render in a open field right before my eyes.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Ravenousfox wrote:I haven't got a slow GPU. :roll:
I don't believe it. I don't mean that in a mean way. I don't think you're lying, just wrong. ;)

I've ranged animals coming in/out of render many times, and it's always 200/220. A little longer if the elevation is different, but never shorter.

Unless there was some kind of bug in effect at the time ?? And I don't recall anyone ever reporting a bug of that sort. I'd have to see it to believe it.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

Tod1d wrote:
I don't believe it. I don't mean that in a mean way. I don't think you're lying, just wrong. ;)

I've ranged animals coming in/out of render many times, and it's always 200/220. A little longer if the elevation is different, but never shorter.

Unless there was some kind of bug in effect at the time ?? And I don't recall anyone ever reporting a bug of that sort. I'd have to see it to believe it.
Tod1d is right. I've played this game for a while now and the only thing I've ever seen render closer than 220m is collectables like the roses during the last valentines event. Had to be a glitch or something.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

TrueshotM wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

Tod1d is right. I've played this game for a while now and the only thing I've ever seen render closer than 220m is collectables like the roses during the last valentines event. Had to be a glitch or something.
as far as i know all collectables have a rather short spawn distance.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!

Return to “General Chat”