Why can’t support offer refunds for broken items?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Why can’t support offer refunds for broken items?

Post by gas56 »

Bong_Boy wrote:one of the fourm mods were nice enough to help me in this situation. I appreciate all the different options in the community and everyone’s take on the situation. I would like to see a change in EW and there refund policy incase this happens to someone else in the future. Sure I might be the only one now but what if it happens with the next weapon you buy or something similar.
So what are you saying,... "one of the fourm mods were nice enough to help me in this situation"
Is the gun working now or not?
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

we've seen a lot of crazy stuff but that one was wild! .... the easiest solution is to fix the damn thing - but you can only do some much with a 303 which is the biggest problem of all that someone spent all that time rendering a door stop :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

gas56 wrote: So what are you saying,... "one of the fourm mods were nice enough to help me in this situation"
Asking for details on his situation is poor form old man. :shock:

I think this thread has run its course & should probably be locked. No further good can come of it. Just my .02

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:
gas56 wrote: So what are you saying,... "one of the fourm mods were nice enough to help me in this situation"
Asking for details on his situation is poor form old man. :shock:

I think this thread has run its course & should probably be locked. No further good can come of it. Just my .02
How do you get anything fixed if you don't follow through?
If you can't see it ... I was trying to get help for him to get it corrected.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I'll tell ya what I think, when he bought it, something went wrong when it loaded into his game files. A solution, would be for EW to remove it from his profile, start from scratch, then add the weapon again- Now, I'm just a ****** without a clue, but I would assume this would be the first thing to do. There's thousands of machines out there running who the hell knows what configs and it's isolated to one person? He's got lots of hunting time, inventory items so the game works and he knows what's up.
Since this is isolated to one person as far as I can tell from this, so it would seem to my simple ass, you start at the beginning and it's either "Groundhog Day" and I'm wrong.
We;ve had sighting and mounting/aiming issues before but it was a measurable percentage of players - spinning bows and scopes come to mind and actually kind of cool to see the first time - the technical issue is right in that area of data but were nothing like this one I can remember. .... even if it was squared away with a compromise, the problem is still not fixed- and that's the real issue. Unlike accounting you don't just write it off.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

It's sad to see how things are going. What I can add is to encourage Bong_boy for posting his experience with the game and support. It's a shame they haven't given you at least 600 ems back yet.

“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.”

I just hope this thread won't be deleted or locked to hide how "professional" this company is treating its customers.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
Leventthyen
Spotter

Post by Leventthyen »

How can one know its isolated to one person? In any case, I believe EW will only take action until the actual cause is understood.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I saw the video, I remembered a movie, the exorcist. Did you try calling a priest? To wet the computer with holy water?
Just to play down a little :D
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Removing the weapon and re adding it to his inventory will do nothing since all of the files for all of the weapons are in every ones game on their PC as soon as they are released.
It is clearly a collision issue when prone as the second video showed it was able to be aimed a few times. I would think it might be an item being worn with it, and if that is figured out, EW should be made aware so they actually have something to fix.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

DHRifleman wrote:Removing the weapon and re adding it to his inventory will do nothing since all of the files for all of the weapons are in every ones game on their PC as soon as they are released.
It is clearly a collision issue when prone as the second video showed it was able to be aimed a few times. I would think it might be an item being worn with it, and if that is figured out, EW should be made aware so they actually have something to fix.
I think you're onto something.... @ least collision wise..... it seems that when you're on the edge of an object that a collision shake motion can be detected with almost any other object in the game.
This is the opposite side of the spectrum but I see how it could effect the 303 rifle model object in reverse stage.
Do you think a corrupt file line could also produce this when it is downloaded with an update to his game?

Return to “General Chat”