Why can’t support offer refunds for broken items?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Re: Why can’t support offer refunds for broken items?

Post by Bong_Boy »

Have updated my post with last response by support.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

I agree bong, heck remove it from your inventory and and replace it, or take it away like young33 said and refund you.
Spoiler:
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

wow so they respond to u again and they want to argue about u saying 52 (wich is the correct number from what I can see) and them saying 79 who cares what the number is the gun dont work for u and they cant fix it and u have done everything u can to find a fix and they wont replace or refund sigh clap clap clap great customer service EW idiots.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I hate to be bearer of bad news, but, if you were able to replace that gun, of get refunded, could you imagine the upheaval this would cause with other players who have tried to get replacements/refunds etc? If they do this for you, they'll have to do it for everyone. There is already another post on the forum where someone else is wanting a replacement or their money back. I understand your anger, trust me, but there is no way I can see EW refunding or replacing any item that was bought by you, or me, Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. It jus' isn't going to happen. And the reasons are as stated above. "If they do that for you" they'll have to do it for everyone. I'm sure there are many folks that would be sending messages to EW for refunds on this, that, and the other thing. Don't hate me for this post, I'm jus' adding my .2cents. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I had a brief stint in sales but found it didnt suit my disposition. My wife has been in software sales for 20+yrs & would agree completely with me that the old saw of "The customer is always right" couldnt be farther from the truth. In fact most often the customer isnt only flat our wrong but a damn liar to boot.

I am not suggesting you are lying Bong, in fact you have the video evidence to prove otherwise but lets be a little pragmatic...
By your own assertion you have 51kills with that rifle. How many hours of hunting did you get in with that rifle to get those 51 kills?
You are apparently the only person having this issue with 303.
Software is non refundable. It says that repeated & often everywhere you look.
It ostensibly worked & now it does. Thats not EWs fault.

IMO based on the above I dont think you are due a refund. While I dont think you are scheming to get money many people do, how is EW to know the difference? Add in that you have already derived a fair amount of enjoyment from the product & top it off with the clear message that there are no refunds & frankly you dont have a case.
All that being said... I personally think they should credit you with 600em$ for no better reason then to shut you up. All this noise over what amounts to 6 bucks real money isnt worth it.

And THAT is why the customer is always right.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Bong_Boy wrote: Edit: Update as of Thursday February 22nd support messages me back and claims I have more kills then I actually do “We also noticed you have 79 confirmed kills. These statistics are linked to the rifle. It's not possible to delete them or adjust your hunter score accordingly.” if you look in my rank it’s only 52 kills so either support is not looking at my stats at all or just bringing in a higher number to argue that they can’t refund me? Also because I’m the only player having the issue nothing can be done?? “Based on the forums and Support tickets, there are no other players experiencing this issue. All this is clearly indicating that the cause is probably your device.” I have downloaded it on two different computers both steam and the browser version and have sent copies of files that support has requested and nothing was reported wrong.

If anyone here on the fourms haves a problem with me having 52 extra hunter score because I had a gun returned please voice your opinion. I personally don’t think that is a reasonable amount of hunter score to matter or mess with the ranking.

—thanks

A very frustrated Bong_Boy
Somebody at support must be new. You have 79 shots fired, not kills.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Give the man a break and give him another digital binary weapon instead for heavens sake.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

@Bong Boy
Did you clean your game cache files like I suggested?...
Did you re-install the game like I suggested?
There was a point in all of this is that to see if it was on your end.
If fully concluded which end it is conclusive the problem exists, than a decision of the right choice can be made.
And since doing the above if verifying the problem repeats itself, then that type of rifle could be re-added to your account and re-installed also to give you the information your game may be lacking ATM with that gun.
This was for your benefit with help of a possible technical problem you may have with that gun on your files since nobody else has not reported this same problem ATM.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

@OP I don't have any problem with you having an extra HS of 52, or any other real or imagined(79? really EW? that's so bad) number. You obviously have a broken item and this isn't some fiendish plot you've devised to swindle them out of a whopping $6. I don't care if you killed a thousand things with it, it's obviously broken now. Ideally, they should figure out their game and fix it, but since that's not about to happen you should either a) have the .303 removed from your inventory and be refunded 600em$, OR b) simply be given 600em$.

I will no longer support this company until this is amended to Bong_Boy's liking.
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

gas56 wrote:@Bong Boy
Did you clean your game cache files like I suggested?...
Did you re-install the game like I suggested?
There was a point in all of this is that to see if it was on your end.
If fully concluded which end it is conclusive the problem exists, than a decision of the right choice can be made.
And since doing the above if verifying the problem repeats itself, then that type of rifle could be re-added to your account and re-installed also to give you the information your game may be lacking ATM with that gun.
This was for your benefit with help of a possible technical problem you may have with that gun on your files since nobody else has not reported this same problem ATM.
I have both reinstalled on steam and cleaned my game cache files. The problem seems to still be happening. Going to try redowloading the browser version again, hope that fixes it.

Return to “General Chat”