Why can’t support offer refunds for broken items?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Why can’t support offer refunds for broken items?

Post by Bong_Boy »

Why can’t support issue refunds for items that don’t work? I first want to make it clear that I’m not attacking support but not being able to refund a item that clearly is not working as intended is becoming ridiculous.

I have 51 kills with the .303 British in the hunter that is one of my favourite rifles in real life and is frustrating as the one rifle I very much want to use can’t be used by me. I payed 600em for this gun. Since the 24th of December I have been having this bug that dose not let me aim down sights.

Proof

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jo3MdTSkfi8

A few users mentioned it might be because I was prone at the shooting range and was a collision bug so I took another video showing the bug off.

Proof 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qrfXNQYYps0

At this point I have been talking to support for a while and giving them all the information needed but no one was able to re create the issue. I then attempted to download the hunter on my laptop and was able to still recreate it.

Proof 3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phi6gLZES_8

I since have contacted support asking for a refund by either removing this rifle and putting 600em into my account or by replacing it with a different rifle as clearly EW has no idea why I’m the only player having this issue every time I try to use it and I’m furious that I payed money for something that doesn’t work and was told

“I am afraid I can't help with this situation. As with most digital products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges for items or equipment purchased from the game store; especially if they have been used and contributed to statistics records or achievements.”

I understand that I have already 51 kills won’t effect my standing in the ranks a lot.I would even be happy if they were able to remove the points and provide a refund.

So my question stands what are your opinions on being able to refund a item if you’re clearly not able to use the item and are able to provide proof to support that it doesn’t work and would you expect a refund if you were in my situation??

Again not trying to attack anyone on the support team or the support team all together but this is bull crap and I’m curious what other players think about this issue as it can happen again to anyone. I wish I could support EW more but until something is worked out on this issue I’m not willing to support this company.

Edit: Update as of Thursday February 22nd support messages me back and claims I have more kills then I actually do “We also noticed you have 79 confirmed kills. These statistics are linked to the rifle. It's not possible to delete them or adjust your hunter score accordingly.” if you look in my rank it’s only 52 kills so either support is not looking at my stats at all or just bringing in a higher number to argue that they can’t refund me? Also because I’m the only player having the issue nothing can be done?? “Based on the forums and Support tickets, there are no other players experiencing this issue. All this is clearly indicating that the cause is probably your device.” I have downloaded it on two different computers both steam and the browser version and have sent copies of files that support has requested and nothing was reported wrong.

If anyone here on the fourms haves a problem with me having 52 extra hunter score because I had a gun returned please voice your opinion. I personally don’t think that is a reasonable amount of hunter score to matter or mess with the ranking.

—thanks

A very frustrated Bong_Boy
Last edited by Bong_Boy on February 22nd, 2018, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
lowby
Outfitter

Re: Why can’t support offer refunds for broken items?

Post by lowby »

In your case I would say a refund is in order u cant even use the rifle and they cant fix it so my common sense tells me either refund the em or switch it to another rifle kinda ridiculous that they wont do it if u ask me.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Honest oppinion ? From someone that has worked nearly half of his lifetime in sales so far.

If it doesnt work, u have proof and nobody of them can help u or fix the problem id say - Yes u have a right to complain and a right to get compensated.
Cant be that hard to just exchange it for another rifle or delete it from your account - they can delete doubles so this should be np. And really who cares for the achievements or stats u made with it. Thats a crap reason to argue with in the first place. Like the microtransactions arent refundable argument is too.
If i sold my customers broken stuff back when i worked in sales i gladly took it back. And to please and keep the customer in my store i would most of the times make some sort of bonus for him. ESPECIALLY if the poor guy has troubled himself for 2 month with a broken product. Internet sales arent really any different and the way stuff gets still handled up to today online can sometimes seem really shady. Even tho it got better in the kast years there is still a lot to fix with online sales.
On another note - the League of Legends support has probably 10 million times more to do with stuff like this but i never had problems with microtransaction refunds there if my problem was reasonable. Just to place a positive example here. Maybe the guys at EW can adapt.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

If this happened to me and it wasn't effecting anyone else as with a bug problem usually does, I would also be asking support what technical support help they could give me to correct the problem of the gun jittering up & down like that. IMO if nobody else has this problem than I would say it would be a corrupted or missing file in your game for that gun, and re-installing the whole game may possibly take care of it. Before that I would clear all the cache files in settings first to see if that may help if you haven't already tried that.
If the problem still persists after you have tried all of that without getting any more help from support then keep posting here about your situation and I'm sure they will take some kind of action for your problem...... ;)
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

I was hunting with him when It happened, and still happening we hunt everyday and young33 has witnessed this multiple times, he deserves refund
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

As long as I don't have a Mat moment and forget. I will have a look into this for you tomorrow :)
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Ty kiwi
Spoiler:
Young33
Spotter

Post by Young33 »

Seems like an easy fix remove his gun along with achievements and points that he received while hunting with the broken gun. Give The Man The Refund or Replace with a working gun.
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Ty young I agree
Spoiler:
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

TreeKiwi wrote:As long as I don't have a Mat moment and forget. I will have a look into this for you tomorrow :)
Thank you

Return to “General Chat”