.50 Inline Muzzleloading Pistol fail

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: .50 Inline Muzzleloading Pistol fail

Post by SoftShoe »

gas56 wrote: Game Balance again............. $ $
I really dont think they limited the ethical list to make money. If you think about it that would be a poor choice to market an item, by limiting its use & thereby reducing its potential audience.
IMO 1st of dont think they are hunters, at least not died in the wool, wind chapped hands, caked blood under the fingernails hunters so most likely they have a matrix based on a number of factors what a specific caliber is ethical for that takes the type of ammunition fired into account.
Take a look at what the new pistol shoots.

This would not be your 1st pick for thin skinned medium weight game. Way to heavy a bullet! Based on bullet selection alone I think what it lists as ethical is about right.

They no doubt need to massage this release a bit, add patched round ball to the avail ammo types & increase the list of ethical game.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

It's a no buy for me, even though I like the concept of the gun itself. But the permitted list prevents me from buying it. I would buy it instantly if it had the same permitted species list as the .50 cap lock muzzleloader or if they added a .45 cal bullet to it. I think I share that thought with the mainstream players and not only the eccentric ones. For the moment I'd rather use the .454.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

SoftShoe wrote:
gas56 wrote: Game Balance again............. $ $
softShoe wrote:I really dont think they limited the ethical list to make money.
Have you wondered at all why it only comes with that bullet type?
It is a precise way to cull out other contenders for that spot for just hunting, missions, & comps so it can produce its own revenue.
That's what game balance does, or everyone would be just running around with 1 gun to shoot everything, and how could they make more money that way?
I'm not against it,.. they have to make this game worth it to themselves to keep it ongoing......
and I still want to play.............so......... I am a paying customer ;)
This isn't my first rodeo and I know which Bull bucks more for the game..... :lol:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

It's a no for me - can't swap between 50/45 sabot- nope and certainly not @ $650 - I'm feeling a reversion back to an old philosophy here -
now if it had been the one pictured at the top of this thread all I could think of was "I hope it comes with the Captain Jack pirate hat!" ... seriously I was! only problem is, those were flintlocks at the time- but man I wanted a pirate hat! :(
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

gas56 wrote: Have you wondered at all why it only comes with that bullet type?
It is a precise way to cull out other contenders for that spot for just hunting, missions, & comps so it can produce its own revenue.
That's what game balance does, or everyone would be just running around with 1 gun to shoot everything, and how could they make more money that way?
I'm not against it,.. they have to make this game worth it to themselves to keep it ongoing......
This isn't my first rodeo and I know which Bull bucks more for the game..... ol :l:
Well, that's the case with the shotguns, the .50 Cap Lock, the .50 Inline (maybe I missed some others). The con of the Muzzleloader Pistol is the slow reloading time and that would be enough for "balancing", "revenues" etc etc. I simply feel it's lacking, among with many other mainstrream players (= lack of revenue).
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Generalkommendant wrote:
This isn't my first rodeo and I know which Bull bucks more for the game..... ol :l:
Well, that's the case with the shotguns, the .50 Cap Lock, the .50 Inline (maybe I missed some others). The con of the Muzzleloader Pistol is the slow reloading time and that would be enough for "balancing", "revenues" etc etc. I simply feel it's lacking, among with many other mainstrream players (= lack of revenue).

Why don't you suggest this to EW and maybe they will change their weapons allowed list style since you know better then they do which way to make more revenue on a product............. ;)
Last edited by gas56 on February 22nd, 2018, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

gas56 wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:
Why don't you suggest this to EW and maybe they will change their allowed style since you know better then they do which way to make more revenue on a product............. ;)
Maybe I should but it's only an honest impression I'd really think they'd sell more odf them. The pricing is not cheap neither.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Generalkommendant wrote:Maybe I should but it's only an honest impression I'd really think they'd sell more odf them. The pricing is not cheap neither.
How do you figure? even if I don't really want a weapon I have bought them to do missions, or certain comps with them.
If I can get away without buying a weapon then I usually don't buy them,... because I have a lot already and can get by with the ones I got,....
But if I see a weapon I really want than I get it,... like the 9.3x74r I'm waiting for,... but like this BP pistol, and the .405 lever, and the .30o/u, I am not interested in getting them.........
but not to say I wouldn't buy them if they go into the missions slot or certain comps..........
they got me either way........... but I already know I have to spend on guns if I want to enjoy the game the way I like to play........
and that doesn't bother me one bit, and if I want to play the game until I lose interest, I will still support it to keep producing new stuff,
and obviously it doesn't look like I'm the only one who does this.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

gas56 wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:Maybe I should but it's only an honest impression I'd really think they'd sell more odf them. The pricing is not cheap neither.
How do you figure? even if I don't really want a weapon I have bought them to do missions, or certain comps with them.
If I can get away without buying a weapon then I usually don't buy them,... because I have a lot already and can get by with the ones I got,....
But if I see a weapon I really want than I get it,... like the 9.3x74r I'm waiting for,... but like this BP pistol, and the .405 lever, and the .30o/u, I am not interested in getting them.........
but not to say I wouldn't buy them if they go into the missions slot or certain comps..........
they got me either way........... but I already know I have to spend on guns if I want to enjoy the game the way I like to play........
and that doesn't bother me one bit, and if I want to play the game until I lose interest, I will still support it to keep producing new stuff,
and obviously it doesn't look like I'm the only one who does this.
Not everybody share your way of play style. This forum has only a fraction of dedicated members registered in here. My guess is that they (EW) will make a (maybe) less powerful Muzzleloader pistol (a BP one) in a more traditional version with a patched round ball. As requested here in the forum. No matter of the permitted species.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Hey Gas.
I cant get excited about the BP pistol or the 405 either But be aware that the 30R O/U is one sweet little number.
Had it come out before the Bullpup ... I wouldnt have needed a Bullpup.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”