.50 Inline Muzzleloading Pistol fail

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
nachthexe
Hunter

.50 Inline Muzzleloading Pistol fail

Post by nachthexe »

I have been waiting for a muzzleloading pistol for quite some time even suggesting it. In the Stream it was used on deer. Now it is out and is only cleared for big animals? I had expected a similar list like the rifle. This list kills my desire to buy one, unfortunately.

In my eyes a missed opportunity by EW.
Code: Select all
Beano8U
Scout

Re: .50 Inline Muzzleloading Pistol fail

Post by Beano8U »

In the stream they talked about this :)
There is a good chance it will have the same species range as the .50 cal Muzzleloader rifle.
It was on a Beta server, so there is a chance the species will be adjusted since then :D

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

just doing a review video on it and a close look at all related to it will be up later.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

If they relase a saboted .45 to put in it then no problem with medium game. I shot a WaterBuff at 40m and it was quite good. Nice addition. Just got a Polar Bear at 50m in the lungs with ease.
Last edited by Schlachtwolf on February 21st, 2018, 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Oh, it seems it isn't the same after all :(

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Im happy to support EW with my money but being a hard core muzzleloader in real life I will have to pass on this one. I wont buy the inline ML thats already in the store either. It goes against my religion ;)

A composite stocked, stainless steel barreled, 209 primed optical sighted rifle/pistol firing a compressed pellet charge behind a copper jacketed, plastic saboted bullet IS NOT a REAL muzzleloader! The whole purpose for the season that spawned that crop of abominations was for hunters to do traditional hunting! There is absolutely nothing tradition about a miscreant such as that!

Now if EW were to come out with something like this I would be standing in line to give them my money!

Sure in game terms the pistol pictured above & the new inline would no doubt function identically but I am also sure you would all agree that we cultivate personas with our online characters & I am sorry to say mine would not carry that inline pistol!

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

SoftShoe wrote:Im happy to support EW with my money but being a hard core muzzleloader in real life I will have to pass on this one. I wont buy the inline ML thats already in the store either. It goes against my religion ;)

A composite stocked, stainless steel barreled, 209 primed optical sighted rifle/pistol firing a compressed pellet charge behind a copper jacketed, plastic saboted bullet IS NOT a REAL muzzleloader! The whole purpose for the season that spawned that crop of abominations was for hunters to do traditional hunting! There is absolutely nothing tradition about a miscreant such as that!

Now if EW were to come out with something like this I would be standing in line to give them my money!

Sure in game terms the pistol pictured above & the new inline would no doubt function identically but I am also sure you would all agree that we cultivate personas with our online characters & I am sorry to say mine would not carry that inline pistol!
I'm SO with you on this one! I too had hoped that the muzzleloaded pistol would be a similar to the one you've pictured.
My inner historian died when it saw that it was a modern inline gun :cry:
Still, I bought it with the hopes that they'll eventually develop a PROPER muzzleloaded pistol in the not too distant future.

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

SoftShoe wrote:Im happy to support EW with my money but being a hard core muzzleloader in real life I will have to pass on this one. I wont buy the inline ML thats already in the store either. It goes against my religion ;)

It does not use a Sabot, description says "...is loaded with a .50 lead bullet for big game hunting."
Code: Select all
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Yeap, I also think those are meant to be a full bore, .50 cal. lead (not jacketed) projectiles. From the pesrspective of accuracy and external ballistics, those are probably better than "historical", rounded ammo. ;) So I'm fine with the ammo, actualy.

But when it comes to look, I have to admitt, I would prefer something realy classic, historicaly accurate too. :)

From other hand - I don't say one can not hunt IRL with handguns. I suppose this is perfectly doable, wherever and whenever it is legal. But somehow it is hard for me to see a handgun as main hunting weapon. I consider them as sidearms - mostly for selfdefence situations and for coup de grace shots of already wounded animals, to shorten their suffering. So I somehow lack of inner conviction to buy any pistol in the game, becasue main weapon serve good enough for selfdefence in most situations.

But when I'll have spare money again, I plan to buy .50 cal. muzzleloaded rifle one day. ;) (however I admitt, I would prefer those new projectiles, even if those original are more true to history ;) ).
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Ill buy that abomination later and take my inline with it wearing my trapper outfit, outback boots, my orange backpack and sunglasses :lol: hahahaha seems legit :P

Maybe ill get some fun out of it again. Havent really actively played for a while. Lets hope i get something special in front of it , after what feels like an eternity of nothing , maybe that will ignite my fire again.

Return to “General Chat”