Best WRR Tent Location?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Best WRR Tent Location?

Post by TheSheWolf »

Heya! As the title says. Looking for a place to plonk that lovely sales-bought WRR heated tent.

I'm after moose, Dall sheep, bison. Any experience with good tent locations?

Thanks!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Best WRR Tent Location?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I have a tent on "Windy Hill" (X: -6464, Y: -10096). You can go se and cross the snowy plains if you're only looking for bison and moose. Or you can go east first until you reach the steep mountains and then follow them to the se, you will find all three (moose, bison and dall sheep) there.
Image Image Image
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Thanks! I'll have a look there :)
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

I have one on the first big mountain north of the southern lodge(you can access it on the SE tip). Always Dalls to be found on the mountain when you spawn there, and moose and bison roam right below. You do need a med kit to get down tho :roll:

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I dont remember how is called the lake near the southern lodge, but in that lake you can see a lot of animals, Bison, Moose, Sitka, Dall, i guess the lake is a good place to set a tent and maybe a tower.
Last edited by VonStratos on February 20th, 2018, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
RogerYar
Tracker

Post by RogerYar »

TheSheWolf wrote:Heya! As the title says. Looking for a place to plonk that lovely sales-bought WRR heated tent.

I'm after moose, Dall sheep, bison. Any experience with good tent locations?

Thanks!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Here are 2 more spots, though your're asking a lot to get very many of all 3 in one location, but to start a hunt It may be ok.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Thanks, guys! I used Tanngnjostr's hill for now. For some reason the hunt is bugged, listing no shots fired still and still 1970 start time, not showing in hunt history etc even an hour or two later--so I can't link the hunt. (Game crashed in the hunt before, 7 minutes in, so it might be that?) But, the whole place nearby, southeast as recommended, was swarming with more moose and bison than I could shoot.

Got this nice Dall Sheep on the way there, too; 199.842. So close to the 200 :lol: But definitely the biggest I've had, and the first I've taxidermied.

Thanks all for your input!

Return to “General Chat”