Spend spend spend

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Spend spend spend

Post by stancomputerhunter »

SoftShoe wrote:Oh & back to the OP, if you cant afford it you shouldnt be spending it. If you can afford it stop your bellyaching. Its relatively cheap entertainment. I took the Mrs out to dinner & a movie last weekend & I wont say what I spent for roughly 4hrs of entertainment with her. Lets just say theHunter is CHEAP compared to that.
In 4 years and 2 months, I've spent $2238.00USD on em$..that works out to .65 cents per day or $19.50 a month. Extremely cheap entertainment. Last night, just the drinks for a dinner out was $20. One time. Cigarettes are $7.00 a pack...cell phones are $100+ a month. The drinks, the cigarettes, and the cell phone are all discretionary spending, none are essential. Add the fact that no one in the world is being forced to spend a nickel on theHunter, and the argument is moot regarding cost.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

SoftShoe wrote:
Sherab86 wrote: Did you read whole my post, SoftShoe? :P
No offense meant, my reply of "compared to what" was the only part directed at you. The rest of the post was placing that statement into context.
I see. Well, no offense was taken anyway. :) I just wanted to show that what is not "expensive" for one, can be for someone other, just based on the place one is living. Not to mention personal situation. Of course this is still hard to compare, because of different living cost.
SoftShoe wrote: What irritates me is peoples sense of entitlement. I dont know about in Poland but in the US in many cases our people feel like they deserve everything.
I would say we, Poles are the masters of such approach. ;P Dosn't mean we can't work hard. But quite often we present demanding attitude. My favorite example is of farmers, with lost their crops due to Wild Boars activity. Instead blaming themselves for not protecting the crops good enough, they were ready to spend bunch of money by traveling their tractors to capital to protest in hope that goverment repay their loses.
SoftShoe wrote:The way of the world is the opposite, you deserve nothing. If you want it go out & earn it!
Well, I agree for general meaning. Still it is hard to accept for me a situation within people work hard for 8 or more hours per day, being exhausted after work, not really having a time to enjoy their life - and all this just to be able to survive somehow to the first day of a next month. It is hard to accept for me, that there are people wanting to work, but there is no work for them. And so on. :P
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Even tho id say this game has a lot of cash grab potential its still one of the fairer systems out there where u get what u pay for and know what u buy and what its for. It could be worse and feature loot boxes :lol:

"The new Rifle Lootbox ! Only 1000 ems with a chance to get the Apex Super Predator Custom Rifle - permitted for every animal with a 100% onehit kill on spot feature (0,000001% drop chance) or any other rifle available (.243 85% drop chance)"

:lol:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

D3AKUs wrote:Even tho id say this game has a lot of cash grab potential its still one of the fairer systems out there where u get what u pay for and know what u buy and what its for. It could be worse and feature loot boxes :lol:

"The new Rifle Lootbox ! Only 1000 ems with a chance to get the Apex Super Predator Custom Rifle - permitted for every animal with a 100% onehit kill on spot feature (0,000001% drop chance) or any other rifle available (.243 85% drop chance)"

You sir just reminded me my dark times on Star trek Online, i have played many mmo in my life and this game is the only THE ONLY i am happy to support with money, the rest where damm money grabbers as you describe, here in The Hunter we can argue if the Snakebite(by example) its cheap or expensive, but damm its so useful today as was years ago when launched, and there has been released new bows to pick, that means that what you buy will serve you well for years, other games release new items every month that make obsolete what you buy just a month ago... here you can buy with confidence... and even more, you can do almost everything with the items and weapons that come in the membership bundles and never have to buy other weapons if you don't want, that's what i love about The Hunter store, i buy because i like, not because i am forced to do because my equipment got obsolete. and there is no lucky boxes...and for the love of all is sacred lets never mention that infernal things again, please.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Fletchette wrote: I'm condemning it, it's stupid.....In 40 years of hunting all over the country, I've never met anyone who tries to head-shoot deer. The exception of course is finishing off an already downed deer, but even that is a mess.

It varies from hunter to hunter, head shots are very common here. Head shots mean less meat spoiled from trauma esp when you hit a shoulder blade, or bleeding into a rib cage. Maybe you just never met any hunter confident enough to go for a head shot.

His point is however you are shooting small animals in the head in game, with large caliber rifles that would easily kill the animal even with a glancing blow, and they don't die. The game allows head shots does it not?

I guess dying from heat exhaustion 1 hour after drinking 1.5l of water is more realistic.

This game is many things, but realistic is definitely not one of them.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

waiora wrote:
Fletchette wrote: I'm condemning it, it's stupid.....In 40 years of hunting all over the country, I've never met anyone who tries to head-shoot deer. The exception of course is finishing off an already downed deer, but even that is a mess.

It varies from hunter to hunter, head shots are very common here. Head shots mean less meat spoiled from trauma esp when you hit a shoulder blade, or bleeding into a rib cage. Maybe you just never met any hunter confident enough to go for a head shot.

His point is however you are shooting small animals in the head in game, with large caliber rifles that would easily kill the animal even with a glancing blow, and they don't die. The game allows head shots does it not?

I guess dying from heat exhaustion 1 hour after drinking 1.5l of water is more realistic.

In the game it means nothing to head shoot an animal,... when I first started playing I bought the PP bow right away and would track Elk and get as close as I could behind them then shoot them where the head connects the neck vertebrae, it worked pretty good. I mean they dropped. When pigs or boars are close I shoot them in the head also, they fall over right there.
When anything is close to you, practically it doesn't matter what animal it is in the game it will fall dead in its tracts. I have no problem with that in the game.
IRL it would be quite stupid to shoot an animal in the head,... unless it was a survival situation where you needed to eat, or an animal attack.
I just wouldn't try it with a small caliber rifle like a .22 LR on bear agression unless I wasn't carrying my sidearm, but if that's all I had your damn straight I'd shoot it right between the eyes and that would be the only spot I would put as many bullets as fast as I could shoot in the head.
I don't want no bear or big cat eating me, or the thought of it, I would fight to the death, whether its me or the animal one of us would be dead if not both.
Now lets hope this never happens...........again........ ;)

As far as spend spend spend, who cares who cares who cares.......
anyone can have a bad day and condemn this game to death on the forums.................
it happens a lot............. but did it ever force other players to quit playing... :D
Last edited by gas56 on February 20th, 2018, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

D3AKUs wrote:Even tho id say this game has a lot of cash grab potential its still one of the fairer systems out there where u get what u pay for and know what u buy and what its for. It could be worse and feature loot boxes :lol:

Heh. I can certainly agree with this. It is expensive (from my standpoint) but you get what you pay for. :)
waiora wrote:

I'm not a RL hunter. But almost every info I met in the Internet discourage head or spine shots, and advocate for lung shots. I've found only few pages considering neck or head shots as valid ways of hunting - and this was mostly for speciffic applications (but I don't recall with one). Of course, I can agree, that when in target, such shots are most effective. Destruction of central nervous system means instant death, no question about that. But due to reasons mentioned by others, I find this to risky simply. This is not about confidence, but more about resposibility to provide animal quick, so called humane death. There's no 100% efficient shooters in the world. Everyone makes mistakes. And a chance to miss and for example cause a badly, but not instantly lethal wound, is way higher with such shots. Animal will survive, but later will die in agony from infection or starvation. Lungs presents biggest target, leaving some room for error, and move less than head and neck, hence are safer to shoot, even if in about 50% of cases one will have to blood-track his/her prey for some distance. So to be honest, as theorethician solely, I would also discourage for head shots.
waiora wrote:
Fletchette wrote: His point is however you are shooting small animals in the head in game, with large caliber rifles that would easily kill the animal even with a glancing blow, and they don't die. The game allows head shots does it not?

And with this I can agree to some point. The game is probably not as reallistic as it could be. But to be honest, it is still much more reallitic than most games offering firearms to as. For example, currently there is plenty of first person shooters within external ballistics are represented great (like ARMA series, for example), but find me one, with represents terminal ballistics, especially "damage" part as good either. ;) TH:C is a far from perfection in this matter. But probably still way better than any other aviable title.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sherab86 wrote:The game is probably not as reallistic as it could be. But to be honest, it is still much more reallitic than most games offering firearms to as. For example, currently there is plenty of first person shooters within external ballistics are represented great (like ARMA series, for example), but find me one, with represents terminal ballistics, especially "damage" part as good either. ;) TH:C is a far from perfection in this matter. But probably still way better than any other available title.
OK,... so what available hunting title?..........since I don't play shoot me up games to get respawned and respawned... :lol:
Last edited by gas56 on February 20th, 2018, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

gas56 wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:The game is probably not as reallistic as it could be. But to be honest, it is still much more reallitic than most games offering firearms to as. For example, currently there is plenty of first person shooters within external ballistics are represented great (like ARMA series, for example), but find me one, with represents terminal ballistics, especially "damage" part as good either. ;) TH:C is a far from perfection in this matter. But probably still way better than any other available title.
OK,... so what available hunting title?.......... :lol:

None! :D

Hence I was reffering to shooters. :P
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sherab86 wrote:
gas56 wrote:
OK,... so what available hunting title?..........since I don't play shoot me up games to get respawned and respawned. :lol:

None! :D

Hence I was reffering to shooters. :P
I know, but it still made a good joke.......... :D

Return to “General Chat”