Spend spend spend

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
weatherby57

Spend spend spend

Post by weatherby57 »

I'm tired of spending countless $ for nothing in return , This game has gone from a good hunting game to nothing but ripoff Competitions where they stop spawning the comp Animal your hunting almost completely 1 big buck or whatever in a 2000 mile reserve , or someone climbing up a 300 ft cliff to lob 30 crossbow arrows at a ibex till 1 hits at a astounding 197 + m to win this is not hunting It's a joke , 100EM$ TOP PRIZE , you spend 5 times that during the competition . " Ballistics " a 340 Weatherby SHOT TO THE HEAD OF A Sambar deer Would completely decapitate the thing , But yet it just falls down and gets up with a headache and continues for 1000 meters , This of coerce is so you can use up your sent spray while you track this armor plated skull and buy more , the game has become a duplicate amazon , SELL SELL SELL , TAKE TAKE TAKE , AND GIVES NO REALITY AT ALL ANYMORE ! It's time to rethink the membership into the greatest hunting reality game ever to the top seller of EM$ .
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Spend spend spend

Post by Fletchette »

Somebody needs a nap....
Personal Bests...
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Fletchette wrote:Somebody needs a nap....
Lol. If you don't like the game weatherby57 don't play it! It's that simple. However I would venture to say that you do like the game, you just want competitions, and em prize amount's that suit you. Sorry to break it to you but that is not how life work's. If it would be like that then no one would be happy because everyone has something different that suits them. Best think to do is learn to enjoy the fun parts of the game and get over the parts you don't enjoy. Peace. ;)
crwilson12

Post by crwilson12 »

yeah ive never understood the headshot thing, every deer I saw my 3 older brothers hunt they head shot unless they wanted to mount it. usually a 303 british and I never saw one that was hit in the head that didn't have most of the top of it head missing. I can see not shooting a water buffalo in the forehead but cmon deer taking .300 Winchester to the head, literaly takes 60% of head mass away when the round shatters. I shot a mule deer in the eye from 78m and it ran 300m like I hadn't even touched it.
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

crwilson12 wrote:yeah ive never understood the headshot thing, every deer I saw my 3 older brothers hunt they head shot unless they wanted to mount it. usually a 303 british and I never saw one that was hit in the head that didn't have most of the top of it head missing. I can see not shooting a water buffalo in the forehead but cmon deer taking .300 Winchester to the head, literaly takes 60% of head mass away when the round shatters. I shot a mule deer in the eye from 78m and it ran 300m like I hadn't even touched it.
I mean no offense to your brothers sir, but it really is not a good idea to take a head shot on a deer. First of all it is a very small target. Second of all the skull of a animal is very hard unless you shoot through the eye socket. It is a very small margin of error all around. Not condemning anyone who takes a head shot on a deer just saying I wouldn't. If I had no other choice maybe a neck shot.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

walt133 wrote:
crwilson12 wrote:yeah ive never understood the headshot thing, every deer I saw my 3 older brothers hunt they head shot unless they wanted to mount it. usually a 303 british and I never saw one that was hit in the head that didn't have most of the top of it head missing. I can see not shooting a water buffalo in the forehead but cmon deer taking .300 Winchester to the head, literaly takes 60% of head mass away when the round shatters. I shot a mule deer in the eye from 78m and it ran 300m like I hadn't even touched it.
I mean no offense to your brothers sir, but it really is not a good idea to take a head shot on a deer. First of all it is a very small target. Second of all the skull of a animal is very hard unless you shoot through the eye socket. It is a very small margin of error all around. Not condemning anyone who takes a head shot on a deer just saying I wouldn't. If I had no other choice maybe a neck shot.
I'm condemning it, it's stupid.....In 40 years of hunting all over the country, I've never met anyone who tries to head-shoot deer. The exception of course is finishing off an already downed deer, but even that is a mess.

It's not just that it's a very small target, they move their heads a lot and quickly. The chances of a glancing blow are way too big. And there is just no reason to take the chance. Unless you're one of the very few number of people who try to harvest ribs or rib meat from a deer, no usable meat is lost when shooting through the rib-cage for a lung shot. And even if you do want some of the crappy rib meat, you're not really damaging much of it.

You know, a quick Google search would show you that the vast majority of hunters are against ever taking a head shot on a deer.
Last edited by Fletchette on February 19th, 2018, 9:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Personal Bests...
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Fletchette wrote:It's not just that it's a very small target, they move their heads a lot and quickly. The chances of a glancing blow are way too big.
Forgot about this. Good point! ;)
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Fletchette wrote: I'm condemning it, it's stupid.....In 40 years of hunting all over the country, I've never met anyone who tries to head-shoot deer. The exception of course is finishing off an already downed deer, but even that is a mess.
I agree completely, way to much can go wrong! I have never seen it 1st hand but have heard stories of people finding deer stumbling around with the side of their heads missing from some fool taking a head shot.

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Oh & back to the OP, if you cant afford it you shouldnt be spending it. If you can afford it stop your bellyaching. Its relatively cheap entertainment. I took the Mrs out to dinner & a movie last weekend & I wont say what I spent for roughly 4hrs of entertainment with her. Lets just say theHunter is CHEAP compared to that.

vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

The fact is that when the truth is said is difficult to be accepted especially in a game.
At the beginning the game was more like a simulation. from 2013 the game was turned to a commercial one and based on quantity and not on quality.In addition there are a net regression of spawned animals. I call that "desert reserves" and it happens frequently last time.
If someone want to be in a good place in the achievement need to buy all guns and kill everything he will found. For me that is "Run and shot" meaning making the longer possible distance and kill all animals he found.
All that ask for more em$ and is not the 100 of a comp that can complete the needs. But that is EW want. Sell as much as possible and is logical. Is a commercial society.
As for the head shooting for every real hunter like me is unacceptable .is permitted only for Grace shoots with an appropriate handgun.

Return to “General Chat”