problems confirming kill

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
greylaghunter
Scout

problems confirming kill

Post by greylaghunter »

I am having problems confirming a kill when I try to confirm the kill the calculate score wheel spins around and I takes a while to get back into the game just wondering if any one else is having the same problem or could it be my internet connection thankyou
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: problems confirming kill

Post by Sherab86 »

This can be due to yours internet connection and/or due to problem with servers. If this touch at the same time several players, it is usualy the last one. ;) Sometimes you can safely close the window and the score will be calculated for you anyway in the background - you will see it in summary statistics after the hunt. But sometimes gameplay starts to be buggy after this, when problems are more sevire.
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

been closing before score registers but doing that sometimes the game freezes
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sometimes it will spin for around 10 seconds or even for longer before confirming.
It's probably how busy the server is at the moment with the info it is processing.
I see it quite a bit even with a good fast IS, especially since the Event was going on.
If you have a slow IS or slow machine it may even take longer, or lag behind with info.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

I can also say there's a problem on confirming a kill.
Shot a Black Bear this evening with .300 Carbon Bolt Action and then shot 2 other Bears as they ran off.
Could not confirm the first one, so traveled out and picked up the other two. Returned to the first one and still could not confirm it.
Fast traveled to a Tent (beyond render range) and then traveled back to the first dead Bear, still could not confirm it. :(
Spoiler:
supercelldrw
Hunter

problems confirming kill

Post by supercelldrw »

Shot Albino Roosevelt today the head bobbed up and down shot it ten times and couldn't harvest.
Spoiler:
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Had a problem yesterday on BRR. Shot a goat with my .300 Composite and found it not too far away. It was just laying there not dead yet and I couldn't finish it off. Tried putting 2 more rounds into it but it didn't die and I couldn't harvest it.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉

Return to “General Chat”