Spooking radius on a treestand?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Spooking radius on a treestand?

Post by VonStratos »

Another possible reason is that between you and the wolves there was an undetected animal inside radius, like a doe, and when you installed the TS she was spooked and then she spook the wolves, it has happened to me some times with other animals.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

VonStratos wrote:Another possible reason is that between you and the wolves there was an undetected animal inside radius, like a doe, and when you installed the TS she was spooked and then she spook the wolves, it has happened to me some times with other animals.
Yep , very possible also. Good point !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Yeah anything your have to place or setup in this game has a spook radius of 100m.
Does this mean the bobcat caller as well?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

walt133 wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Yeah anything your have to place or setup in this game has a spook radius of 100m.
Does this mean the bobcat caller as well?
No sorry, as I was writing that I was thinking... "There has got to be something I can't remember" Callers and decoys do not spook :)
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

:arrow: TK Thanks, that clears it up for me.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

walt133 wrote::arrow: TK Thanks, that clears it up for me.
Walt,... here's a little trick I use when you set up a tree stand after hearing a Wolf,..
when you watch the hunter mate and the distance between you & the wolf are just about at caller max range set your TS ASAP & walk forward 15-20 meters and call with the Elk Calf caller,..
the reasoning is that the Wolf can walk out of caller range within seconds and thus not come to your call. But by moving ahead & calling this might keep you in range before it goes out of range.... ;)
Call 3-4 times only when you know the Wolf is around max range,.. as this will give you ample time to retreat to your TS and continue calling and helps to keep the Wolf in range
of the caller.
Last edited by gas56 on February 14th, 2018, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

gas56 wrote:
walt133 wrote::arrow: TK Thanks, that clears it up for me.
Walt,... here's a little trick I use when you set up a tree stand after hearing a Wolf,..
when you watch the hunter mate and the distance between you & the wolf are just about at max range set your TS ASAP & walk forward 15-20 meters and call with the Elk Calf caller,..
the reasoning is that the wolf can walk out of caller range and thus not come to your call. But by moving ahead this might keep you in range before it goes out of range.... ;)
Call 3-4 times only when you know the Wolf is around max range,.. as this will give you ample time to retreat to your TS and continue calling and helps to keep the Wolf in range
of the caller.
Thanks for that Gas I will remember that. Makes perfect sense. ;)

Return to “General Chat”