Big dummy...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Big dummy...

Post by SoftShoe »

Was hunting Muleys on TGT with a bow today & was watching a nice muley buck come in. I had the bow up & was just about to draw when what appeared to be a monster of a elk bull stepped out of the bushes right next to me. I twist, draw as he spots/scents me then loose as he starts to whirl. I hit him but knew it was a bad hit. To far forward, probably shoulder. I watch him run away & realizing I would have a lengthy tracking session in front of me decide to drop him as he runs away. Now heres the rub. 98% of the time I have my beloved 7mm break action with me but this morning I had been looking at my statistics & realized I never once used the 270 I got as part of a package deal I bought when I 1st became a member so I decide to bring it. Not realizing I have a 270 in my hands because I equipped & shouldered it so fast. Morover even the scope is the same as I use on the 7mm so in my mind nothing was amiss & I was indeed very pleased with myself as I see the bull pile up after the shot. I start walking toward my prize when the "Warning, unethical ammunition used" flashes up... Ohhh Noooooo...

I get to the bull & sure enough hes the biggest I have shot thus far & it counts for bupkis.

Ya big dummy...

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Big dummy...

Post by TheSheWolf »

Ahh MAN that is tragic. My condolences ;(
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I've done that a few times pulling up the wrong rifle (allowed list) and shooting an animal. That just sucks........
Or pulling up the weapon with it not being loaded, but then you can still pursue it..........if you have enough time left in the game.

but you should just laugh at pulling up the wrong gun,.. it could happen to anyone.

BTW..... I would have kept looking for another big Elk in that hunt,.. because you never know how many big ones get spawned.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

happens to the best.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Yea we have all done it and it S***S! I do have a question where did get the score? I only ask because it looks like around 350-360 to me. But I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time. lol
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

The scoresheet makes it look like a 352 to me, but that could be oversight on my part. I assume you got that 402 score from somewhere Softshoe!

Scoresheet = https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/soft ... /591340711
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Very nice Elk! Haven't broken 400 myself yet :?
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Count, shmount! That's an incredible kill, story, and trophy (shot, at least). I hope you mounted it.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The game won't let him mount a DQed animal
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

400 RM Elk are a dime a dozen at TGT so no big deal. When you mess up on a 430+ there, then you should feel sorry, I would. Get a 400+ Roosevelt Elk, and you are in a pretty exclusive club in comparison to the number of players. Good story though.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “General Chat”