Valentine's Event

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: Valentine's Event

Post by VonStratos »

thanks to everyone for the answers, i will try sneak in VdB, i have one barrel...in RFF for black bears. since i don't have much experience hunting bears from close and personal this will be an interesting challenge for me.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Deconstructed wrote:
FR_Bugs wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Does someone have some tips on "The bear that just won't leave you alone." i have hunted bears with bow in the past, but i don't go for them usually and 15 meters sound like a very hard to get without spook the thing, maybe with a barrel but even so it seems hard.
Hi VonStratos, the simplest way is to have a TS near a barrel, when the bear come eating, it roam everywhere during few minutes and come very close of you.
Agreed, although sneaking to within 15m of a small female brown is pretty easily doable.
The males aren't so hard either, if you work it out. A few years ago we had to do a heart shot with a SxS shotgun, under 10 meters.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ehr_ ... /591356721

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I did it, i followed a bear but i couldn't close the distance since she was trotting, but eventually i got close and then she stopped and charged against me, i did the mission and saved my life at same time. :lol:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HunterBooth
Outfitter

Post by HunterBooth »

I present this only for those of you having a little problem with finding/collecting roses. If you want to collect just roses, i.e., not really interested in hunting, this is what I do/did to complete the entire mission in less than 30 minutes real time (probably with a lotta luck thrown in). I always use Hirschfelden because of all the open, mostly flat fields in the south and central areas.

A little tip first and forgive me if this has already been noted: All special event collectibles -- and shrooms -- e.g., pumpkins, roses, eggs, are only visible within a radius of about 26 meters (if I remember correctly).

Therefore, the most efficient way to cover the open, easily viewed, spaces is by running in a straight line GRID PATTERN using FREE LOOK.

As an example: Using my HM, let's say I run due WEST crossing an entire open field until I run up against a treeline or, in the case of Hirschfelden, a berm. While running, use FREE LOOK, sweep the ground ahead and to your left and right while running. Then I turn 90° SOUTH and run for about 50 meters verifying by using my HM, which gives me a slight viewing overlap (remember the 26 meter viewing distance mentioned above?). After about 50 meters, I turn 90°EAST and run in a straight line until I run out of open field. I turn 90° SOUTH and again run about 50 meters. Turn 90°WEST ... you get the picture, now. Once you've swept that open field, move to the next and repeat the process over and over until you've collected the required number of collectibles. TIP: When you find a collectible, by all means go get it, BUT ... try to return to the line you were just running and continue, that way you don't mess us your grid. ;)

To check up on how well you're keeping your grid tight, look at your map (default key M) occasionally. You should see your path as a bunch of "square waves" over the ground you've covered. However; bear this little useless tidbit in mind, your path will no longer show on your map after you've traversed 26000 meters in the hunt. Trust me, I know this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Locations
Hirschfelden FIELDS: Start at the eastern Lodge very early in the morning. It also helps to have it raining (which is no problem AT ALL on this reserve).
Loggers Point SHORELINE: Start at the Boundary Lodge at 5:00 AM and run the shoreline all the way around to the Field Lodge ... this one is especially productive for Easter eggs. ;) This run is more productive and fun if done with a companion ... one of you running the shoreline in the reeds and rushes, and the other one running the treeline.

Good Luck and HAVE FUN!!!
A recent study has shown that women who have gained weight tend to live longer than men who mention it.
Spoiler:
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

HunterBooth wrote:All special event collectibles -- and shrooms -- e.g., pumpkins, roses, eggs, are only visible within a radius of about 26 meters (if I remember correctly)
Roses have visibility radius of 30 m, I checked it yesterday.
Also, it seems that we have fixed number of roses placed on a map when a session starts, and this number is the same for all reserves. So it's much easier to gather roses in small reserves like V-d-B, than in huge TGT or WR.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)

Return to “General Chat”