Valentine's Event

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Granti
Hunter

Re: Valentine's Event

Post by Granti »

Ravenousfox wrote:Confirming I can activate the missions, although I don't see any collectable roses to pick up just yet.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

There we go!
Time for a swim at the beach of BR ;)

Edit: What do one do with "Heart$"?
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

strandjutter wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:
Griph wrote:What do you win for doing them? One lists a deployable hunting tower, but the rest list no specific reward.
You must finish all of them, regardless of the order, to get the tower.

Nope !!! I got my tower steet away after finisching the wild boar mission ! What you say mayed have been the plan , but I think something isn't going as planned :o :? :roll: :D
Correct. The roses are a separate mission focusing only on Heart$. Also got my tower now :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Generalkommendant wrote:There we go!
Time for a swim at the beach of BR ;)

Edit: What do one do with "Heart$"?
You do nothing . They are points that accumulate for each animal killed with Cupid arrows, missions completion and comps ( need at least a score on LB to have some for comps )

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Granti wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:Confirming I can activate the missions, although I don't see any collectable roses to pick up just yet.
Thanks for a pic, I'll see if I can find any now.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Does someone have some tips on "The bear that just won't leave you alone." i have hunted bears with bow in the past, but i don't go for them usually and 15 meters sound like a very hard to get without spook the thing, maybe with a barrel but even so it seems hard.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

VonStratos wrote:Does someone have some tips on "The bear that just won't leave you alone." i have hunted bears with bow in the past, but i don't go for them usually and 15 meters sound like a very hard to get without spook the thing, maybe with a barrel but even so it seems hard.
Hi VonStratos, the simplest way is to have a TS near a barrel, when the bear come eating, it roam everywhere during few minutes and come very close of you.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

FR_Bugs wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Does someone have some tips on "The bear that just won't leave you alone." i have hunted bears with bow in the past, but i don't go for them usually and 15 meters sound like a very hard to get without spook the thing, maybe with a barrel but even so it seems hard.
Hi VonStratos, the simplest way is to have a TS near a barrel, when the bear come eating, it roam everywhere during few minutes and come very close of you.
Agreed, although sneaking to within 15m of a small female brown is pretty easily doable.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I didn't even use my bait barrels. I loaded up VDB and ran north along the river until I spotted a female in the distance. I crouched until I was 75m away, broke out the scent eliminator, then started to belly crawl out to her. Since she was on the grassy shore with some rocks around, it was easy to keep an eye on her as I approached although I did try to keep solid objects such as the rocks between us. At 12.5m she started acting suspicious, but she never had the chance to run.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Barrels work fine. For this mission, I set a tree stand on a bank of the river, find a place for a barrel in 14 m away, and 4 hours later I was able to shot the bear just near the barrel.
Also, if you want to use cupid arrows, you definitely need a stand or a blind. But note that aiming should be perfect, because cupid arrows bring very low damage for a bear or even an elk. Prepare for 10-20 min chasing in a case of body hit.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)

Return to “General Chat”