Weekend Sales on Piccabeen items just released in December.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Weekend Sales on Piccabeen items just released in December.

Post by JimboCrow »

I see the Piccabeen pyjamas are already on sale this weekend, not to mention the .30R rifle which was only released on October 4th. To me this is reflective of a reserve that is not doing as well as might have been expected. I wonder if the dense vegetation, lack of variety of environment, and the apparently high frequency of really crappy weather are hurting the number of players who frequent that reserve. It might also have something to do with the water bottle bungle-in-the-jungle, but who's to say that for sure?

Is Piccabeen really that bad? It kind of landed with a thud. And I noticed it finished dead last in a poll of favorite reserves recently where 3 reserves could be chosen, so it's definitely not a crowd pleaser by any stretch of the imagination. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help improve this already beleaguered map? I believe they should get to work adding more running streams (a real plus) and possibly some waterfalls for a start, and then get another animal in there. And how about some color? More flowers? Maybe a kookaburra or two? Is there anything else that can be done, can this map be saved from oblivion after only a month in the game?
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Weekend Sales on Piccabeen items just released in December.

Post by DYEUZ »

JimboCrow wrote:I see the Piccabeen pyjamas are already on sale this weekend, not to mention the .30R rifle which was only released on October 4th. To me this is reflective of a reserve that is not doing as well as might have been expected. I wonder if the dense vegetation, lack of variety of environment, and the apparently high frequency of really crappy weather are hurting the number of players who frequent that reserve. It might also have something to do with the water bottle bungle-in-the-jungle, but who's to say that for sure?

Is Piccabeen really that bad? It kind of landed with a thud. And I noticed it finished dead last in a poll of favorite reserves recently where 3 reserves could be chosen, so it's definitely not a crowd pleaser by any stretch of the imagination. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help improve this already beleaguered map? I believe they should get to work adding more running streams (a real plus) and possibly some waterfalls for a start, and then get another animal in there. And how about some color? More flowers? Maybe a kookaburra or two? Is there anything else that can be done, can this map be saved from oblivion after only a month in the game?
This for me is a real turn down . Never had a hunt where it was sunny ! Said it before , the weather system in the whole game , is the worst i've seen .
Yes, remove the Feral Hogs and had a ( the big bird that was proposed once , can't remember its name ) . Make the rain disappear . Even if they put waterfalls , flowers and nice stuff like that , that won't improve my game play !
Water bottle thing doesn't affect me at all .
I agree that its lacking something ...

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Hmmm... I like this reserve, actualy. It brings that feel of adventure. I like the idea behind the heat mechanics too. There are however some things that currently stops me from playing there much. One thing is positive, actualy. :P This is challenging environment. And this is good, I like this. But at the same time, this makes every gameplay session in PB quite tiring - in very positive way, but still tiring. So I rather would reserve PB for longer, weekend hunts, so to speak. And I would have to add to this the fact, I was playing on PB quite extensively after it's release. So I need a brake. ;)

But there are also some bad things (from my perspective). This would be:

- Rusa deer's antlers - this goes mostly for rusa, but sambar's antlers could be improved too. There is obviously some problem with scaling. And in case of Rusa, shape itself often is simply wrong. And I don't like this.

- panzer Sambar - I repeat again - I don't mind the fact, I need to blood track animals. I find this quite reallistic. But penetration itself is not reallistic at all.

- scoring system for Water Buffalo and Banteng - lenght's value seems to be highly underestimated - almost negligable in the score. Bison's version of the system is more fair, I would say.

- Water Buffalo's horns lenght (by avarage) - in my opinion, they are too long by avarage. Ok, sometimes such a monsters can occur in nature, sure. But those should be super rare, I guess. No many bulls live long enough to produce such big horns. And if they would be smaller by avarage - so differences in the lenght would be also smaller, current scoring system would have more sense too. Personally, I don't find a need to exagerate sizes of a horns, and antlers in the game. For the same reason, I was a little dissapointed with red deer for example. So I'm with water buffalo.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I've been too busy to play lately so have barely explored the new reserve. I would love to see a waterfowl species added though. I used to want some sort of bird species for the river areas of Val-des-Bois, but Piccabeen Bay would also be a great candidate. I know a lot of people think Hirschfelden is ruined by the geese, but I feel the opposite. The honking can get annoying but that's how they are in real life too.

If the reserve really is unpopular it would be nice to do something to draw the crowds. It's so unique and I'm looking forward to getting back into playing and exploring the place.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

JimboCrow wrote:I see the Piccabeen pyjamas are already on sale this weekend, not to mention the .30R rifle which was only released on October 4th. To me this is reflective of a reserve that is not doing as well as might have been expected. I wonder if the dense vegetation, lack of variety of environment, and the apparently high frequency of really crappy weather are hurting the number of players who frequent that reserve. It might also have something to do with the water bottle bungle-in-the-jungle, but who's to say that for sure?

I think the sale is in conjunction with the free to hunt species this week. Sambar & Rusa. Leave it EW to give them free species to hunt and then reduce the cost of the equipment they need. :roll:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Jimbo,..

You really don't want to know what I think of for PB,... and the things I am about to say only reflect my opinions.
But here goes......
Too much foliage for a starter. Sometimes I have a deer coming in to the scent and I can hear it sniffing around but can't see it until it is 10-15 meters away and that's even being up in a tree stand.
The deer IMO spook for the most part too far away when your crouch stalking them (if that's really a thing), I guess the Bateng do too,.. and they are cows,... and now I'm thinking well there is plenty of foliage but it doesn't help you with hiding (since it's all dynamic models it blocks your view when animals are close but not the animals view),.. unless you're laying down,.. but who the heck crawls around a forest hunting for deer, It's hard enough to see them standing up.
The deer also roam way to fast and at unpredictable courses,.. most of them don't act like they know if they are coming or going. When coming or going from bedding most deer browse IRL,
but these deer are on their own little missions of not going slowly nowhere (except only known to them) but moving consistently most of the time. Which in turn if tracking an animal your speed has
to be more than their roaming speed to get close to them and that usually causes them to hear you coming.
The terrain in places is bumpy and cannot give good viewing distances unless you are in a few specific areas that are more opened. When it rains it also limits visibility with the mist it usually comes
with, but sometimes it just gets misty on its own without the rain.
The coloring of the foliage also plays tricks on my eyes, as there is a lot of small palm bushes that have brown spots, so for me it is harder to detect brown animals at further distances as they match the foliage color and my eyesight cannot distinguish between the two of them a lot of the time. At least for the most part until I see the deer fleeing away.
The Water Buffalo is actually the animal in the map that can be hunted with relative ease, if you don't spook it first.
The Bateng is a whole other animal all together, I see these animals spook and flee when you are walking from quite a distance, so my thoughts on the foliage is just about correct with it not
effecting the animals sight from not blocking your silhouette from them.
Another aspect of retrieving a shot animal is that they flee way too long sometimes especially when you gave them the time (to lay down as they usually do IRL when shot) to run off first
then go after them, and you find out that they just ran 200-300 meters in the jungle without stopping. This gets old real quick.
And if I don't say that the water bottle is just bothersome to me than I wouldn't be telling you the truth. Everybody has a different play style and I just cannot have enough water and a long enough
game for it to last me,.. I do have to run a lot especially when I also have to track to catch up to animals a lot.
To me it has turned out to be one of my least liked maps in such a short period of time,.. and IMO not even close to WHI hunting which is fun playing it.
This map has the potential of being an all star map if it was just fun to play it.. and for me it lacks that of the other fun maps because of all the exceeded new features it has taken on.
Another animal could never hurt this map,.. that's for sure. And with all the rivers, there can be no other map already in theHunter to take on Crocs like this map could, especially with the deep spots on the rivers.
Well this is my observance so far with Piccabeen Bay playing it,... and I'm sure I've forgot to say something else that I see could needs heavy tweaking, but I'm tired and going to bed right now.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

caledonianblues wrote:... I know a lot of people think Hirschfelden is ruined by the geese, but I feel the opposite. The honking can get annoying but that's how they are in real life too.

As a (hobby) wildlife photographer I have seen places with tenthousands of geese (greylag goose, greater white-fronted goose, taiga bean goose, barnacle goose and brent goose) and even those thousands of geese make less noise then 20 ingame Canada goose.

The Canada goose as a Introduced species here in germany isn't as common as all the other geese. This alone ia a reason to get rid of them in hirschfelden.

Why not introduce greylag goose and/or greater white-fronted goose in hirschfelden, so the autumn hunting equipment can still be used.

Redfeather falls is big enough for some canada geese.

Or just make the canada goose more quiet.

MfG L.E.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

#Pyjamas: Really only needed for banteng and sambar. Not the trophy animal a hunter dreams of at night.

#Weather: Very believable and fitting. Well done, especially the new lightning and thunderstorms. Might turn off players though but for me it is not an issue.

#Environment: Looks pretty believable to me except that it is a bit dark overall, might also have to do with the perpetual overcast skies. You won't go there with a depression unless you use the green sunglasses. Pretty butterflies. They tried to make some variety with jungles, beaches and riversides. Crossing these rivers can cost some nerves if an animal can and you can't.

#Water bottle: That's not an issue and it costs nothing.

#Improvements: Remove the Feral Hogs. I can't see them anymore. As much as they might fit here, get rid of them and increase the numbers for the others until other species are added. Make a caller for sambar. How many want to buy scents on a regular basis? Add huntable birds.

#Reserve type: Not on a top 20 list of desired hunting reserves for most casual hunters I think. You can only make people want the unwanted to a certain degree. I believe a second WH type of reserve with their very same animals would be more used as it has those typical hunting animals. Or a WH in fall or a HF in summer or winter. The more exotic, the less used. Bushrangers is another example.

#Running water: Great new feature and I know they made an effort, but the pretty pointless for some side rivers in the jungle. I would want this for the main rivers.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Actually the sales were just to go along with the release of the Sambar and Rusa Deer sprays. If you think the sales came to early, we could always push them back :P
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

The weather would be real if it was once or twice a year and if you have seen these storms in real life no way would you be out hunting

Return to “General Chat”