Weekend Sales on Piccabeen items just released in December.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Weekend Sales on Piccabeen items just released in December.

Post by JimboCrow »

Thank you for the input folks. It might seem like I'm not a fan of PB by my OP, but on the contrary I really like that they did something different, something new. However, I'm concerned it's almost like a 'footnote' reserve already, second class, and not driving the conversation the way it should be. That's why when I saw the weekend sales I thought it was time to bring it up again.

@TK and EW - I have zero problems with EW making money, bro. Nada. The way I see it, the healthier their stock, the longer I get to play my game. So, delay the sales? Not to please me. ;) I have only the items in my inventory I want, and I couldn't care less if I paid a few em$ more or less than the next guy. Do what's best for the bottom line, I say, but of course only as long as it doesn't detract from gameplay. :) (Actually I would have preferred the release of the 9.3 x .74R instead. ;) )

Keep the comments and suggestions coming, friends, it's all very good for the outlook of this reserve. Hopefully EW just doesn't abandon it as it is. They need to continue to flesh it out and dress it up, look for ways to improve it. Look at BRR now compared to the beginning, it's nobody's absolute favorite, but it has it's own unique appeal and the game just wouldn't be the same without it. That's what I hope for PB. It just hasn't found its groove yet.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

JimboCrow wrote:It just hasn't found its groove yet.
They could find it if they give beer instead of water :D
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Hmmm...I'm not seeing the problem. It is supposed to represent sub-tropical country, such as the north of Australia, right?

I just spent the morning hunting it. A beautiful, warm, sunny morning. Rained just a little as I was crossing the railroad bridge, then cleared right up again. Got three water buffalo (including one male with huge spread....what's a good score for a water buffalo?), two Banteng, two Rusa deer, and a feral hog. The scenery was pretty impressive, to me. I'm not sure I get concern for the depth of rivers, for instance. Some rivers are deep, including most rivers in sub-tropical environments.

Anyway, I enjoyed the morning, and look forward to more trips in this reserve.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

fantamichele wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:It just hasn't found its groove yet.
They could find it if they give beer instead of water :D
Now you're speaking my language Mich3le! No Google translator necessary! Beer, birra, bier, biere, cerveza, I can say beer in 270 different languages just in case I'm ever trying to order one and there's a language barrier. You've got to have your priorities straight! 8-) :lol:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Crocs could be exciting in Pb, they don't just have to be sunbathers!
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

I think they hurried away that map a little bit.

Sorry for my English.
Peace.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Personally
I'd say remove the pigs from BR but keep them in PB. (But many people would be angry because the'll have to move their feeders.)
The hogs fit the new map way better than the old one.

Banteng are a frustrating hunting experience. Either turn down their senses and especially roaming speed or give us a lure/bait.
The other animals are fine (still turn down roaming speed!) now that we have a lure for sambar.
Adding another species would be good and a bird flying or walking sounds interesting.

They really should just play their map and see whats fun and whats not.
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

I've checked by curiosity the number of PB animals killed on many of my friends stats (many with a hunter score over 20-30k) and they are real low, some of them have a total of 20-30 animals killed in PB while some even less...
I'm usually getting the same responses when I ask what they think about the map:
'I dont like the hog's, can't see them to good and they spook other animals.
'I don't like the dense vegetation/visibility/weather.
'Sambar and Banteng are to spooky for a map with such a dense vegetation.
'It's almost imposible to track a sambar while they keep spooking from a distance that I'm not even able to see them.
I kinda share their thoughts, lets say that open areas are ok but you can't get more than 1-2 animals there as long the most of the times you have to gun them and spook everything. Until now it seems that bow+treestand in a good spawning spot it's the most prolific way for rusa and sambar+scent spray but that may reduce the map to spawn-smashing and not all of us like to hunt that way...
I agree with those who say that it's nice to have an animal a bit harder to hunt like the sambar but I don't like to have it on Pb or at least not so spooky, animals without a caller like ibex, bighorn, kangaroo, bison are in open areas and more easier to see and it's real fun to hunt them, I see no fun in tracking animals on PB, sometimes it can get real frustrating keep spooking them even while crouching and with full cammo.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The sambar is not difficult to hunt, it is only necessary to adopt a hunting tactic different from the other deer species.
If you find the right method, sambar hunting becomes very rewarding. I personally find it more difficult to hunt the Rusa deer and banteng.
Seriously you think that the vegetation is dense? I find no difficulty to shoot over 150 meters in any area of the map except the swamp.
Perhaps many people thought that hunting the sambar would be like the other deer, fortunately it is not. Sambar hunting takes time and above all a lot of patience.
Follow their tracks is not so difficult, it is true that they walk faster than the other deer, but reaching them is not impossible.
Again, you just have to find the right method to achieve good results.
nature9
Spotter

Post by nature9 »

Lack of variation is this map biggest problem. Four species and you can categorize them by two. And hogs what ever...Also some of my friends computers can't handle this well, so in mp I don't usually play this map.This map needs new species, maybe birds or predators

Return to “General Chat”