Weekend Sales on Piccabeen items just released in December.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Weekend Sales on Piccabeen items just released in December.

Post by Sherab86 »

HooCairs wrote:#Pyjamas: Really only needed for banteng and sambar. Not the trophy animal a hunter dreams of at night.

#Weather: Very believable and fitting. Well done, especially the new lightning and thunderstorms. Might turn off players though but for me it is not an issue.

#Environment: Looks pretty believable to me except that it is a bit dark overall, might also have to do with the perpetual overcast skies. You won't go there with a depression unless you use the green sunglasses. Pretty butterflies. They tried to make some variety with jungles, beaches and riversides. Crossing these rivers can cost some nerves if an animal can and you can't.

#Water bottle: That's not an issue and it costs nothing.

#Improvements: Remove the Feral Hogs. I can't see them anymore. As much as they might fit here, get rid of them and increase the numbers for the others until other species are added. Make a caller for sambar. How many want to buy scents on a regular basis? Add huntable birds.

#Reserve type: Not on a top 20 list of desired hunting reserves for most casual hunters I think. You can only make people want the unwanted to a certain degree. I believe a second WH type of reserve with their very same animals would be more used as it has those typical hunting animals. Or a WH in fall or a HF in summer or winter. The more exotic, the less used. Bushrangers is another example.

#Running water: Great new feature and I know they made an effort, but the pretty pointless for some side rivers in the jungle. I would want this for the main rivers.
#Pyjamas: I would change "needed" to "most useful" ;) I've been hunting on Sambar and Banteng in Outback clothes, eventualy in combo of outback and B&C and this was perfectly doable. ;) So pyjamas are probably not realy needed. :) But certainly useful. :)

#Weather, Environment, Water Bottles - I fully agree.

#Improvements: While I agree, that at least I personally don't want to regulary buy a scent spray, I don't want a caller either. There's no one IRL, shouldn't be in game. Just my opinion. I would rather work a little bit on Sambar itself. Maybe to reduce a little bit roaming speed - making it to stop more often and look around, like it is with some other deers in the game. Something that would allow as to sucessfuly follow them without spooking them at the same time. I admitt I don't like feral hogs on PB, but they do fit there, and I treat them as another challenge (rather not as a target animal). I think that eventualy only some kind of "small game" could be introduced, like mentioned birds. But I wouldn't add here any other "big game" animal's. Would be too crowdy, I think. But I'd like to see some other asian deers and bovines on some new map in the future. :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Good summary, Hoo - I agree with most of what you said. We have a lot of "common" and popular hunting reserves, why not add some more exotic ones now, even if they don't make it into everybody's top three list? I think that PB captures the feel of a tropical environment very nicely - I've never been there in real life, but I feel immersed. ;) It is a nice change, even though it will probably never be my favorite hunting reserve in the EHR.

I still think that the water bottle/heat mechanic was a waste of resources, but as long as I don't see it very often, I'm okay with it. Get rid of the hogs and everything else is fine!
HooCairs wrote:Make a caller for sambar.
Strongly disagree here. Let's have one deer species that doesn't act like a pet. In my opinion the scent spray was more than enough...
Image Image Image
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

Regardless of the reason for the sales, I think Jimbo has a point here.

One reason why I don't hunt in Piccabeen Bay is the lack of animal variety.

We have:
- two large deer species which look almost the same
- two large bovines
- feral hog, which can be hunted almost anywhere else

Ofcourse they behave differently and have to be hunted differently, but I just don't find the animals themselves very interesting or diverse.
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

I have been on PB reserve once, not been on it since and likely never will.

For those that like it, enjoy and have fun. :)
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Generally I like PB and the new animals, but I have some similar opinions like the rest of you.
These are my opinions, and not all might share them, but in order of priority:

1. Change the antlers on Rusa and Sambar. The models are great, the antlers are lousy work. Go to australian trophy hunting websites and look through their galleries for comparison: Rusa: https://www.ultimatehuntingaustralia.co ... australaia and Sambar: https://www.ultimatehuntingaustralia.co ... r-training
2. Either it should rain less, or the periods should be shorter. Also, when it doesn't rain it shouldn't go foggy. I see the point during the rain, but not otherwise. Makes deer stalking hopeless.
3. Make it possible to switch off the thunder sounds
4. Do NOT add a sambar caller. I personally enjoy having a deer that don't come running like an obedient dog right to your stand. The scent already makes it a tad too easy. Those who want to hunt something easier can chase Rusa.
5. Remove the hogs. Please. Give us Cassowaries instead. They fit in the environment, and provides some variation from 2 deer and 2 bovine species.

_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

I do not play in PB too, since my nVidia adapter has failed and I switched to Intel HD 4400 temporarily. PB is very graphic intensive reserve due to the density of trees, and I have 10-15 fps typically there with Intel, absolutely not acceptable for good aiming. More, it becomes a slideshow with 2-3 fps when I fire any weapon, and even worse with a muzzleloader.

With that, I avoided PB even when I had high fps on nVidia because of being attacked too often. May be that's my style of a game, but buffaloes see me much better than I see them, especially when I follow a track of another animal. After several sessions I decided that another cow head in a lodge does not cost my nerves burnt out while I harvest it.

On another side, I do not understand why the water is such important to other players. Using Outback clothes, I faced overheating once only on that map. I even tried to dress full Arctic set and run, and it took significant time to get hurt by the heat. The only annoying thing is very slow cooling, and no cooling effect from streams and lakes.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

JimboCrow wrote:I see the Piccabeen pyjamas are already on sale this weekend, not to mention the .30R rifle which was only released on October 4th. To me this is reflective of a reserve that is not doing as well as might have been expected. I wonder if the dense vegetation, lack of variety of environment
Yeah bit quick on the sales, DENSE vegetation?! :lol: what. You get more of a dense map in Settlers Creek and that's not even a jungle based map.
JimboCrow wrote:Is Piccabeen really that bad?
Yup, bad map.
Bit odd why they didn't release scent sprays with the new map but rather add them later as content for the week.

I STILL prefer Whitehart Island after all these new maps. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Here is a guy hunting water buffalo in Australia, in very similar terrain, except for the colors..he's pretty ballsy by-the-way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3vu-T1lD20

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

I don’t see how the .30R being on sale is any kind of commentary on PB. Very nice that they put it on sale so soon after its release.

The reason given for the rest of the items also makes sense, and is a nice gesture, to help with the free species.

I’ve not hunted PB yet, so have no opinion on its “fun” value. I think I’ll go try it out with my new .45-70.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The density of vegetation at Piccabeen Bay is ridiculous. Just look at some pictures of a tropic forest to understand how the vegetation should be made.
In the whole reserve there is not a single flower, a tropical forest without flowers? We joke? There are also mushrooms in tropical forests.
We want to talk about the land border? It is moved inland about 70/80 meters, pity that the animals do not know it. I keep losing animals that come out of the border, enter a state of trance and are not afraid even if the shots are fired.
I must also say that the new deer are very beautiful to see moving.
The bottle of water is not a problem, now that they have arranged the postponed shot is affixed. We always talk about a tropical forest so the rain has to be there.
The pigs .............. useless in this context.
The addition of the cassowary, as required by different people, would make a leap in quality to this reserve.
The rivers with running water are too deep and the water is too fast. It could be improved by adding rocks in the river bed and lots of vegetation on the banks.
Another thing that is very annoying is the fact that the sambar swim underwater, follow them when they cross the big river is complicated.
All this to say that this reserve urgently needs a change to the environment.
My goal was just to make a constructive criticism I hope I have not offended anyone.

p.s.: as usual I use google translator, for any translation error please contact Mr. Google :)

Return to “General Chat”