Approaching 10 years of TheHunter

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Approaching 10 years of TheHunter

Post by ronMctube »

i believe night hunting was messed about with when lion Martinez was here he teased in a status update with a video.

i would like to hunt at night but because of so many places around the world its not allowed i guess thats why its not happened.i think if done right could be great fun with lots of gameplay possibilities.same as africa the big ghost no one really wants to risk yet most people want. if handled correctly it would be a huge success the problem is working out or is the risk worth it business wise.it doesnt have to be shooting endangered species. there is more than just that in africa.
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

ronMctube wrote:i believe night hunting was messed about with when lion Martinez was here he teased in a status update with a video.

i would like to hunt at night but because of so many places around the world its not allowed i guess thats why its not happened.i think if done right could be great fun with lots of gameplay possibilities.same as africa the big ghost no one really wants to risk yet most people want. if handled correctly it would be a huge success the problem is working out or is the risk worth it business wise.it doesnt have to be shooting endangered species. there is more than just that in africa.
Thats okay in some places in irl you cant hunt at night but pig hunting or predator hunting would be much cooler i think and its a game not the irl
I still belive in they will put it to the game once
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Yes ... an African reserve would be welcome ... :lol: :lol: :lol: ok "gas" ???
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Ravenousfox wrote:TheHunter was released in March 2009 that's close to 10 years of the game being out now. (almost just one year away)
I wonder what special event is going to happen in the 1st Q of 2019... Incoming Safari map? ;)
What do you think will happen? :)
Hey slow down,... the older I get the faster the years go by so lets take this year as slow as possible please, when we get there it will be soon enough..... :)
10 years isn't as much time as it used to be........especially when you're already way past halfway that's left... :lol:
I think everyone knows how I feel about that big hot continent so I would welcome it ASAP this year if it happened.
Shooting Hyena's in the dark,.... isn't that sort of like the Halloween WereWolf hunting............. :shock:
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

fantamichele wrote:The only thing I expect for 10 years is a new graphics engine.
This would not make happy those who play on integrated video adapters. Judging by screenshots, there is a lot of such players currently (same landscape looks very differently on GTX and on Intel HD, so one can say for sure that exact screenshot is NOT taken on PC with modern nVidia chip).
And, JFYI, Picabeen Bay is too complex already for integrated graphics like Intel HD 4400 even on minimal settings. Overheating reduces FPS even more, and firing a muzzleloader turns to a slideshow with 2-3 FPS. :)

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

I don't think we'll get a new graphics system. Nor do I think we should... look at all other MMO-style games... World of Warcraft etc... there's a reason why they don't look great. They rely on subscriptions and if the game gets an overhaul that makes some people unable to play, there will be big trouble. If WoW can't afford to have a graphics overhaul and lose half their playerbase, theHunter certainly can't. This game looks incredible for what it is, I think the devs have done as well as they can with it. Go on Google images... type "MMO graphics"... this game has always been considered one of the best-looking subscription-based games around.

I'm SINCERELY hoping for an Africa update. I'm an oldie (despite age of my account) and it's all I've wanted. I have no trouble with the endangered species thing... we hunt polar bears which is as controversial as it gets right now, what with global warming and all... but I'd be happy with anything. Africa has some awesome animals.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

So I send an email to Nvidia and ask him not to produce new video cards because people want to play like 10 years ago?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

WolfLQ wrote:If WoW can't afford to have a graphics overhaul and lose half their playerbase, theHunter certainly can't.
It's definitely a consideration, no question about that. There are two sides to the coin though. On one side, you can argue that people should roll with the times and upgrade their systems. On the other, you could argue that the loss of players after a significant increase in system requirements, would not be replaced by new players just because the game had a new engine. A lot of players have joined the forum recently after playing Call of the Wild, then jumping ship to Classic. That proves that graphics and visuals are not everything. The dynamic nature of the gameplay in Classic, and it's constant evolution, are in my opinion what has kept it alive for almost a decade. That and the awesome community.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

You're right on the community, it's a place to find a thousand answers to your questions. But if people move from COTW to the classic means that they have high-performance computers, and how many other people would make the change if Classic evolved?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well you could also use current numbers of players playing call of the wild with a lot higher pc needed is almost 3 times what play classic every day.

so there is a player base to support a higher pc spec.

the engine is not what worries me about classic and its longevity.its the amount of items that can be added to keep the game profitable enough to stay open without saturation of what we already have. how many items can you think of that could be added thats not already in the game thats already catering for what we need ?

Return to “General Chat”