.405 Lever Action Rifle

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Marcio_Andre

Re: .405 Lever Action Rifle

Post by Marcio_Andre »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Marcio_Andre wrote:Hello !
In my store the rifle appears "not possible to buy".

I can't buy it. Why ?
Try to change your launcher language to English, buy the rifle, then you can change the language back.
Ok, It works !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you my friend !!

bye
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I don't know much about old or historical weapons, so i am a little confused with this rifle not getting a scope, i mean it make sense to not mount a modern scope with adjustable zoom, but cant get a old kind scope like the ones in the .45-70 Buffalo Rifle or the classic muzzleloader? btw the new rifle looks really good.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Putting a scope on this rifle would be impractical* if not impossible.
It is a top ejecting system which would mean that a scope mounted over the top would interfere with the empty case coming out the top of the action and possibly cause it to drop back into the chamber and interfere with the next round being loaded.
Resulting in what is commonly referred to as a jammed gun.
*An offset side mount might work, but they look like crap.
Its also a big heavy and relatively low velocity round, ( 2000 fps ) and that combined with its savage trajectory drop off, means that the most common range it is used at, is usually well inside 100 yards.
Its an up close "shoot em in the face" type of gun.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

DanthemanBoone wrote: Its an up close "shoot em in the face" type of gun.
And at 40m and less, the scope would only interfere with your field of view.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I know it's cool, but no scopee, no buyee ~ Just my thing. The open sights on these weapons have the POA and POI wrong, always have. When you have a bead, the POI is always on the top of the bead or blade. The guns in this game place the POI below the top of the bead/blade, you must cover your intended POI with the top of the sight bead or blade. - So if you aim naturally, the POI is low. It's just one of those nuances to hunting IRL they missed by a smidge. From the photos the ghost ring will block out bad, all the rings/hoods used in game are way too thick compared to reality and I think that's because of the 2X mag of the open sights.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Nice looking rifle. I am sorry but I do not feel it should be allowed on deer. the Sambar for example should not be hunted with a elephant gun. Really making this game too easy. The .340 and the 45-70 have already been made legal in game and the sambar made weaker.

I have an idea just introduce a RPG and make it ethical for all animals in game!!

One of the most vocal abut the sambar being too tank like owns 2 weapons the 7mm and .340. You think maybe he didn't want to buy another?
Sorry but this is just the way I feel about it!
Spoiler:
Allura

Post by Allura »

Just used this gun on redfeather and val des bois, and I enjoy the iron sights, they are clear and very relaxed to aim with, atleast for me, I am used to the old ww2 shootergames iron sights.
This gun ofcourse prefers short range encounters, but shot a couple of animals well over 100meters, and dropped them instantly, the power behind this gun is insane.
it takes more time than with a scope ofcourse but its doable. but like radamus pointed out, you dont aim with the point but just slightly below it.

I just started rewatching Westworld(I know its not the same gun, but still looks allot like it), and when I saw this gun it was an instant buy, and I am possitive I am not going to regret it.
now if we could rechamber like hector can, we can only dream haha.

thats my 2 cents, but than again, I am a newby to the game, and have no experience at all with guns irl.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Radamus wrote:Image

I know it's cool, but no scopee, no buyee ~ Just my thing. The open sights on these weapons have the POA and POI wrong, always have. When you have a bead, the POI is always on the top of the bead or blade. The guns in this game place the POI below the top of the bead/blade, you must cover your intended POI with the top of the sight bead or blade. - So if you aim naturally, the POI is low. It's just one of those nuances to hunting IRL they missed by a smidge. From the photos the ghost ring will block out bad, all the rings/hoods used in game are way too thick compared to reality and I think that's because of the 2X mag of the open sights.

that just user preference i think. if its a blade i use the tip, if its a rounded bead or has a dot like a tru glow sight or white painted i use that and cover my poi. the way ive always done it irl and the way it seems to have been adopted in most games.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Putting a scope on this rifle would be impractical* if not impossible.
It is a top ejecting system which would mean that a scope mounted over the top would interfere with the empty case coming out the top of the action and possibly cause it to drop back into the chamber and interfere with the next round being loaded.
Resulting in what is commonly referred to as a jammed gun.
*An offset side mount might work, but they look like crap.
Its also a big heavy and relatively low velocity round, ( 2000 fps ) and that combined with its savage trajectory drop off, means that the most common range it is used at, is usually well inside 100 yards.
Its an up close "shoot em in the face" type of gun.

Now i understand, thanks, its like this rifle have to be used very similar to the shotguns, its like a very interesting alternative to the other heavy hitters the Weatherby and Govment rifle.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Thanks for the Vid Ron , think i am gonna buy this one for closequarter Waterbuff combat and Grizz brawls ( if they ever become manly again ) :D

From what ive read online this weapon/caliber is also suitable to shoot DAMN RHINO´s ahahaha :lol: , seems legit and logical that it is permitted for Reds,Elks and Sambar as the .340 doesnt seem to do the job well enough ;)
100% sure it will also get a scope soon too, just out of convinience :lol:

Return to “General Chat”