Bugs (problems) in the game, lets organize them in the forums.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Bugs (problems) in the game, lets organize them in the forums.

Post by gas56 »

Ok, here is a big problem in the forums,
Categorizing problems with the game all into one post doesn't make the game any better by hiding the problems.
The problems need to be classified and all organized into the sections they belong,...
This kind of slack attitude by forum users and going way off post in the recent times needs rectified so we can
keep a focus on the subject at hand that causes the problem or possible arising bugs.
If we cannot explain a problem and keep it in a category then it will slide off into the sidelines as there is nothing wrong with the problem.
These things we must keep letting EW know so the game problems will get noticed efficiently and bug reports will be written up by members
more often and a heads up on the problem can be initiated.
This has to be done with all members and reminders of how things get done on the forum to NEW MEMBERS who can learn by how it should work
and the best process to have a good working game.

Any thoughts to add appreciated.
And please no going off subject.
Lindenborn
Tracker

Re: Bugs (problems) in the game, lets organize them in the forums.

Post by Lindenborn »

Nah Gas you go ahead!!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Lindenborn wrote:Nah Gas you go ahead!!
Well at least you got that one in the right post................ ;)
tavaraptama

Post by tavaraptama »

gas56 wrote:Ok, here is a big problem in the forums,
Categorizing problems with the game all into one post doesn't make the game any better by hiding the problems.
The problems need to be classified and all organized into the sections they belong,...
This kind of slack attitude by forum users and going way off post in the recent times needs rectified so we can
keep a focus on the subject at hand that causes the problem or possible arising bugs.
If we cannot explain a problem and keep it in a category then it will slide off into the sidelines as there is nothing wrong with the problem.
These things we must keep letting EW know so the game problems will get noticed efficiently and bug reports will be written up by members
This has to be done with all members and reminders of how things get done on the forum to NEW MEMBERS who can learn by how it should work

That would be usefull but i think the most of us know how the EW "fixing bugs"
I think a whole teamchange would be very good too
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

tavaraptama wrote:
gas56 wrote:Ok, here is a big problem in the forums,

That would be usefull but i think the most of us know how the EW "fixing bugs"
I think a whole teamchange would be very good too
A whole teamchange.............. :lol:
Wow,.. I don't think the employee's would appreciate that, especially the ones that just got hired!
I was just suggesting that we try to keep related posts together,... and if there is a post about one thing,,, not to make up another one, but post in that one.
But not posts about "what's your bad day in the hunter",.....because that is such a wide subject and does not really stay on a separate subject.
But I think we can keep the team,... we just have to do our best so they can keep focused on our feedback..... :P
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

When someone signs up just to post a negative response with no intro forget any value, it's whining with no balls.
We have a good bug system and it's simple- fill out the appropriate bug report using the provided template providing the required information -
It goes into the system and it IS worked on- I know this because I've seen it from the inside. Lastly, change out the whole team? that's the opposite of productive, we need those who have worked on it from the insides because they know this patient well with all it's quirks, and it's a quirky one! But it lives a pretty good life-

I sell everyday, it's what I do- I've always said, I wished my customers had all worked retail/customer service at some point in their life, my job would be a dream! Same thing here, The EW staff, if all of us customers had have been a game dev at one point in our lives we'd be popping wine corks 7 days a week at how awesome this duct taped up old ball of 1's and 0's performs~

So, new bug? do a search for it first- and add to it or create a new one and go play! I don't think a lot of folks no what unplayable really means and we've seen unplayable to different degrees, but it's rocking pretty good for most- but that WRR sound thing, which I don't have, I can tell is a real problem for those it is- I wouldn't be very happy with it either so I think, that needs fixed badly and the team already knows this.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Agree with you Len .
If we want a great game and less issues , we , the members of the community have a certain obligation to provide the right info about bugs , in the right place ( section ) , for any chance of those being solved one day .
EW is a team and the community is also a team . Those two put together is what make the game , good or bad .
Too many post of similar situations because people do not take time to search the forum to add their infos to already mentioned issues . Then , it gets lost somewhere .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

The problem with the bug report section is it is bloated, and filled with stuff that either can't be fixed, or isn't worth fixing. It is a nice concept, but just doesn't work. Imagine trying to go through it and filter out all of the stuff that will never be fixed, just to find the important ones that can be. It would be like telling someone you want a teaspoon of sand that is white that just happens to be on a beach that all the rest is yellow.

What gets fixed are the ones that the most noise is made about, as the squeaky wheel get the grease. And actually that is pretty much how it should be.
The bug section is good for those annoying bugs that get lots of noise, but are very hard to pin down the cause. Unfortunately most of that gets buried along with the thousands of other bug reports.

With all of that, and the game constantly in flux, I think EW is doing pretty good at keeping the game playable.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”