Who can hear Grizly bears ?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
strandjutter
Scout

Who can hear Grizly bears ?

Post by strandjutter »

I thought it was normal that you could hear grizly bears breath at 100mtr+ away from me and locate them by the tiny snifgrowl sounds they make.
although these sounds can not be detecte by the huntermate, i can pinpoint where the bear is when ussing my headset.
I can even tell if there's one or more bears.
But some of my friends can not hear these sounds( which are verry helpful to lokate the grizly bears), they only hear the loud growl calls the bears makes, that can be registerd by the huntermate.

I wounder if annybody else can hear these bear sounds to ?

Is annybody having a explanation why some hunters do and some don't hear these sounds ?

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Who can hear Grizly bears ?

Post by HooCairs »

strandjutter wrote:I wounder if annybody else can hear these bear sounds to ?
The grizzlies are clearly audible when they are close (example).
Just right now they flee from far. I think I could hear them from 100m before...
strandjutter wrote:Is annybody having a explanation why some hunters do and some don't hear these sounds ?
Hearing issue? :?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

HooCairs wrote:
strandjutter wrote:I wounder if annybody else can hear these bear sounds to ?
strandjutter wrote:Is annybody having a explanation why some hunters do and some don't hear these sounds ?
Hearing issue? :?
my friend can hear geese and ducks comming in before I do, but he can't hear the snifgrowl of the bears ! i doubt if that is a "hearing isseu".

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Could also be that someone is using speakers instead of a gaming headset. I've noticed there are a lot of noises I don't hear without the headset. It took me a while to convince a handful of people that brown bears make huffing noises...
Gaffi

Post by Gaffi »

I play only with Headset and i can hear them almost permanently, but I can not see them anywhere. The radius is too big, so annoying.
I would be also very grateful, if someone could reduce the walk noise. Not even the Bigfoot makes such loud noises, they drown out all other sounds.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Agree with that. Also the steps
Sound is t in sync so I can still hear it for a touch after I stop and it has me doing 360s all the time looking for somthing in the bushed with N touching range
Sycoshowbob

Post by Sycoshowbob »

I think it's a question of sonority, because the standard surround soundphones, which work at frequencies of 20Hz - 20KHz, lose sound quality, some models can on better output, even having the frequency 20Hz to 20Kz, working in 5.1 and 7.1. This makes the perception of several sounds in the game more complete, but ideally, it would be headphones with a larger range of response frequency, for example; 15Hz to 22Kz or even bigger, as I did some tests in the past and currently use a model with frequency 3Hz - 28Kz, it has resulted in this difference in relation to several players, even being on my side in multiplayer mode, and some players do not conceive to hear sounds that I can easily catch, like the sound of the bear, the footstep of animals at a greater distance, including the ptarmigan walking on grass, the meow of the bobcat, and among other sounds that are not recorded in the huntermate.

Return to “General Chat”