Taxidermy option changing to Delayed way too fast

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Taxidermy option changing to Delayed way too fast

Post by HD_Artworks »

Hi everyone.
I hope everyone is fine and have a great time. ;)

I was hunting some Ducks tonight and as far as I'm not an old Duck hunter, I can't notice that the duck that I harvested is a rare or not! So, after the hunt I go and check my statistics, and I didn't see any rare!

But I checked the Taxidermy option for the last animal harvested, and I see that I have to pay 12em$ because it was delayed! But the thing is only 13minutes has past after the animal harvested and I have to pay 2 extra em$ for that!

Question: What is the time limit of paying 10em$(Not delayed) to taxidermy an aniaml? Before the hunt finished? Right after the animal harvested?! I don't know!

I suppose the time limit is about 10 min or in the worst case is 5 min! So, don't you think this is a very short time?

IMO, this should be about 20 min or even 30 min after the animal harvested!

So, what do you think guys?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Taxidermy option changing to Delayed way too fast

Post by caledonianblues »

I believe if the hunt is still ongoing and you alt-tab out to the launcher/website, you pay the same, but if the hunt has already finished you pay more. There is no time limit at play. At least that's my understanding of how it works.
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

As long as the hunt hasn't updated then you can still pay the original price even after you have quit the hunt. Usually get a couple of minutes which is just enough to scroll down through your list of what you killed.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

They are correct, it's not a matter of how much time has passed. It is about whether or not the hunt is currently ongoing. If your hunt is still ongoing, you can tab out at any time and taxidermize the animal for 10 ems. As soon as your hunt ends, the price increases to 12 ems. Most of the time when I end the game (via the Exit button on the main menu) there is a 10-15 minute lag until the hunt officially ends on the server. This provides me with a 10-15 minute window to check my previous hunt for any unnoticed rare birds and still only cost 10 ems to mount. If you exit with the Alt-F4 method, there usually isn't any server lag and the game ends immediately. This is great for forum competitions when you want to enter your hunt expedition URL ASAP, but not so good if you think there's a chance of taxidermizing anything since it will cost you 12ems.

So the bottom line, if you want to make sure you get a chance to view your ducks and taxidermize them for 10 ems each, make sure to tab out and check BEFORE you end your hunt if possible. If you forget and exit via the menu, you might have a short window where you can still do it but there is no guarantee.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

So, I have to check my stats before I quit the game.
Good to know.

Thanks guys. :)
Season Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”