Windows 10 Question

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Wetland
Outfitter

Windows 10 Question

Post by Wetland »

Windows 10 had an Updated Version installed on my Computer yesterday and when I click on Start Game and the Reserve Screen is loading a small rectangular Blue Box now pops up at the bottom of the loading screen that says "Press Win + B to take a Screenshot or to bring up some Game Menu." It's not a Problem, but is there some way I can make that popup go away? I use the in game Camera for taking pictures, so would prefer this not come up every time I start a new hunt.

Thanks,

Wetland
D3AKUs
Hunter

Re: Windows 10 Question

Post by D3AKUs »

Its part of the new Creators update. Some tools for gamers u can disable them in the windows settings. U should find a plan on how to do it easily on google. I did it that way only took me a minute was really only clicking a few buttons but i dont remember now which menu it exactly was so better ask the almighty google gods :D
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

when the box pops up you can just tick the part in the box and it wont show again.its part of the creators update.which sucks ass. if you not sure what version you are on type in winver and that will tell you the build .creators update is 1709.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

Thanks Guys!

RonMctube, Click what part of the Box? Do you mean all I have to do is to Single Click anywhere inside of the Blue Box OR Right Click inside of the Box and than Click on some popup?

I don't know HOW to remove this box by the Windows Settings.

Wetland
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I don't have a Curser that shows on the Loading screen, but when I moved my Mouse I saw a little X Box in the Upper Right Hand Corner of the Blue Box. However, I couldn't click on the X because the Blue Box Disappears the second I touch it with my Curser. At least I can make the Blue Box go away, but would be nice if I could make it so it doesn't popup at all. he he

Wetland
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Assuming what you are seeing is the Windows Game Bar:

Open the Windows settings app.
Select the gaming icon.
Select the Game Bar tab.
Turn it off with the switch that says "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcasting using the Game bar."
Personal Bests...
thewindiw
Scout

Post by thewindiw »

not sure if its the same thing but I had the same thing and disabled it in the xbox portion of windows 10.

It hops it drops, it flies it dies, if it gets away you shot it in the wrong way= thewindow :P
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

as fletchette says will turn it off also.its just part of the xbox settings in win 10.

depending on which win 10 build you have when the box appears you should be able to put a x the box when it shows up.this will also stop it from appearing.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

It's the Winbdows 10 "New Creators Update". I can't click on the X in the Blue Box Ron because it disappears too fast.

How do I OPEN the Windows Settings App.?

Wetland
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Right click on the Windows Icon (lower left corner). If you see Setting on the list, then click it. If you don't see it then choose search, and type in "settings". Either way should bring up a window for "Windows Settings".
Personal Bests...

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”