Lots of Dall Sheep?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Lots of Dall Sheep?

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

During my most recent hunts in WRR I noticed an almost insane amount of dall sheep. They were like everywhere. Might be coincidence, but I'd like to know if anyone else noticed this.
Did a long hunt in WRR checking it out, all spawn areas I visited were either crowded or full of tracks.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
Seifer
Hunter

Re: Lots of Dall Sheep?

Post by Seifer »

I saw a herd recently that consisted of 7 females. According to the wiki http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Whiterime_Ridge they spawn in many places.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Gewehrwolf wrote:Hi,

During my most recent hunts in WRR I noticed an almost insane amount of dall sheep. They were like everywhere. Might be coincidence, but I'd like to know if anyone else noticed this.
Did a long hunt in WRR checking it out, all spawn areas I visited were either crowded or full of tracks.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
Care to share that location there care bear? Lol, just an expression, not really calling you a care bear ofc lol. For me, finding a few dall I head north of the hotsprings and down the valley between the two mountains, but never really saw large herds, a LOT of tracks, but no large herds ... so would be nice to know where your seeing these large herds :D, thanks
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

The Dall sheep spawn in insane numbers that’s for sure...

For hunting then i always run and gun. I’ve figured out most of the hotspots and i’ve made a route in between them. It can easily give me around 20-30 dall sheep in one hour to one and a half, but it depends a lot on your shooting and the spawn of course. Record so far is 30 dalls in one hour, i’ve had more but those hunts have been longer and covering more ground out of that route

Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hey,
pirahna590 wrote:Lol, just an expression, not really calling you a care bear ofc lol.
Lmao, been called worse things, don't mind. But that rings something, doesn't that come from some movie?
pirahna590 wrote:so would be nice to know where your seeing these large herds
I've drawn in the areas where I found large amounts in the last couple of days, hope it's somehow helpfull. Usually I wouldn't mind, but I do a lot of hunting in WRR and I never found that many before. I was out on a hare competition and doing sitka missions and both were near extinct, just sheep all over the place.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Gewehrwolf wrote:Hey,
pirahna590 wrote:Lol, just an expression, not really calling you a care bear ofc lol.
Lmao, been called worse things, don't mind. But that rings something, doesn't that come from some movie?
pirahna590 wrote:so would be nice to know where your seeing these large herds
I've drawn in the areas where I found large amounts in the last couple of days, hope it's somehow helpfull. Usually I wouldn't mind, but I do a lot of hunting in WRR and I never found that many before. I was out on a hare competition and doing sitka missions and both were near extinct, just sheep all over the place.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
Kudos to you for recognizing that line :), its actually from the care bears movie where Share the Care Bear is first introduced, since then Share's often asked if she cares to share :D. Yes, I have kids lol, hence why I watch more kid shows then any other type of genre lol ... an to think I bought that 60" 4k tv thinking Super Bowl and action movies lol.

Thanks for the pic showing good spots ... next time Im out hunting on WRR I'll have to check those spots out, thanks :D. Not sure when thats going to be though ... I FINALLY got to play COTW and since playing it I havent been out hunting in the classic in about a week now. But I'm not done with the classic version, while COTW has better graphics and a much needed increase in render distance ... my longest shot so far is over 400 meters ;) ... Classic has far more content and its animals are definitely smarter here on classic ... its almost too easy to bag large numbers of animals on COTW, but thats fun too :D
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

About a month ago I was hunting bisons and noticed a few dall sheep running away and decided to check them out. In the spot that was about the size of that circle I counted about 24 unique dall sheep tracks. :)

Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer

Return to “General Chat”