Comps & big bucks

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Comps & big bucks

Post by SoftShoe »

I just finished my 1st competition & have a few questions about it.

1st off, where are the big bucks hiding? I hunted Whitehart pretty hard & never saw anything much larger then a 160. My spotting score isnt high enough to give a score yet but 160 is my best guess based on what I had shot & what I was seeing. Well I did "see" what I think was probably around a 180 once, see thread about frustrating hunts for how that one worked out ;)

2nd do the MP maps get hunted out? I typically see a fair amount of game in Whiteheart but on one hunt I still hunted from Field Lodge down through the middle of the map almost to the campsite & only cut 2 trails. I was able to call in a handful of does as I went but didnt see, spot or track a single buck. I get skunked on RL hunts too but didnt think I would have that happen in a game LOL

I was able to squeak out a 3rd place finish after getting bumped from 2nd in the final hour of the comp but it was a good time & I am already looking forward to the next one!

chewik
Outfitter

Re: Comps & big bucks

Post by chewik »

the big animals are there, YOu have just find them. keep in mind the bigger the "trophy", the spookier the animal is. Improve You tracking and spotting skills, things will be easier then. and You still need a bit of luck. Also keep in mind that almost all competitions are Single player ONLY.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I'm assuming you are talking about the whitetail species. If i can cheer you up , in my over 4 years of playing and with the numbers below, i do not have a 200 scoring buck yet.
Couple 170s / 180s and one 199 ( which is in my lodge ) . They are more rare for me , than a rare color ! :?

Keep the faith.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Yeap, high scoring animals are not only more wary, but also more rare. Simply like that. :P And there is no rule at all. This is totaly random where high scoring animal will spawn and where it will go (well, it will go to one of the attraction zones, but we mostly don't know them, and still it can go to any aviable on the map). So this is mostly about time invested and/or luck.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

You need some luck to bag a big one, because you need find the tracks, then you need that track belong to a high scoring animal... then you need to hunt it, something i do is join the comps that run in the reserve where i go, and if i cross my path with a big scoring animal then good, if dont, well i still enjoy the hunt... a non spoken rule says that if you go after a specific animal you will find everything but that animal :lol:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

Work on a mission having to do with a critter other than what you are hunting for a competition, especially if it is weapon specific and bingo... there will be your winner.. guaranteed :)
Spoiler:

DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

It's really all about luck, just keep playing and you will see a big one.
The same goes for the elks for me, i have been playing for a few years, and never had d 385+ let alone a 400+ ;)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
DjHellHound

Post by DjHellHound »

Just gotta get lucky man trust me it can almost take me a full year just to pass my previous animal record because the biggest spawn the least while the smallest spawn the most its just all about luck timing and place I've ran into 3 180 whitetail before my biggest rn is 195 and it took me 7 months to surpass the 180 records but don't loose faith my dude everyone eventually gets the trophy sized animal they want
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

you track the biggest weighted one or you used to do and just hope it has a rack to match.then it comes down to the Hunting gods what score you get.you cant expect to get a 200 they are like 400 plus roosey elk.just luck if they spawned.i shot a few over 200 quite a few over 190 and 1000 probably upto 180.thats the difference.

in the whitetail comps or any comp. you either spawn mash hope for the best on a good spot.
you put in as much time as possible and cover good area.
or you do extinction hunt for the species you after with a bow and kill every whitetail you see until you get the best one and only one left on the reserve you on. normally a 170+ will be present atleast .
Gaffi

Post by Gaffi »

You are not alone with your Problem. I have only two animals in my Trophy Lodge. So ... ;)

Return to “General Chat”