Towers changed?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Towers changed?

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

i am back to thehunter last i played in 2016 do they changed the tower , i see animal spook when i am in a tower , 2 coyote came and run aways , same for elk big one came and looked to mee and run aways , so what is going on , the tower is even higher from a treestand , did they nerfed ? can some one tell that . ty
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Towers changed?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Split off from the other thread and renamed since it was off-topic.
Best0hunter wrote:i am back to thehunter last i played in 2016 do they changed the tower , i see animal spook when i am in a tower , 2 coyote came and run aways , same for elk big one came and looked to mee and run aways , so what is going on , the tower is even higher from a treestand , did they nerfed ? can some one tell that . ty
No changes to towers as far as I know, you probably had bad luck. :? I guess it was a stationary tower? Be aware that the deployable towers offer no scent reduction, so you have to watch the wind direction while you're in one of those.
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

No changes as said by Marc . The towers, even though they are putting you in high position are tricky imo . The closer the animals come to it , the more chances of spooking . Some species will spook real easy . The wind plays a factor , but the noise you make even if its just stepping here and there ,looking around also . Try not to let them come to close , is my suggestion . Use xbows / bows to shoot them at 30 - 40 meters and they'll never know what it them .

good luck

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Yeah good advice, scent sprays are great as well. Spray 30-40m away and then get back in your tower and start calling :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i know what you talking about few years ago animals didnt used to spook under treestands and towers.or very rarely.yotes whenever whatever changed in towers for eg now will come to your tower and then when they all close just sprint off they used to just stay there and not get spooked.regardless of what you have on.elk will often mill round the bottom. for yotes i would just smash the one you need before it gets too close.its not so bad on meadows as you can shoot them as they run.in dense areas just pick what you need.
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

well , no it was a normal tower not a deployable one , u know why i wonder that ,yes like RonMctube said before animal didnt spook so easy when u hunt from a tower even at 0 meter , day before i shot 5 coyote from a treestand they came one by one and stand 0 m under mee and start barking their beavior was normal they didnt run away from 30 m and i use no decoy , after i got 2 , the other 3 run away that is normal when they hear bow shot but they came back again no problem and start bark again under mee and so on got them all .same for elk , black tail , they came in group i take them out with bow one by one under mee with bow , by hitting the neck or brain and the distance between them about 30 m and they dont spook and run so that why i wonder about the tower , this is not normal like before .seem like dev want peoples to buy more tree stand then using a tower .
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

another thing that realy dont like in singel player mode when doing competition animal have another behavior , i call to a place when i see a group aimal to lead them to where i call and i retreat 90 dgree to make a heart shoot for competition one of the animal always start folowing mee and show off near mee like he is telling me helo i am here ,he keep closing mee then he spook and run away and spook the hole group , happen many time
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Best0hunter wrote:another thing that realy dont like in singel player mode when doing competition animal have another behavior , i call to a place when i see a group aimal to lead them to where i call and i retreat 90 dgree to make a heart shoot for competition one of the animal always start folowing mee and show off near mee like he is telling me helo i am here ,he keep closing mee then he spook and run away and spook the hole group , happen many time

It was suggested many times before to : Go to spot to call / call / before moving away , remove your caller / then walk away .
Some say it works good for them . Maybe try that .
Pretty sure it as nothing to do with the mode one is playing .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “General Chat”